Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider60002
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35425
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #241
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Okay Doofus.
Don't make me have to ask for a ban-free pass, PJ!
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #242
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Don't make me have to ask for a ban-free pass, PJ!
Actually that is funny.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #243
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
How is that hilarious?
Hilarious that you would accuse someone of post stalking.
Say what you want but Doove does not "post stalk" anyone. Just sayin'.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #244
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

As I said, I went back and read several threads. Marshal would say something and Doove would use his post and respond. Stalking was a poor word to use by me. It was all healthy back and forth for the most part. I have no problem with Doove at all. I like his contributions here. Marshal has pushed the boundaries here as well. What is not good is the baiting that's been going on as of late.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #245
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

I understand. However, no one should be accusing anyone of being a sociopath or murderer. Let's be adults here.

Quote:
Stalking was a poor word to use by me.
I am glad you realized that.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #246
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
Say what you want but Doove does not "post stalk" anyone. Just sayin'.
Well, i wouldn't go that far, Naomi. Though i would add that given my options, if i did decide to stalk someone, it wouldn't be Marshall - that's for damn sure!

By the way, am i the only one who's detected a bit of a thread drift?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #247
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
No ban free passes handed out. As I'm sure you know.
I ask you to work things out or try the ignore function. If things progress to rudeness or worse no warnings will be given out as D & T is on it's way back to the friendly and safe community it once was. Some people may not like others but we will get along or else take it somewhere other than here.
Is this the same theory as "the beating will increase until morale improves"
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #248
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Is this the same theory as "the beating will increase until morale improves"
What? That doesn't work?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #249
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
I understand. However, no one should be accusing anyone of being a sociopath or murderer. Let's be adults here.
+1...and among other things, people really shouldn't accuse you of something you didn't do either
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #250
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I'm reminded od Bill Murray in Stripes, "Lighten up Marshal!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Don't make me have to ask for a ban-free pass!

That should be the forum's new motto
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #251
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Nothing like the market dropping big three straight days to make the US feel "broke." Nothing but doom and gloom on most of the major financial networks.

We need the Federal Govt to stop for a couple of days. The meltdown may be inevitable already.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #252
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
God I love static revenue analysis.
Certainly economic actors can and will react to changes in the economic climate, including tax law changes. However, those reactions take some time to implement, depending on the policy. It is also why I included a fundamental reform of tax policy in my original post. We need to make taxation of different categories of income more uniform so that you can't shift strategies so easily to minimize taxation.

Obviously, voting with your feet is the ultimate ticket out. And the very wealthy can do that. However, I doubt returning income tax rates to the level that they were at during the Clinton administration is going to cause a mall exodus of people from the US. And if we end preferential treatment of capital gains and qualified dividends (at least beyond a certain point), end the tax free status of muni bonds (again, at least beyond a certain point), I think you can generate more revenue. Will there be some consequences for some parties? Sure. There is no free lunch. Muni borrowing rates would go up in the last scenario. But that may not be all bad as it will decrease borrowing by those entities which I think would be good.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #253
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Just for the record, I am 100% in favor of killing the income exclusion for muni bonds. That has led to more useless crap being built.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #254
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Obviously, voting with your feet is the ultimate ticket out. And the very wealthy can do that. However, I doubt returning income tax rates to the level that they were at during the Clinton administration is going to cause a mall exodus of people from the US.
Well, it wouldn't cause a "mall exodus" (whatever that is) from the U.S. -- but it wouldn't raise much revenue, either, unless you applied 1990s tax rates to all income, not just that earned by top-bracket taxpayers. Remember, the bulk of the early '00s tax cuts went to the under-$250K/year groups, not to the more affluent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
...And if we end preferential treatment of capital gains and qualified dividends (at least beyond a certain point), end the tax free status of muni bonds (again, at least beyond a certain point), I think you can generate more revenue.
Since we've discussed all of this before, I'll just quote myself from previous D&T threads, where I explained the issue in some detail:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
I am amazed by the extent to which non-investors seem mystified by capital gains tax issues.

Since the tax is levied on realizations, not accumulated gains, investors can easily make choices that reduce their tax liability. When the rate is low (as it is now) the incentive to do so is limited. But if you were to increase the cap gains tax rate to, say, 35% (the current top rate on ordinary income) taxable realizations would dry up so fast it would make your head swim. For one thing, it would create an incentive to delay realization until the taxable gain could be partially or totally mitigated by offsetting losses in the same tax year. In the case of stocks and other financial assets, it's usually very easy to "protect" unrealized gains by means of options or other hedging strategies.

Another way investors can dodge the bullets is by simply borrowing against appreciated assets instead of selling them.

Scroll down and take a look at the chart posted on this site:

http://adamsmith.org/files/capital-gains-tax.pdf

You'll see a graph showing a very marked inverse correlation between the top tax rate on capital gains and taxable realizations.

And if policymakers actually did somehow manage to create a draconian capital gains tax increase in such a way that investors couldn't escape it, they would knock a few percentage points off stock values. People have actually written dissertations on modeling the dynamic effects of such changes. They have been exaggerated by some, but no credible, unbiased observer believes they are zero.

The large bulk of public equity is held by retirement accounts in one form or another. Beating up, even if just a little bit, on the retirement accounts of non-affluent working Americans would not seem to be great public policy.

About the only people benefiting from a large capital gains tax rate increase would be politicians who want to score cheap political points by appealing to a dumbed-down public that doesn't understand the issue.

As for municipal bonds, people often forget that you're not avoiding taxation if you buy them -- you're simply paying the tax (although typically at a lower rate) to an entity such as a state, city, or school district. The extent to which the yield is lower than a taxable instrument with a similar risk profile is the tax.

Stripping the tax-favored status from munis would simply create demands for even larger bailouts of profligate states. The administration and congress certainly wouldn't want to risk diminishing state and local politicians' abilities to buy the votes of public employee union members and other favored constituencies with other people's money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Big increases in capital gains tax rates never raise anywhere near the revenue predicted by static analysis, and often don't raise significant additional revenue at all. This somehow seems mysterious to a lot of liberals, but experienced investors understand the issue quite well. There is a very clear negative correlation between aggregate realizations and the top tax rate on capital gains.

Another problem with high capital gains tax rates is that they produce an impediment to the flow of capital. The economy suffers when capital does not flow freely into sectors, industries, and companies deemed the highest and best use by investors and entrepreneurs. Further damaging the economy with another wave of bad economic policy is not exactly something we can afford right now.

Raising the tax rate on qualified dividends (now 15%) to 35% (or 39.6% in the future, as planned) would also produce negative unintended consequences. Since most of them are obviously not interested in paying income taxes at a 39.6% rate, high net worth individuals would simply divest themselves of large amounts of issues that pay high dividends, putting downward pressure on their prices. Many retirees and other individuals of rather modest means depend, at least in part, on income from dividend-paying stocks. Although most of them (especially if retired) may not be in high income tax brackets, their portfolios would be devalued by selling pressure on high-dividend stocks. I don't think most of us want to see the non-affluent lose net worth, even if just by a few percentage points, as a result of bad tax policy.

When politicians fire bullets at the wealthy, they often hit a lot of people who aren't so well off.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #255
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Oh great. Now Midnight's post-stalking himself.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women