Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60153
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36
Default Is ECCIE upstate NY hostile.

Is Upstate NY overly hostile so as to be little use to providers and hobbyist?

I was hoping someone other than me would ask. But my ECCIE english teacher put me over the edge.

click
Old 07-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Perryay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

Hey Offshore - glad this is brought up in a coed forum. Hostile?? not really- dysfunctional- absolutely.......... Personally, the previous board and ECCIE has allowed me to meet some wonderful ladies and the ability to communicate with many like minded gentlemen. But like any family, sometimes the song is sung off tune! I personally hope that the Upstate Forum continues to grow and we see more participation from the ladies and would hope to see a lady mod! It works in other areas why not ours? So we can all agree to disagree sometimes but lets try to keep it civil and not let it get too personal. Have a great 4th of July!
Take care & play safe.........
Old 07-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryay View Post
would hope to see a lady mod! It works in other areas why not ours?
I have been saying this for months, but to no avail. Instead the board ownership decides to appoint some guy (I think he is from Hawaii) as an upstate mod who has only posted in this area 2 times that I can recall and one was the posts welcoming him. I say shit or get off the pot. If you are not going to do the job, I have no use for you.

[ass-kissing]PS: The rest of the mods are doing a spectacular job. [/ass-kissing]
Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Encounters: 156

There is hostility and mistrust. So many different agendas and a great many of them are at odds with one another. That's the big picture.

Other than that, there is a nastiness where it seems like people can only lift themselves up by putting others down. That's the tone too often.

Intolerance on a board where people ask to be ass fucked, peed on, where to find a transsexual and where to get the best humiliation services...

It makes no sense that people are as intolerant as they are on the board.

I'm not sure what "better moderators" could do. Too much control and the place becomes so sterile that it loses its humanity.

The bottom line is that the board exists to aid commercial interests and is fueled by ego. It's a volatile combination.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
GP
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalBob View Post
So many different agendas and a great many of them are at odds with one another. That's the big picture.
This is something I have never been able to figure out. What agendas could there be? What is the "end goal" of these so called people with agendas? I have also heard another person refer to "factions" on this board. What factions and why? Are we sure were are not just looking TOO hard and convincing ourselves to see things that are not really there?

We can speculate all we want, but until there are facts proving or disproving something, then it is all opinion.

I am not totally convinced either way.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
jokacz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

After attending the Meet and Greet last week I can’t help but feel that something like that would go a long way to creating more of a feeling of community around here. The only shortcomings I saw with it were a lack of adequate lead time and the fact that Elite was involved. Let’s face it most indies won’t touch an Elite event with a ten foot pole.
As far as factions and agendas go I think this started when the migration from ASPD to ECCIE took place. I think the feeling was created by the first group that got here that this was going to be our playground now with our mods and our rules and it was not very open to new faces. The only anecdotal evidence I can offer is that it is always the same people posting in threads like this one. Look at the names – see a pattern? And it has been said many times before and bears repeating; some people take this way too seriously.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalBob View Post

Other than that, there is a nastiness where it seems like people can only lift themselves up by putting others down. That's the tone too often.

It makes no sense that people are as intolerant as they are on the board.
As far as anonymous internet message boards go, this one is actually quite civil. Are there disagreements? Sure. Personality conflicts? Of course. Those sorts of things will happen on any board you go on.

But let me make this point, Bob, and take this any way you want. The one person in this local section that's most prone to resorting to name calling, it seems, is you. I've been called a dick by you 2 or 3 times in the last 2 days alone. If memory serves, i'm not the first person you've referred to as a dick. I doubt i'll be the last. Off the top of my head i can't recall one other instance on the local board where anyone else has resorted to that tactic, and there have been some pretty heated conversations over the last several months. Maybe i've missed it, maybe i'm just not recalling correctly, or maybe you're the only one who does it. When people offer opinions you don't like, you're quick to jump on them for not having enough reviews (according to you) for their opinion to be valid. You're not above claiming that disagreements with you are due to the other person's sense of inadequacy. You've inferred that other people have questionable intelligence. And on and on. Which, i'll also say, is pretty par for the course for anonymous internet discussion boards. So to that extent, i'll brush it off and let it go. But when it comes to suggesting that other people don't follow the rules you yourself want to set but not abide by, i'll make mention of the fact that you're far from an innocent one here.

And before you again make reference to the forum guideline in my signature, i put that there only after being called Dopey, Stupid, and dumber than a box of rocks no less than 7 or 8 times in 1 week in the national section. By people who at the same time insisted that personal insults were tactics used by the weak minded. So i didn't put that there because i think we should all kiss each other's asses on a continual basis - i was simply referencing the name calling.

If it's your desire to keep disagreements and personality conflicts off the board, fine. Then either all the A's will need to let all the Z's do and say whatever they want without comment, or all the Z's will need to let all the A's do and say whatever it is they want without comment. Which do you propose?

Let me make one final point. I strongly suspect that if i knew you, and not NormalBob, i'd find you to be a pretty good guy. For the most part, your heart does seem to be in the right place to where you often seem to be one of the nicer guys here. I just think NormalBob would be well served to dial back a few things - as i'm sure, would i.

I'll leave it at that. Enjoy the 4th. Sounds to me like you've earned that right.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokacz View Post
As far as factions and agendas go I think this started when the migration from ASPD to ECCIE took place. I think the feeling was created by the first group that got here that this was going to be our playground now with our mods and our rules and it was not very open to new faces. The only anecdotal evidence I can offer is that it is always the same people posting in threads like this one. Look at the names – see a pattern? And it has been said many times before and bears repeating; some people take this way too seriously.
Most of the posts I see are good. I like perryay's post a lot. But I qoute this one becouse it is something I need to think about. Thank you jokacz.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Only a few where here before I got here. Some of them came back or are still with us. And I thank them for being here. As problems grew on another board. It got to be the wild wild west here. Till we got some mods. The fact that they where the same as from that other board I thought was a good thing. But then we had a rapid change in mods. Also at one point I was thinking that this board was growing to fast. Later the other board went down. And this board grew even faster.

My only agenda was to have more than one board. Yet as I look around we still only have one. Now this one. I still think upstate ny can support more than one board. But I may be wrong, as this looks to be the one. I think that this was the only agenda I had. If someone thinks I am wrong please let me know here or in PM. thanks again jokacz

edit: I got the idea for this thread from one in Men's Lounge. Started by another member. Would like input from male and female members.
As I get close to the end of my Premium Access. I am not sure if I want to do a review, buy access or just let it end.
Also thanks to my ECCIE english teacher.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
remix
Valued Poster

I agree with you Offshore, this area will only support one board. As far as agendas, I thought it was to share information with others of similar interests to make our Hobby safer and more fun meeting new ladies with less chance of bad experiences. Anything other than that is counterproductive and should be ignored. The anonymity of the internet allows most anyone to make statements without repercussion. The only thing you can do is ignore them and move to something positive. I don't hobby as much as many here, but this board and ASPD previously have introduced me to every provider I have met without ever having a bad time. I hope it will continue in a positive manor.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
GP
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
Also thanks to my ECCIE english teacher.
I have to ask. Who is your English teacher?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

I do not want to out him. But he will PM me when my english or spelling is not up to par. Most of the time I am ok with it. Other times I get pissed off. He can keep PM'ing me if he wants. I will not out him. As I was thinking of being a teacher at one time. And even was a student teacher. It is clear to all English is not the subject that I taught.

As many miss read what I typed. Most of the time I let it pass knowing english is the only foreign language I know.

Why piss someone off if they miss read me. But got the point right.
As some on this board do like to play word games on each other. Nit picking every word put out by others. My english is not that good to play that game.

Digital logic is my speed. Just a lot of "1's" and "0's", and gates. To bad computers took over that field. Todays computer will design the next.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrilling View Post
I do not want to out him. But he will PM me when my english or spelling is not up to par.
Gosh, how does he find the time?

I kid, OSD, i kid!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Gosh, how does he find the time?

I kid, OSD, i kid!

And if more could LOL about self. Would help alot on this board.

"some people take this way too seriously"jokacz
Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
FlyboyNY
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

Jack goes on vacation and the s**t hits the fan. lol
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women