Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162649
Yssup Rider60404
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48452
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41651
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
DeeFL
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 128588
Default Need Advice ASAP Date this tonight!

I do things a bit different than most I guess being we have an actual “date”. Meaning we must have dinner, drinks, appetizers, something! etc ……. I have been doing this on and off for quite some time with ZERO issue. I always check them out to the best of my ability that is. ( That being said now I know there are more things that I could /should be doing). I have a gentleman I am meeting for dinner TONIGHT in a public restaurant of his choosing near his home. But my concern is and again after reading this board all day…….sigh, he also lives a few blocks from the police station! So either I am being paranoid (as I said, I have learned a lot) from reading this site or is this red flag?

We spoke on the phone last night and he seemed very quiet and asked me very few questions. I asked him what he did for a living and he was a bit vague. Owed a lot of businesses, I goggled his number and did find that it lead me to about 10 different things he has for sale, real-estate properties etc… all of the add’s did indicate that he does indeed live in the same area of where we are to meet tonight.

What do you think?
DeeFL is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Just change the restaurant, tell him your really in the mood for "Chinese" etc, and see how he reacts.
Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
40F Cougar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 38915
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeFL View Post
I do things a bit different than most I guess being we have an actual “date”. Meaning we must have dinner, drinks, appetizers, something! etc ……. I have been doing this on and off for quite some time with ZERO issue. I always check them out to the best of my ability that is. ( That being said now I know there are more things that I could /should be doing). I have a gentleman I am meeting for dinner TONIGHT in a public restaurant of his choosing near his home. But my concern is and again after reading this board all day…….sigh, he also lives a few blocks from the police station! So either I am being paranoid (as I said, I have learned a lot) from reading this site or is this red flag?

We spoke on the phone last night and he seemed very quiet and asked me very few questions. I asked him what he did for a living and he was a bit vague. Owed a lot of businesses, I goggled his number and did find that it lead me to about 10 different things he has for sale, real-estate properties etc… all of the add’s did indicate that he does indeed live in the same area of where we are to meet tonight.

What do you think?

Hmm I wouldn't think LE would go through the trouble of putting fake for sale ads up, but you never know?
You can also check out the number on www.verifyhim.com they will give you some free credits. I paid for a quarter of www.spokeo.com. I prefer verifyhim I am thinking of paying for a year with them.
40F Cougar is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
anita
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 41999
My ECCIE Reviews

It has to be safer to live near the police station. Ijs. But I suggest at this point that you follow your instinct.
anita is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

As a hobbyist...better safe than sorry. Cancel. If he's still interested, he'll be back. And by that time, you will have been better able to research him. 2 hrs ain't much time. ijs
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Lovelyelle_01
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 93197
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet N Little View Post
Just change the restaurant, tell him your really in the mood for "Chinese" etc, and see how he reacts.
My thoughts exactly, SNL.
I understand your reasons for having second thoughts. I can assure you that the horror stories you read on the boards are not an accurate depiction of this world if you conduct yourself in a safe, smart, and professional manner. From your OP, it seems as if you may have been pretty confident in the way you've worked and kept yourself safe before you started browsing the forums. Ask yourself, are you having second thoughts because your intuition is truly reading a potentially bad situation? Or, is this feeling stemming from a warped perception you've gained by looking through someone else's eyes when reading THEIR particular story? If it's the first, then it isn't even worth chancing. No amount of $$ is worth rising your freedom. However, if you think you really are just being a little paranoid, I agree that changing the location may give you a little peace of mind. Besides, if you get there and that feeling won't subside, FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS, you still have a chance to get out of the situation (after you've had a full dinner and cocktails, of course ). There is absolutely nothing illegal about having dinner with someone.
Lovelyelle_01 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Lovelyelle_01
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 93197
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
As a hobbyist...better safe than sorry. Cancel. If he's still interested, he'll be back. And by that time, you will have been better able to research him. 2 hrs ain't much time. ijs
No, 2 hours isn't much time, for SOME, maybe. But, for OTHERS, it's actually more than enough if you're given the proper information and know what to do with it.
Lovelyelle_01 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Hummmmm Free dinner? When did that become illegal? Go have fun. You might make a new friend!
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
whitechocolate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 92

In my opinion, you are being way overly paranoid. Most LE dont live close to the station. If he were LE, where you eat or he lives will make no difference anyway. I agree, go enjoy yourself
whitechocolate is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
DeeFL
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 128588

Thanks everyone for the input. At this point I have not yet decided if I will go or not. I do think for the most part I am beig paronoid from readin the boards here as one sugessted. I will tune in tomorrow and let ya'll know what occured with way. Thanks so very much again and I look forward to learning more form everyone here )
DeeFL is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyelle_01 View Post
No, 2 hours isn't much time, for SOME, maybe. But, for OTHERS, it's actually more than enough if you're given the proper information and know what to do with it.
In my experience, ladies don't get back to me for days. I just figured 2 hours was nearly impossible.

Of course, my experiences are very few and very far between. I grow old waiting on call backs.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
whitechocolate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 92

I wouldnt worry even he was taking you to the Police Officers Grill inside the station. You would probably leave with a few more new clients
whitechocolate is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

if he wears a nice suit, his tie doesnt clash with his shirt/suit, and his shoes are polished to a brilliant shine, he isnt a cop.

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #14
ForbiddenFriend1
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31517

I'm with Still Looking....there is nothing illegal about meeting someone for dinner. I too have made it mandatory to meet for dinner and/or drinks before hand. Not only is it a great way to break the ice and feel more comfortable with a person it also allows both parties to make sure they want to spend BCD time together.....As for LE...they usually won't waste their time having dinner and going thru the niceties.
Good Luck and let us know how it turns out...hope you meet a wonderful man who becomes a regular for you.
xoxoxo
ForbiddenFriend1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #15
B.Wayne
BANNED

Encounters: 18

I agree with LY. you could just be letting the boards get to you and being a little paranoid, and looking for things that are not there. I've been there. To a lesser woman it could have cost me a friendship, but she is awsome and very patient, empathetic, kind, sweet, and genuine and didn't hold anything against me many others would have told me to take a hike long ago. For that I trust her and do not doubt her and I always appricate her. So go have dinner, like most have already said, its not illegal to have dinner.
B.Wayne is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women