Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default SCOTUS Repeals Fourth Amendment

This is why SCOTUS appointments don't matter. The Court ruled that the discovery of evidence obtained through an illegal search is admissible in court. Who voted in favor of this? Why the libs, of course! Wait a minute. Voting in favor, and AGAINST the 4th Amendment were Justices Thomas (who wrote the majority opinion), Roberts, Alito, Kennedy and Breyer, the lone liberal supporting tyranny. The defense of Liberty was contained in the dissent of Justice Sotomayor. Justice Kagan offered a slightly softer defense of freedom.
Don't tell me we need a "conservative" to make appointments. We have been betrayed by the right. God Bless, and Three Cheers for Justices Sotomayor and Kagan!

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/20/so...tus-for-excusi
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:28 AM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

The exclusionary rule is not a part of the Fourth Amendment, and this ruling is similar to the "inevitable discovery" rule crafted by the Courts to allow the admissibility of evidence that would have ultimately been discovered irrespective of defects in the basis for the initial stop and/or insufficient probable cause for the initial contact.

Your headline is hysteria and wholly inaccurate.

I've downloaded the opinion to read in its entirety to confirm the ...

.."the United States Supreme Court DID NOT "repeal the Fourth Amendment"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:52 AM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
The exclusionary rule is not a part of the Fourth Amendment, and this ruling is similar to the "inevitable discovery" rule crafted by the Courts to allow the admissibility of evidence that would have ultimately been discovered irrespective of defects in the basis for the initial stop and/or insufficient probable cause for the initial contact.

Your headline is hysteria and wholly inaccurate.

I've downloaded the opinion to read in its entirety to confirm the ...

.."the United States Supreme Court DID NOT "repeal the Fourth Amendment"!
I didn't have to read too far .... and neither would have you had you taken the time to do so .... but I realize reading cases requires intellectual ability:

Justice Thomas (First paragraph of the opinion!)
"To enforce the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition against “unreasonable searches and seizures,” this Court has at times required courts to exclude evidence obtained by unconstitutional police conduct. But the Court has also held that, even when there is a Fourth Amendment violation, this exclusionary rule does not apply when the costs of exclusion outweigh its deterrent benefits. In some cases, for example, the link between the unconstitutional conduct and the discovery of the evidence is too attenuated to justify suppression. The question in this case is whether this attenuation doctrine applies when an officer makes an unconstitutional investigatory stop; learns during that stop that the suspect is subject to a valid arrest warrant; and proceeds to arrest the suspect and seize incriminating evidence during a search incident to that arrest. We hold that the evidence the officer seized as part of the search incident to arrest is admissible because the officer’s discovery of the arrest warrant attenuated the connection between the unlawful stop and the evidence seized incident to arrest."

Hardly a "repeal" of the Fourth Amendment.

Your hysteria is noted.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:41 AM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

This only apply's to people of color anyway, right LL?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:56 AM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Isn't a person who has an outstanding warrant already, under the eyes of the Law, "under arrest"?

If you are going to be engaging in some type of criminal activity, regardless of how minor, you should be sure you have all of your warrants taken care of.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:08 AM   #6
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Isn't a person who has an outstanding warrant already, under the eyes of the Law, "under arrest"?
No. If the person driving around know about it, they are stupid.

Stupid is not against the law.

When it reaches the level of Iva-Little-One's though, it's a menace to society.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #7
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

What was the original cause for the stop, DWB or DWM.

In my opinion, the stop made by the officer is one of the things the founders did not want to happen to the citizens of this nation.
Sure the guy had an arrest warrant but the officer had no knowledge of that and no probable cause to stop him from doing what he was doing.

A failure of our citizens is to allow the government to decide what is our rights and what is our privileges. The idea that driving a vehicle on public roads is a privilege granted by government is as wrong as stopping somebody just to verify that they have been granted that privilege.

The intent of the founders was to limit government by the people and not to limit people by the government.

While the Fourth Amendment is not destroyed, it sure has a lot more holes in it as a result of this ruling. Your papers please.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:19 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
What was the original cause for the stop, DWB or DWM.

In my opinion, the stop made by the officer is one of the things the founders did not want to happen to the citizens of this nation.

While the Fourth Amendment is not destroyed, it sure has a lot more holes in it as a result of this ruling. Your papers please.
Here's the synopsis from the case:

"Narcotics detective Douglas Fackrell conducted surveillance on a South Salt Lake City residence based on an anonymous tip about ....... activity. The number of people he observed making brief visits to the house over the course of a week made him suspicious that the occupants were dealing .......... After observing respondent Edward Strieff leave the residence, Officer Fackrell detained Strieff at a nearby parking lot, identifying himself and asking Strieff what he was doing at the house."

FYI: Texas
"Art. 14.03. AUTHORITY OF PEACE OFFICERS. (a) Any peace officer may arrest, without warrant:

(1) persons found in suspicious places and under circumstances which reasonably show that such persons have been guilty of some felony, violation of Title 9, Chapter 42, Penal Code, breach of the peace, or offense under Section 49.02, Penal Code, or threaten, or are about to commit some offense against the laws;..."

.. might not have been such an intellectual struggle in Texas ...

I suspect the "founders" didn't want criminals running around avoiding arrest warrants either. All I have to say on the subject is if one has "outstanding warrants" one should "take care of them" before moving about the country!

I put that in the category of making sure your vehicle equipment is in working condition, before leaving the driveway, PARTICULARLY if one KNOWS one has outstanding warrants ... and if you just must leave ... .obey ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 AM   #9
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
This only apply's to people of color anyway, right LL?
I guess you should probably ask Clarence Thomas since he wrote the opinion!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
I guess you should probably ask Clarence Thomas since he wrote the opinion!
It is harder to profile a white person.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
It is harder to profile a white person.
It depends on the neighborhood..... or in your case, the location of the restroom.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #12
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
It depends on the neighborhood..... or in your case, the location of the restroom.
: lmfao:
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #13
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

I was appalled when I read that the prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures had been revoked. Fortunately, I then read LL's excellent commentary and realized what had actually been clarified by the distinguished Justice Mr. Thomas.

"Fruit of the poisonous tree" has a stopping point when another element is introduced, in this case an outstanding warrant. I think the danger we all are contemplating is the abuse of this concept, and I hope the courts will remain vigilant against that.

My advise to those of you who go to whorehouses or (prohibited topic) houses is to make sure your car is in working order, and you don't have any outstanding warrants.

While I believe our liberty is always in peril of a police state overreaching its authority, this ruling makes sense, and the 4th Amendment still exists.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:49 AM   #14
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I was appalled when I read that the prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures had been revoked. Fortunately, I then read LL's excellent commentary and realized what had actually been clarified by the distinguished Justice Mr. Thomas.

"Fruit of the poisonous tree" has a stopping point when another element is introduced, in this case an outstanding warrant.

My advise to those of you who go to whorehouses or (prohibited topic) houses is to make sure your car is in working order, and you don't have any outstanding warrants.
Mebbe that's why assup and EKIM prefer to ride the public TRANS-portation system. Or trade off hummers for rides to their gloryholes !
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

So it's ok for the police to detain you until they find out you've done something wrong. God help us. That is not America.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women