Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59974
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47586
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15
Default Newbie question about hobby phones

Sorry if this information is posted in another thread - I tried doing a search, but couldn't find anything with more information on it.

Pretty much, we were wondering what's the best way to go about setting up a hobby phone? So far, we went out and bought one of those cheap pay-as-you-go phones and set it up with none of our real information in it, linked to a hobby email address. We're planning on adding minutes to it via prepaid credit cards, but were wondering if there was anything else we should do to protect ourselves?

Thanks for the info everyone and I apologize if this has been addressed before!
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
YOLO
Registered Member

Who are you wanting to protect yourself from?

Providers/Pimps? Yes you did.

Law Enforcement? No you didn't.

If you get into any shit, just deal with it as it comes. What are you worried about? Jail, divorce, or pistol whipping?
YOLO is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
Law Enforcement? No you didn't.
If we get caught by LE at a hotel or incall, I don't think there's much we can do there.

Is there something further to protect from LE regarding the phone / communication?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

The last time I bought a Net 10 or Trac or StraightTalk (Walmart) phone... I bought the phone with cash. I activated the phone WITHOUT registering it to a name, address or email. It asked for my name; I just declined to answer. IF an email address is absolutely required AND "I do not have email" does not work, I suggest NOT using a hobby email but a separate email used just for the phone and set up and accessed from a public/safe connection. Perhaps access with the computer's MAC address changed, or from a walkup public access computer, or from a public WiFi known not to track MAC adddresses, using TOR with scripts disabled, etc. And when you activate the hobby phone, remember to use a phone NOT traceable to you. A pay phone is a good option if you can find a working one. Harder still is finding one NOT watched by a camera. To be frank, be very careful with any kind of registration, any payment other than cash, etc... It does seem to me that you need to be a bit more careful. But that is just me. PS: Dont do this as a group. Each of you should do this by yourself on your own. Often but not always "friends" change over time.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

After getting the phone, clear information from the phone itself often. Do not bring the phone (and most of everything else you normally carry) to the place of fun.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newalhobbyist View Post
The last time I bought a Net 10 or Trac or StraightTalk (Walmart) phone... I bought the phone with cash. I activated the phone WITHOUT registering it to a name, address or email. It asked for my name; I just declined to answer. IF an email address is absolutely required AND "I do not have email" does not work, I suggest NOT using a hobby email but a separate email used just for the phone and set up and accessed from a public/safe connection. Perhaps access with the computer's MAC address changed, or from a walkup public access computer, or from a public WiFi known not to track MAC adddresses, using TOR with scripts disabled, etc. And when you activate the hobby phone, remember to use a phone NOT traceable to you. A pay phone is a good option if you can find a working one. Harder still is finding one NOT watched by a camera. To be frank, be very careful with any kind of registration, any payment other than cash, etc... It does seem to me that you need to be a bit more careful. But that is just me. PS: Dont do this as a group. Each of you should do this by yourself on your own. Often but not always "friends" change over time.
Thanks for the information! By "we" I'm meaning my wife and myself (we've been looking for couples providers), so no one other than us will be using the phone.

Good information on the registration stuff - thank you!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Charlie Angel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Here's how my last one went...buy a $10 tracfone and $20 airtime card at walmart for cash. Walk outside...then come back in and complain to CS that the payphone outside took my money and didn't work, and they let me call up and activate the cell on their phone LOL. Just make up some BS for any questions about name, other numbers, etc. during activation. Cash for airtime cards from here on out.
Charlie Angel is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Use a t- Mobile and buy 1000 minutes for $ cash. Never use it to call anyone W your regular phone and vice-versa. Also recommend you have it passcode locked and only activate it when using it.
You can add minutes by going to a gas station that sells t-mobile minutes and add them thru the phone. Buy a little iPad case bag that you can store the charger and phone in.
Never leave it lying around anywhere, if found, deny its yours.
Rough it up a bit, scratch (distress it) so you can say you found it.
Never put other names of friends w it. Never put names just maybe codes. Always delete the Txts you write w it. Never use it for any other illegal activities. And if necessary, smash it to bits and dispose of piece by piece in different locations.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

What's the point, people don't go through all of this to protect from LE, most people do it to protect from spouses and girlfriends knowing what they are doing, since your wife is doing this with you, why bother, you see a provider they are going to screen you anyway so they'll have some personal info on you anyway.
Don't waste your time doing all the cloak and dagger stuff, if LE busts you, they already have your phone cause it's on you. don't think they'll need it to charge you.
dreamvacationdates is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates View Post
What's the point, people don't go through all of this to protect from LE, most people do it to protect from spouses and girlfriends knowing what they are doing, since your wife is doing this with you, why bother, you see a provider they are going to screen you anyway so they'll have some personal info on you anyway.
Don't waste your time doing all the cloak and dagger stuff, if LE busts you, they already have your phone cause it's on you. don't think they'll need it to charge you.
Thanks! Wouldn't the advice from the other guys help in case a provider got busted and LE got a hold of the number to our hobby phone through them? I believe that's mainly what the above precautions are to protect from?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Duh! Anyone can look up your cell records and know who you call, burn phones just add an extra layer. If your SO does catch you, all they will have are your regular phone records. If a provider is caught and her phone examined, your number doesn't show either.
A friend of mine had an affair with his HS sweetheart and used his CC for the hotel room. Leaving a paper trail is always a bad idea. BTW, on the t phone, you can also use an out of town zip code to further distance yourself. So, what's better, losing a $100 phone or thousands in attorney fees?
Same reason why you don't want to use a credit card at a strip club or the Nevada Chicken Ranch. Oh sure it's legal, but the missus will still mind you naughty boy.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme10 View Post
Duh! Anyone can look up your cell records and know who you call, burn phones just add an extra layer. If your SO does catch you, all they will have are your regular phone records. If a provider is caught and her phone examined, your number doesn't show either.
A friend of mine had an affair with his HS sweetheart and used his CC for the hotel room. Leaving a paper trail is always a bad idea. BTW, on the t phone, you can also use an out of town zip code to further distance yourself. So, what's better, losing a $100 phone or thousands in attorney fees?
Same reason why you don't want to use a credit card at a strip club or the Nevada Chicken Ranch. Oh sure it's legal, but the missus will still mind you naughty boy.
Hah yes, but our particular case, the Missus is involved in the fun so we're mainly looking to protect ourselves from unscrupulous providers and LE
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Thanks! Wouldn't the advice from the other guys help in case a provider got busted and LE got a hold of the number to our hobby phone through them? I believe that's mainly what the above precautions are to protect from?
They're most likely not going to run down the numbers in her phone trying to find clients, you better be more worried about the real info she got about you when she was screening you.
like I said the primary reason people do all of the cloak and dagger phone stuff doesn't apply to you at all.
dreamvacationdates is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
Liliana Vess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates View Post
you better be more worried about the real info she got about you when she was screening you.
That is an excellent point. I think that if you get in a situation like that you are screwed either way regardless of phone shenanigans. My concern was more just privacy.

Plus I don't want to have to buy another phone.
Liliana Vess is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
jframe2
Valued Poster

Join a swingers site or local club.
jframe2 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women