Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 09-10-2022, 05:14 AM   #1
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Not the Party of Our Fathers

In 1972, I turned 21 and became eligible to vote for the first time in Michigan. The available field was the Republican, Richard Nixon on the one hand and a choice of senators Hubert Humphry or George McGovern for the Democrats (in the primary). I wanted to vote Democrat. Both candidates seemed to be compassionate, and people oriented. President Nixon was this semi ogre who had already been in office for four years and still hadn't defeated the communists in Viet Nam or withdrawn.

During the primary season, it became obvious to me that both Democrats were buffoons, particularly Humphry, and on election day, I voted for Nixon.

It is interesting to me that much of the today's national discussion generally, and in many threads here, del with President Trump alone, somewhat like in 1972 with Nixon. . . .and today, Trump is a valid topic for discussion.

Yet, that focus ignore the real issues we all face today, every day, such as crime and adverse economics. There are many other issues besides those two, and President Trump is in my view. a side issue now.

The Democratic Party has ceased to be the party of our fathers. It has ceased to be the party of many contemporary liberals such as Bill Mahar. It is no longer the party of presidents Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson Carter or even Clinton.

The Democrats of today have become the party of anarchy, chaos and the dissolution of society.

With all that said:

We should be talking less about either President Trump or President Biden. We should be talking about the issues that threaten to change our Nation forever and for the worse.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 06:44 AM   #2
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Isn’t this your 3rd thread with the same whine. How about you focus on the Republican Party. What difference does it make who or what the Dems are since you’re voting R anyway. Or does it do your heart good to complain incessantly about nothing of relevance?

All that said: Republicans are the party of Trump, insurrection and election lied; hence, preservation of the republic is the only subject that really matters for discussion.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #3
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Ya know... Odd thing is that I'm gonna side-with
1blackman1 here somewhat.

And why? ... Because he don't wanna hear a Republican voter
tell him what the Dems need to do ---

--- any more than I wanna hear liberals tell me what
Republicans need to do.

All that said: The Dems are the party of high crime
and "defund the police"... Higher taxes and misery for all.

And sadly NOT the party of yer fathers.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
theotherguy1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

I have actually voted both parties in the past. I hate a lot of things about Biden and the Dems, but the Republican party worries me. You speak about defund the police; well, the GOP are saying defund the FBI. There are numerous actions that Trump did in office that I agreed with whole Heartly, but he is a scary guy. The GOP is no longer a party it turned in to a religion under Trump. Before he was elected, I told a friend of mines that he would not want to leave office and that he really wanted to be the King of America and not the President.
theotherguy1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:58 PM   #5
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Actually, mate - the Republicans are NOT saying "defund the FBI"
- they are saying "change the FBI" so it's no longer politically
biased and used as a weapon. ... "Your fathers" wouldn't have
wanted the FBI used as a weapon against political foes.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:04 AM   #6
69in2it69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

#### Salty

You sure about that?

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/15...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
69in2it69 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:45 AM   #7
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Paul Gosar said it as well.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:52 AM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69in2it69 View Post
Lol....that should shut Salty up for a while but it probably won't.

MTG is basically an extension of Trump and the hard-core MAGA crowd. She tweets Defund the FBI and the Trump apologists will now try and explain how that is different from BLM.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:23 AM   #9
theotherguy1
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

#### Salty
Well that not what they said. The actual word they have used is "Defund the FBI". The FBI was used as a politically biased weapon during the 2016 election, so what is the different?
Old 09-12-2022, 06:53 PM   #10
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Neither party is the what it was when it was founded. The Democratic party has indeed changed throughout tow plus centuries when it started out as the Democrat-Republican party at the beginning of the 19th century and then evolved into the very conservative Dixiecrats following the Civil War. At the same time the GOP of today has absolutely no resemblance to the party of Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, or even Eisenhower and Reagan.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 08:11 PM   #11
theotherguy1
Valued Poster

What I love to see is every Congressman GOP and Democratic replaced then it would shake them up to do the right thing out of fear.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:29 PM   #12
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
Neither party is the what it was when it was founded. The Democratic party has indeed changed throughout tow plus centuries when it started out as the Democrat-Republican party at the beginning of the 19th century and then evolved into the very conservative Dixiecrats following the Civil War. At the same time the GOP of today has absolutely no resemblance to the party of Lincoln, T. Roosevelt, or even Eisenhower and Reagan.
Conservative Dixiecrats??

More like KKK loving racist.

That morphed into LBJ’s “Great Society” where their “solution” to the “black problem” was to herd them all into government housing, destroy their family structure, and demand their vote for handouts.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:39 PM   #13
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Yes Conservative Dixiecrats yes aka conservative Democrats. Dixiecrat is what the Southern Democrats were known as prior to moving to the Republican party. If you care to refer back in history, you will find that the Democratic party (aka the Copperheads) were in fact the conservative party.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:01 PM   #14
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Isn’t this your 3rd thread with the same whine. How about you focus on the Republican Party. What difference does it make who or what the Dems are since you’re voting R anyway. Or does it do your heart good to complain incessantly about nothing of relevance?

All that said: Republicans are the party of Trump, insurrection and election lied; hence, preservation of the republic is the only subject that really matters for discussion.
I focus on the attributes of the Democratic Party of the current decade by talking about the Democratic party of our fathers because I am trying to convince democrats to reconsider the policies they support and the candidates they may vote for.

Many prominent Democrats of the 20th Century could not support the progressive agenda of today.

Sure, lets discuss high taxes, inflation, illegal immigration, the Catch-and-release crime wave and so on. But lets leave out the personal failings of the politicians. Lets makie it a discussion of policy not personalities.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:05 PM   #15
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

You’re not voting democrat so why keep whining about their ideas. You’re gonna vote republican so you should spend your time and effort complaining about how badly the nuRepublican party has failed at being the party of big ideas. Ultimately, why would any democrat give a half a shit what you think they should be pursuing policy wise? Why would any democrat want to be “your view” of what policies and ideas they are pursuing?

I think those answers are obvious.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women