Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47672
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
xssx100
Registered Member

Default HIV home saliva test for clients and providers?

I know many providers try to take as much of a precaution as possible to avoid putting themselves at risk.

What would be so horrible about clients and providers both taking one of these tests before a session to further eliminate the risk or spread? I think they have other home saliva type test for other STD's also.

What are your thoughts?
xssx100 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Is that reliable?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
revan238
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

These home tests are very reliable. The Oraquick home saliva test is very quick and accurate. It was recently approved by the FDA and the only approved home HIV 1 and 2 yest kit. Here is a link for more infomation.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm310545.htm
revan238 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
TifanyR
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 181574
My ECCIE Reviews

The Oraquick test is the same one the doctors use! I dont think its a bad idea at all!
TifanyR is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

The info on the Link said although it is pretty reliable there can be false negatives and positives and no matter what a visit to the doctor is necessary to confirm anything. Sounds like a visit to the doctor to begin with is the thing to do
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
skirtchaser79411
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I think it is on point and have done it and was clean, i just wish the test i took for from my dr was i am type 2 diabect and will find out this week what that really means i hope it is not shots every day
skirtchaser79411 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
skirtchaser79411
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

i have taken it i do think it is real i just wish the test i did and bye my doctor was wrong i have type 2 diabetes that is really gone to suck
skirtchaser79411 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
xssx100
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Is that reliable?
LOL About as reliable as a 99% effective condom or CIM or not using anything at all

Just thinking if providers could buy them in bulk at I'm sure a much cheaper rate then they sell for at those sites it would make both people feel a little more comfortable that they arent putting themselves at such a great risk. While nothing is 100% it would go along way to stop spreading HIV to others putting themselves at risk coming into contact with an HIV positive hobbyist. I think they also have them for Hepatitis and some of the other STD's.

Another thought is if someone comes up positive the provider could give them another test or vice versa. If you get two positives hard to say both tests were faulty. Could use the same process for negatives if it is that much of a concern. Some much effort is put into security from dangerous people and to prevent diseases it seems like a small investment to prevent such a deadly disease. IMO
Old 04-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #9
gimme_that
Valued Poster

I posted about this here and the thread died real fast. The liability of finding out they have it outweighs the regular use of it apparently.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=694315&highlight=

Here's what I posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme_that View Post
There is an agressive advertising campaign for these new home HIV test. It only requires a mouth swab and twenty minutes. I was wondering about two scenarios: For Hobbying and a New serious dating relationship and the proper ettiquette for it.

Here are my questions as to how it maybe useful.

1. Since many hobbyist and providers proclaim they get tested securely every few months or so, would you consider it intrusive if either participant pulled one out and asked you to take it in order to proceed with the appointment? How would you ask?

2. Would you support it as an actual category on p411 offered activities list similar to "female condom friendly" or "BBBJ."

3. If a provider asked you to take one as part of her screening and meet and greet time before activities started, would that hinder you from seeing her. Should she consider that an alert or issue? Why or why not?

4. If a hobbyist asked a provider to take one would that effect you ladies mood or would you consider it notable. Would you consider it a waste of time or money to take the time waiting? If he declined the test would you consider that an alert or issue? Why or why not?

5. If regretably.....the opposite party had been determined to be HIV positive would you just consider yourself lucky and decline or would you pass the info along. If it became a category on a website to verify yourself similar to a p411 ID would you submit to taking the test if a random provider or hobbyist asked you too.

6. In dating outside the hobby with civilians.....would this be more so a no-no or would your thoughts and actions be the same. Why or why not?

e
gimme_that is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #10
gimme_that
Valued Poster

Let's keep in mind too...although their is an HIV test availiable.....this isn't a validation that BBFS is now A-ok if you pass it. I'm sure some dumb ass may now suggest it. I still would rather get definitive blood work I can track from my doctor......but this is a good start. Hell of a mood killer though during those 20 minutes you wait.
gimme_that is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
xssx100
Registered Member

Oh I was not saying to use it as an excuse for BBFS. I read your other post that you linked and I'm shocked by at least one response and equally shocked at the lack of responses in general in your thread and in this one. Have we finally hit a subject that is too taboo for us?

While I'm a huge supporter of everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I cannot believe one would say that they should not have home HIV tests due to a suicide risk. If that was the case it may be equally harmful to give a teen girl a home pregnancy test when her parents were not aware she was sexually active. Also shocking is the concept that others should be at risk because someone cannot mentally handle the consequences of a test that more times then not is a result of putting themselves at risk.

If this home HIV test was the norm equal to CFS then I would be real suspicious of someone who refused a test before the fun began whether it be the hobbyist or provider.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Oh, this is going to open up a whole lot of cans of worms. There are just so many different nuances at work here to make the "Perfect Storm" look like a simple April shower.

First off, if the lady wants it done-- fine. However, it should be at her expense and waiting for results should not be counted as time on the clock. I could totally live with that.

Second, I think it would be a low percentage of guys who would want to bring a test along for the providers. I'm sure there are some guys who truly are interested in being safe, but for the most part, I think guys are assuming the risk when they enter the hobby world. I could only think of one reason some guys would want to know the results of a test-- BBFS.

Third, BBFS is one reason why both providers and guys want the results of these tests. Let the cans be opened. Face it, if both parties know the results are negative, the likelihood of the topic coming up has shot up 1000%. Guys are going to ask the question-- "Hey baby, we are both negative, let's go bareback". Girls might use it as an upsell-- "Hey baby, we are both clean. For an extra 100, I'll let you cum inside me without a cover."

Fourth, the ethical issues. What happens with a positive result? Other than the obvious of calling off the date, what happens then? If the guy is positive, does he still pay the lady? Does either party out the other in the community? Would the affected party do that right thing and leave the hobby world?

Sometimes staying in the dark might be the best.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
drsmooth1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

My fear would be a false positive for me and the provider puts me on blast or she gets a false negative and we dfk, daty, and she performs bbbj. So I can see Cpalmson's point of view about staying in the dark.

It's like, feeling safe and secure performing cfs with your ATF weekly, monthly, whatever the case until you learn she has HIV and then you shudder. But the only thing that has changed is your knowledge.

So we feel comfortable fucking a stranger with protection because we don't know if she has it, but we don't feel comfortable fucking a stranger with protection if we do know she has it.
drsmooth1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #14
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmooth1 View Post
My fear would be a false positive for me and the provider puts me on blast or she gets a false negative and we dfk, daty, and she performs bbbj. So I can see Cpalmson's point of view about staying in the dark.

It's like, feeling safe and secure performing cfs with your ATF weekly, monthly, whatever the case until you learn she has HIV and then you shudder. But the only thing that has changed is your knowledge.

So we feel comfortable fucking a stranger with protection because we don't know if she has it, but we don't feel comfortable fucking a stranger with protection if we do know she has it.
Kinda fucked up, isn't it
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #15
Taylor Sims
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 107606
My ECCIE Reviews

Are these kits in stores or just online? I wish all drug stores and adult stores sold the test kits.
Taylor Sims is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women