Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162688
Yssup Rider60417
gman4453229
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41747
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36095
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-12-2022, 06:29 AM   #1
Two Under
Gaining Momentum

Default Smokin

This city has abundant BBQ experts, I'm assuming many of you do some of your own at home and are quite good at it.

What are the top brand's of wood pellet smoker; which have you had your best success with?

I bought a Traeger, used it twice, both times it would not maintain the temperature I had it set on. Set it at 185; the temperature ranged from 160-300.

I returned it and still looking?
Two Under is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:58 AM   #2
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

If you're disappointed with Trager, I doubt any of the new things can do what you wish. But I'd be interested in what others think also.

For myself I resurrected an old cast iron last month.
Even with that, feeding the wood (or pellets or charcoal) slowly and timely is the key.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:15 AM   #3
Two Under
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
If you're disappointed with Trager, I doubt any of the new things can do what you wish. But I'd be interested in what others think also.

For myself I resurrected an old cast iron last month.
Even with that, feeding the wood (or pellets or charcoal) slowly and timely is the key.
Maintaining a constant temperature on a $600+ smoker doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:34 AM   #4
JohnnyGleet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/

I would suggest joining this forum and reading up on the different types of equipment and then, once you have some familiarity with the different options, ask on there for input.

I had originally planned on a propane or electric but, after some time on SMF, decided to go with a Weber Smokey Mountain.

Every style has it's pros and cons.
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:43 PM   #5
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Under View Post
Maintaining a constant temperature on a $600+ smoker doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation.
Agree.
Sometimes reality is a bit short of the sales pitch.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:53 PM   #6
nycalcharlie2003
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

Try Cookshack. A bit pricey, but they are great!
nycalcharlie2003 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 01:38 PM   #7
grandotuono
Lifetime Premium Access

You will never get good smoke from a pellet smoker. If you want that you need something better. Look at American BBQ Systems The are a bit more than pellet smoker, but they are made locally, in Olathe, and they are an awesome company. I bought one and the president of the company personally delivered it to me. I can fill it with charcoal and wood chunks. Set the dampers and it will burn for 8-10 hours @250 F with very little adjustments. Just my $0.02 worth. They do have a wood pellet option, but I haven't heard anything about it. If you want a quality smoker be prepared to spend over $1000 for it, probably more now.
grandotuono is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #8
KCFun632
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Big Green Egg. It took a few runs before I figured out how to dial it in. But once you figure it out, it does a great job. I've had mine for about 12 years now. It's built like a beast.
KCFun632 is online now   Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:22 AM   #9
hounddog
The Nose Knows

Encounters: 11

I've got a home made on from some Cuban friends. They call it a pig box as you can do a small pig in it. Works like a charm every time. Getting ready to fire it up Sunday morning for the Easter pig roast.
hounddog is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:08 AM   #10
JohnnyGleet
Valued Poster

I got my Weber Smokey Mountain for under $300 on sale a few years ago. A bit of a learning curve but I'm happy with it.
I've got a Little Chief electric that I mainly use for nuts and cheese.
As is already apparent you're going to get as many different answers as you get respondents.
Go to the link I shared and do some research to see what fits your style.

As with other subjects on this board , spending more doesn't always mean getting more.
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #11
Two Under
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet View Post
I got my Weber Smokey Mountain for under $300 on sale a few years ago. A bit of a learning curve but I'm happy with it.
I've got a Little Chief electric that I mainly use for nuts and cheese.
As is already apparent you're going to get as many different answers as you get respondents.
Go to the link I shared and do some research to see what fits your style.

As with other subjects on this board , spending more doesn't always mean getting more.
Thx Johnny; appreciate the link.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:07 AM   #12
Bingocardlover
Premium Access

Encounters: 19

SMF as johnnyg said is a great resource. I have a yoder pellet smoker. You are going to get temp jumps just due to the nature of the beast. I supplement my smoke flavor with an amazin tube. The brand of pellets has a big effect on the taste. I prefer lumberjack.You arent going to match the flavor of a stick burner with pellets. Sacrifice some flavor for convenience. I also have a lang stick burner that is hard to beat. Figure out your budget and go from there and do the research.
Bingocardlover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women