Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60024
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #16
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
I would find it very wrong if my technicians were paying a higher tax bracket than me-I have no problems paying taxes and I expect to pay more taxes than someone making considerable less.
If you check I think you will find that you do pay more in taxes than those earning less than you. When I was in your income bracket I know that my taxes were significantly higher than those making half of what I earned.

As for loopholes you will find that your liberal buddies create them just as often as anyone else to pander to their donors.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #17
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGentleman35 View Post
What about cain's 999 plan? Will it work?
Most seasoned economists say "No". Says several well-known and respected economists helped him devise the plan but last night Lawrence O'Donnell asked him to reveal them and Cain refused naming only one of what he says is his "panel of economic advisors" saying they wanted to remain anonymous.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #18
CountryGentleman35
Living a dream

Encounters: 17

Everyone should pay the same percentage. 20 percent of 50 k pays 10k. 100k pays 20k. Everyone pays. Politicians get the same benefits as the military. If it's good enough for those that protect us it's good enough for them. Make our trade agreements fair with other countries. Charge other countries if they need our military might including the UN if they want our assistance. Stop giving ANY foriegn aid until we are debt free and have a balanced budget and never give a dime to any country that votes against us in the UN. They want to vote against us then they don't need our help. We have not truly won a conflict since WWII. Pass a law that says if we declare war we allow our military to do their job and get out. We are not the worlds police force.
CountryGentleman35 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #19
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I am sure that think tank's on the left and right have evaluated Cain's plan.

Personally, I don't think any corporation should pay taxes. it would eliminate a lot of compliance burden and allow reinvestment to create more jobs with some limitations. If the income was paid in dividends, exempt the first $500 and then tax like ordinary income. The 9% flat less charitable deductions probably is not enough for upper incomes and there probably needs to be a floor for lower incomes. so 0% for incomes of $30K or less, tax each individual. The 9% sales tax might be too high. By their nature, sales taxes regressive (more burden on lower incomes).
its not a bad plan, look at moveon.org or heritage foundation to see what opposite side have to say
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Reagan's plan was simple, lower tax rates and broaden the tax base by eliminating loopholes. Not true! I remember the interest only land deals that sunk the S&L's and the multiple year write-offs on equipment purchases and leasing under Reagan. Over the years, thanks to lobbyists and corrupt politicians, the loopholes have returned without the corresponding rate increase. We have one of the highest corporate income tax rates in the world, yet General Electric pays no income taxes. Why? Loopholes. That is exactly my point on the hue and cry from both the Tea Party and the Republicans! Corporations would fire every accountant and CPA firm they employed if the 35% "Corporate Tax Rate" they whine about was EVER paid by a single one of them.
Red was added by me.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #21
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
I agree with the obvious "bastardization" of the term "millionaire". His speeches all target taxing people who EARN far more than people taxed at a greater rate.

At various times, Obama and others who see the need for a balance approach that includes both spending cuts and revenue increases have proposed taxes or surcharges on persons earning above $250K PER YEAR, above $500K PER YEAR and on persons earning above $1M PER YEAR.

Only one Republican has seen fit to acknowledge the wisdom of any of those proposals because the rest work for and have signed pledges to their corporate-paid lobbyist/boss, Grover Norquist. Rest assured that Grover will sell the interests of ordinary Americans out to the highest corporate bidder.
Here is a GREAT research project to see if Obama really is drinking his own kool-aid. in 2009, he and the mrs. earned about $5.5 million. in 2010, book sales were down and he only earned 1.73 million. So, since we all agree that he would only be "fair", whatever rate of tax he paid should be the rate of tax on all people earning over $1mil. Agreed?
Also, it is not against the law to pay more than you owe. it does happen occasionally. They paid about 25%. so there you go, set the rate at 25% and let's get on with it.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Stevie, the deduction for equipment depreciation has accelerated even faster now.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #23
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3122 View Post
I am sure that think tank's on the left and right have evaluated Cain's plan.

Personally, I don't think any corporation should pay taxes. it would eliminate a lot of compliance burden and allow reinvestment to create more jobs with some limitations. If the income was paid in dividends, exempt the first $500 and then tax like ordinary income. The 9% flat less charitable deductions probably is not enough for upper incomes and there probably needs to be a floor for lower incomes. so 0% for incomes of $30K or less, tax each individual. The 9% sales tax might be too high. By their nature, sales taxes regressive (more burden on lower incomes).
its not a bad plan, look at moveon.org or heritage foundation to see what opposite side have to say
Pretty good grasp and explanation of why we have a progressive tax system. I agree that we should have some way to keep from taxing the lower-tired earners since a flat tax takes a disproportionate amount of the income they need to put food on the table.

A person earning $30K has less "discretionary income" (if any) than a person who earns $150K.

Countrygentleman, you should look into the potential harm a flat "same percentage" tax would do to those least likely to have anything left after the rent and utilities are paid.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Stevie, the deduction for equipment depreciation has accelerated even faster now.
Yes, and it can cause harm to the natural selection process. An example was the $100K write-off in one year for vehicles used in your business in the middle of Bush's terms. It created a market for Hummers that went away with higher gas prices and the cessation of the one-year write-off provision.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I don't think any flat tax proposal taxes everyone from dollar one. I'm pretty sure there is a floor beneath which no tax would be levied, but I'm relying on memory, so I could be wrong. If there isn't there should be. Problem is, how long would a flat tax stay flat? The income tax, as I have said, is more about control than revenue, and the loopholes and sweetheart deals would start before the ink is dry from the President's signature.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If tax accounting ever resembles real world accounting, it is by accident and not by design.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #27
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
The income tax, as I have said, is more about control than revenue...
Despite my differences with the other portions of your post, THE ABOVE is straight out of a Ron Paul Conspiracy "meetup". Step back from that theory and read it again.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I didn't get that from Ron Paul. I was a tax attorney, with an advanced law degree in taxation. I was also a CPA. I stand by my statement.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
... their are millionaires who are paying little to nothing and that they need to pay their(rich) fair share.
If I have $100 million in assets/investments with $120,000 a year "fixed" income from those "assets/investments" what's my "fair share" compared to a "pharmacists" making $120,000 a year as an employee?

This past week I sat down at a table at which another player had been sitting for awhile and in a relatively short period of time, I had twice the chips he had after I "deducted" my initial "purchase" ... would it have been "fair" for him to demand a share of my chips? And more importantly, if the dealer had announced those were the "house rules" .... to share the winnings .... how many players are going to sit down at those tables and "invest" their money and time at winning?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #30
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Claiming that they are saying the same thing without recognizing the differences in the tax code is dishonest.
Oh please. It's a distinction without a difference. Nothing 30 years apart is going to be exactly the same.

Quote:
He could probably get support for changes that simplified the tax code and eliminated unnecessary deductions.
You obviously haven't been watching the news lately.

If Republicans are against raising the rate to get rich people to pay more, they're going to be against closing loopholes that force rich people to pay more. What they're against is rich people paying more. No more, no less.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women