Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160872
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452979
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47682
pyramider46370
bambino40411
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35604
Mojojo33117

Old 05-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Toyz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35
Default Any Jag owners here?

I am considering a new car. Love the one I drive, but have had it for 5 years. I'm doing all the studying, research, etc I can find but the BEST information comes from those that experience it.

I am considering a Jaguar in my list. Probably in the 2007-2010 range (the 07 took a drastic leap forward in quality/performance with the all aluminum body).

The depreciation off the lot on a new Jag is laughable...and I don't want to drop that much on a car anyway.

I would PREFER an XKR, but the effect the supercharger has on long term engine life concerns me. Is it a valid concern?
Otherwise, I would opt for the tamer XK version.

These are the ONLY two versions I am considering. I drive a BMW right now, so I know this is not going to be a Honda as far as dependability...if I was that worried I would buy a...well...a Honda. I just don't want something that is constantly in the shop or I am worried it might break down at any time on a road trip.

If anyone has thoughts or experiences with these models, I would appreciate you weighing in on this.
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
lovelamp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

A little off topic but I just got a new car and was looking at some of the same class of cars. Jags come with a 4 yr 50k warranty which is pretty standard for most in this class, if you are looking at 07-10 models I would be a bit wary.

I got an SRT8 Grand Cherokee a while back that was just out of warranty and got royally screwed! After that a warranty has been my deciding factor for numerous reasons. Still have the SRT8, its my daily driver beater haha but picked up a 2012 Maserati Gran Tourismo very recently with an extended warranty and am as happy as a pig in shit that I am good until 2018, more than likely I will dump it off in 2016-7 for something else.

Nothing sucks more than blowing an engine 2 weeks after purchase and looking at a huge repair bill right after buying a new toy.
lovelamp is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelamp View Post
A little off topic but I just got a new car and was looking at some of the same class of cars. Jags come with a 4 yr 50k warranty which is pretty standard for most in this class, if you are looking at 07-10 models I would be a bit wary.

I got an SRT8 Grand Cherokee a while back that was just out of warranty and got royally screwed! After that a warranty has been my deciding factor for numerous reasons. Still have the SRT8, its my daily driver beater haha but picked up a 2012 Maserati Gran Tourismo very recently with an extended warranty and am as happy as a pig in shit that I am good until 2018, more than likely I will dump it off in 2016-7 for something else.

Nothing sucks more than blowing an engine 2 weeks after purchase and looking at a huge repair bill right after buying a new toy.
Absolutely agree...anything I buy will have an extended warranty on it ESPECIALLY if I go the Jaguar route. I had a condenser go out in my BMW & it would have been 4200...but with the warranty, it was fity bucks... Congrats on the Maserati, that is one beautiful car!
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

I bought the XJ8 four years ago and couldn't be happier. When I could only afford older Jags I used to use the "Old English" shop off 6th but that guy was a rascal. Since 2004 the Jags have all had 100% aluminium bodies and frames and you can feel the difference in performance and handling. The XJ sits higher than the newer BMWs, which have gone for lower center of gravity and oversized radiator cowlings which I don't like. The oversized features are too aggressive and lack the elegance cars in this class have always had. The smoother, sleeker styling of the Jags is all the better now that Mercz and BMWs have gone off the deep end with their designs, which to me look like their seeking to appeal more to rappers on MTV's "Cribs" than to their button-down usual clients who seek performance and reliability.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
I bought the XJ8 four years ago and couldn't be happier. When I could only afford older Jags I used to use the "Old English" shop off 6th but that guy was a rascal. Since 2004 the Jags have all had 100% aluminium bodies and frames and you can feel the difference in performance and handling. The XJ sits higher than the newer BMWs, which have gone for lower center of gravity and oversized radiator cowlings which I don't like. The oversized features are too aggressive and lack the elegance cars in this class have always had. The smoother, sleeker styling of the Jags is all the better now that Mercz and BMWs have gone off the deep end with their designs, which to me look like their seeking to appeal more to rappers on MTV's "Cribs" than to their button-down usual clients who seek performance and reliability.
Exactly...recent returns on Jags are that they are much more dependable, and they have always had a timeless styling.

I've driven several of the new BMW's and they are just not the same. I absolutely love mine & will probably keep it around at least for awhile. The road feel is so unique.

Fully agree about the Benz. I loved the SLK when they still imitated the McLaren, but the new badging just makes them fugly IMO. And if you are paying a premium, you shouldn't be stuck with a fugly vehicle.

Jags are actually getting better looking. The new versions are so much like an Aston Martin I wonder if you took off the badging could you even tell the difference?

At any rate, the shopping continues as I'm not in a time crunch to decide and am enjoying the process quite a bit.
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
lovelamp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

The new Ftype is sick, considered those?
lovelamp is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelamp View Post
The new Ftype is sick, considered those?
Beautiful car....but probably a bit out of my price range. I need my CBC hobby budget too.
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
onei
Account Disabled

Encounters: 53

I "had" an '02 XK8 - absolutely the worst car I ever owned. I loved the style and ride, but I replaced the motor once, transmission once and when I finally dumped it, the second motor had blown. The '02 engines were not good at all, had something to do with the pistons being lined with something and our oil with its detergents would break it down. I replaced it with an '04 engine but evidently it was a bad one as well. Basically I bought that car twice in less then two years.

On the flip side, I know a great mechanic that is more than fair. He has his own shop and is a certified Jag mechanic. He literally saved me thousands of $$$ over what the stealer would have charged me.
onei is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
Speedy Gonzales
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

I would love to buy jaguar for myself. If I have jaguar, I will not park it in the cheap motel area for any incall unless it is incall at a luxury hotel with valet.
Speedy Gonzales is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by onei View Post
I "had" an '02 XK8 - absolutely the worst car I ever owned. I loved the style and ride, but I replaced the motor once, transmission once and when I finally dumped it, the second motor had blown. The '02 engines were not good at all, had something to do with the pistons being lined with something and our oil with its detergents would break it down. I replaced it with an '04 engine but evidently it was a bad one as well. Basically I bought that car twice in less then two years.

On the flip side, I know a great mechanic that is more than fair. He has his own shop and is a certified Jag mechanic. He literally saved me thousands of $$$ over what the stealer would have charged me.
I absolutely am taking that into account. From all that I have read the 07 and forward models have changed drastically in dependability. And anything I buy will have a bumper to bumper extended warranty. Saved my ass on the Bimmer a couple of times...
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
johnnytx39
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Toyz, please check your pms for my observations.
johnnytx39 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women