Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60170
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35546
Mojojo33117

Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
TexasStarr
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1070
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation Help for Wildfire Victims Desperately Needed

*** Mods if this post isn't allowed here please let me know***

I am in a tramatic state here knowing I financially can't do much. I feel for these people and their loss. But if we band together maybe we can make a difference.

On the Fox News website there is info on what is needed to help these people out. I would be willing to volunteer my time in gathering as much as I possibily can to donate to the victims.

*From Fox News* The following NEW items are desperately needed for the victims of the wildfires and the firefighters fighting them: Beef jerky, Cliff bars, Monster, Red Bull, 5 hour energy drinks, granola bars, individually wrapped crackers, small coolers, baggies (sandwich and gallon size), C batteries, flash lights, sunglasses, individual packages of Advil and Tylenol, nose spray, bandanas, pillows and bedding, teddy bears or small stuffed animals for the children, new underwear (all sizes for men, women, and children), diapers, pull ups, wipes, t-shirts, hand towels, Visine, cases of water and sports drinks, Vaseline, toothbrushes/toothpaste, toiletry items (toilet paper, hand soap, maxi pads, deodorant, shampoo, disposable razors), eyeglass cleaner kits, and goggles that wrap around the head.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1XeRtGyFu

== Montgomery County United Way ==
Montgomery County United Way has set up a fund for monetary donation that will be use to help victims of these fires in Montgomery County. You can send your checks to Montgomery County United Way, P. O. Box 8965, The Woodlands, TX 77387.
Please note Fires 2011 in the memo line. To make a credit card donation, please call 888.825.6289 ext. 235 or go online to http://www.mcuw.org and click on Give Now.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1XeXYt1xI

If anyone would like to donate I would gladly come and pick up to drop off at the donation center. If you don't have time to go out and get things I am willing to do so for you. You can add to my card if you wish to do so. I will even scan the receipts and email to you so you can see what the money was spent on.

If you prefer you can click the link above to find out where the donations centers are do make the donations personally.

Being I live in the Sam Houston National Forest (Montgomery County) I feel the need to try and help out where I can. And pray that these fires don't make it to the east side of I-45.

Please contact me by phone or email if you would like to donate to the Wildfire Victims.
TexasStarr is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.
Things to think about for fire victims ....
  • - When you've lost EVERYTHING, you need everything. Start with basics such as personal hygiene products: hair brush, toothbrushes in adult and kid sizes. Shampoo in smaller containers (storage space may be a problem so go with smaller sizes immediately following a disaster.) Think about all the things in your bathroom and know that the victims have none of those essentials.

• 3 Donate clothing Donate clothing - Again be practical, donate clothing appropriate for the season. Don't unload last year's summer clothing when the victims are facing a cold winter. Think immediate need.

• 4 Donate canned food Donate non-perishable foods. - Canned goods, along with kitchen basics are very much welcome. Think ease of preparation when choosing which foods to donate. If you're not local to the area where the disaster has struck, send grocery store or restaurant gift cards. Be sure to send such items to reputable organizations so your help gets to the people who need it.

• 5 Donate money Give money - When donating money to a large organization such as the Red Cross, be sure to designate where the money should go. You can donate online with the Red Cross or other disaster relief organizations.

• 6 Donate boxes Give boxes. - Donation centers always are short of boxes to hold donated items to be given to families in need. Any that you can scrounge up are greatly appreciated.

• 7 Donate toys Consider upcoming holidays - If the holidays are just around the corner, small new toys for children would help to make the season a tiny bit brighter.

• 8 Walk through your home - Look at all the objects, practical and sentimental that make up your life. Contemplate what has been lost by fire victims; make your donation choices accordingly. You cannot bring back what they have lost, but you can aid in giving them hope and the desire to rebuild.

Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Don't be an ass and donate something you would otherwise throw away.

Lots of people donate their "junk" just to get the charitable deduction on taxes. It makes an ass out of the donor, and creates numerous problems for the agency serving the victims. For instance, if you donate broken toys, incomplete board games, used underwear, clothes that can't be worn for one reason or another, inedible food, expired food, or anything of the sort, then you've created additional problems out of your greed.

First, the articles can't be used.

Second, the agency must spend valuable time sorting through these unusable items and throwing them away.

Check www.charitynavigator.org to determine if your charity should get your monetary donation.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
TexasStarr
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1070
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you both.. You make very good points in what is desperately need for these victims. We never know when we may be the one in need. Imagine how you would feel if you were in their shoes.

And those who have donated, Thank you so much for your help to those in need.
TexasStarr is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women