Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160699
Yssup Rider60029
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35443
Mojojo33117

Old 06-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default Was I Watching a Script for Saturday Night Live??

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/polit...den/index.html

WTF?

Floyd is looking down on us, he is HAPPY?

the Man was suffocated to death by the system, but he is looking down, pleased that the unemployment rate dropped? Jesus, are you kidding me?

by the way, of course the rate would drop.. 6 weeks of massive job cutting from Mid-March, through April? and a huge Government incentive to keep workers, paying them 100% wages, to simply stay on the payroll? damn near everyone who gained employment was in the restaurant/leisure sector.

I guess Floyd should be "happy" compared to John Dingell, for whom Trump wasn't sure if Dingell was looking down.. or up.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Yeah, that’s nutty. It’s hard to understand how Lord Trump’s mind works.

On a separate note it was interesting to read in the article that 49.6% of blacks are employed right now. I heard the same thing on television and misinterpreted that to mean about half of blacks are unemployed and thought times are very hard. Actually only 51.3% of all Americans of working age are now employed. If we weren’t in a recession it might be 63%. It’s CNN’s way of making something sound worse than it really is.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Actually only 51.3% of all Americans of working age are now employed. If we weren’t in a recession it might be 63%. It’s CNN’s way of making something sound worse than it really is.
I watched this morning, and yeah, what caught my ear, AFTER I saw the numbers, was the harping about black unemployment.. when I saw the numbers, I thought "wow, black employment is not far behind white".. I would have expected a bigger gap. yet the news people acted like there was a 20 point gap, with their rhetoric.

side note.. remember when Obama was creating more jobs that Trump ever has, each month the Drudge Report would headline "53% of Americans not working", or whatever figure, after each new jobs report showed 200,000+ jobs were added. they would NEVER mention the jobs numbers.. they had to spin it to look as bad as possible.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #4
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I watched this morning, and yeah, what caught my ear, AFTER I saw the numbers, was the harping about black unemployment.. when I saw the numbers, I thought "wow, black employment is not far behind white".. I would have expected a bigger gap. yet the news people acted like there was a 20 point gap, with their rhetoric.

side note.. remember when Obama was creating more jobs that Trump ever has, each month the Drudge Report would headline "53% of Americans not working", or whatever figure, after each new jobs report showed 200,000+ jobs were added. they would NEVER mention the jobs numbers.. they had to spin it to look as bad as possible.
Yep, Both sides do that. If you get all your news from MSNBC or Fox you’re going to have a skewed view of the world.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

LOL - Normally an SNL skit is a comedic and melodramatic recreation that is way over the top. A comedic caricature of some event.
But I don't think they could touch this one based purely on it's sensitivity and utter lack of class and empathy.
Keep going Trump, you're doing great.
Just keep free-wheeling off the cuff.
Apparently, the man has no speech writers at all. I guess he fired them already a dozen times.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #6
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

snl-- reverse racism at its best! Unpatriotic non sense!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #7
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/polit...den/index.html

WTF?

Floyd is looking down on us, he is HAPPY?

the Man was suffocated to death by the system, but he is looking down, pleased that the unemployment rate dropped? Jesus, are you kidding me?

by the way, of course the rate would drop.. 6 weeks of massive job cutting from Mid-March, through April? and a huge Government incentive to keep workers, paying them 100% wages, to simply stay on the payroll? damn near everyone who gained employment was in the restaurant/leisure sector.

I guess Floyd should be "happy" compared to John Dingell, for whom Trump wasn't sure if Dingell was looking down.. or up.

wrong as usual. but that's what ya get for going for the CNN click-bait and use it to start a thread that makes a fake claim against Lord Trump.

Prominent Reporters Falsely Accuse Trump of Suggesting George Floyd Would Be Happy about Jobs Numbers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mainstrea...181407447.html

A number of prominent political reporters misrepresented comments President Trump made about George Floyd during his Friday press statement, falsely claiming that the president suggested Floyd would be happy with the May job numbers that had been released hours earlier.

Trump spoke at length about the release of May’s unexpectedly positive job numbers, which showed 2.5 million jobs added and a dip in the unemployment rate, calling it “probably . . . the greatest comeback in American history.” He then pivoted to a discussion of the importance of equality in policing, and it was in this context that he mentioned Floyd, an African American man whose death at the hands of Minneapolis police last week set off a wave of riots across the country.

“Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender or creed. They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement,” Trump said. “We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, ‘this is a great thing that’s happening for our country.’ This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody, this is a great, great day in terms of equality.”

While some reporters quoted Trump’s comments verbatim, others immediately cast Trump’s reference to Floyd as part of his celebration of the positive economic outlook, rather than as a suggestion that Floyd would be pleased with the country’s focus on progress toward a more equitable law enforcement environment.

During his press conference on the jobs numbers, Trump says, "Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying there’s a great thing happening for our country. It’s a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody."
— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) June 5, 2020
Trump says he hopes George Floyd is "looking down" and seeing today's jobs numbers as "a great day for him" pic.twitter.com/CnNfYeYpOW
— David Pakman (@dpakman) June 5, 2020
Trump invokes #GeorgeFlyod while touting job numbers: “Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, ‘This is a great thing that’s happening for our country.’ This is a great day for him … this is a great great day in terms of equality.”
— Will Steakin (@wsteaks) June 5, 2020
Trump imagining George Floyd’s reaction to the jobs numbers: “Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody.” pic.twitter.com/YLBSkk9Wk7
— Adam Cancryn (@adamcancryn) June 5, 2020
The conflation led to a false headline in ABC News — “Trump calls improved jobs numbers ‘great day’ for George Floyd” — and other outlets.
While heralding Friday's strong jobs data, Trump said “it’s a great day for" George Floyd, the black man whose death in police custody has sparked massive protests https://t.co/Ai88IXQfjs
— Bloomberg (@business) June 5, 2020
Trump suggests George Floyd is 'looking down' from heaven and appreciating the US' strong May jobs report: 'It's a great day for him' https://t.co/NeN9HX0dfG
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) June 5, 2020
President Trump said at a news conference about improved job numbers that he hoped George Floyd was "looking down right now and saying, 'This is a great thing that's happening for our country.'" https://t.co/640ZsaGAyr pic.twitter.com/lsfgUpILwG
— CBS News (@CBSNews) June 5, 2020
Peter Baker of the New York Times originally tweeted, “Trump suggests that George Floyd would be happy about the jobs numbers,” but later deleted the tweet. Politico’s Gabby Orr also tweeted that Trump said “Floyd is marveling at today’s jobs numbers from Heaven,” but appears to have deleted the comment.

Trump also touched on a variety of other topics during the Friday address, including his administration’s response to coronavirus and the use of the National Guard to keep the peace amid ongoing protests over Floyd’s death. “Don’t be proud. Get the job done. You’ll end up looking much better in the end. Call in the National Guard. Call me. We’ll have so many people,” he said, apparently addressing the nation’s governors.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:56 PM   #8
Chung Tran
BANNED

spin it your way, but I didn't use CNN, I just linked. I watched Trump "live" as he spoke, and my interpretation stands.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:53 PM   #9
oeb11
Valued Poster

Denial and deflection - 9500 is an expert at it.
as is the LSM - when and if they even acknowledge their deliberate Lies.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #10
Redhot1960
Valued Poster

Quote:
spin it your way, but I didn't use CNN, I just linked. I watched Trump "live" as he spoke, and my interpretation stands.
Redhot1960 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #11
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:

i'm spinning the truth. what are you spinning?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:15 PM   #12
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
what are you spinning?
my wheels, whenever I attempt to impart wisdom in your direction.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #13
oeb11
Valued Poster

XiNN is not "wisdom" - Sun Tse, Confucious, Buddha, i think of as wisdom.

"If you sharpen an iron rod, in the end you get a needle; patience comes with everything."

Seriously - enlighten us on Vietnamese philosophers.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:37 PM   #14
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Bill O'Reilly would have a field day with you! The no spin zone
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #15
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quoting XiNN - the ultimate in no credibility.
oeb11 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women