Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47728
pyramider46370
bambino40433
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3
Default Business Advertising

Being in the lawn care business, I am exploring different ways to advertise the business. My thought has brought me to the idea of advertising on the back of grocery store receipts. I want to know from everyone here, if you have ever looked at the back of the grocery store receipt to see what coupons etc may be on there or if you just toss the receipt without looking at the back. Thanks for your input!
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
cnym
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Toss it, never look at the back of the receipt. Over the years we got used to the idea that it is JUNK !!! Try the Pennysaver, I have used a lot of Services from there, be it snow plowing, Fire wood ... etc.
cnym is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

I'm afraid I don't usually pay attention to what's at the back of my grocery receipt. If there is a message or an offer of some special deal printed at the end of the receipt, I might look at it.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Boogyman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I never look at those either. I've looked on craigslist for things like snow plow service, etc. Maybe try there.

Try flyers in upper scale neighborhoods, perhaps not too upscale-hoity toity areas.

Try a cross promotion with a real estate agent or someone in a similar industry. A real estate agent could give clients who just bought a house a gift certificate for a free mow and trim. If it's labeled as a gift from the agent, they may go for it - it makes them look good. When they call you, show up, cut the grass and give them your info.

You could also get a list of new home sales addresses and send some mailers out.

Try a referral program. If your current customers refer someone, they get a free cut or some fertilizing or something.

Your area may have a local community website or discussion forum you could either buy ad space or spam the forums. There's a Topix for almost every city.
Boogyman is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Encounters: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymie View Post
My thought has brought me to the idea of advertising on the back of grocery store receipts. I want to know from everyone here, if you have ever looked at the back of the grocery store receipt to see what coupons etc may be on there or if you just toss the receipt without looking at the back.
I don't look at the back of those receipts personally. Someone must or they wouldn't advertise there.

My assumption is the best advertising for a lawn care business is a sign in a neighbor's yard saying they use your service.

With gas the way it is, that would give you the secondary effect of clustering your customers so you need to drive less to get between them.

That would also be a source of productivity.
NormalBob is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

I would go with an ad in the penny saver or classifieds.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

They have coupons on the back of the receipts?

I don't even look at the receipt, let alone check the ads. The clerk gives it to me, i crumple it up, throw it in the bag (or shove it in my pocket) and in the trash it goes when i get home.

But then again, i don't read the pennysaver either.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #8
wnykittenkisser
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default lawn care ad

Around here a successful way is on diner placematts or the penny saver they booth work well. As for the register reciepts I also don't bother to look at them. Word of mouth has worked for Me for almost forty years.
wnykittenkisser is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

Well. I talked with the guy about advertising on the receipts and his deal is this...$250 a month on a year long contract...So I said well, I am just looking for pricing. Are you kidding me? $250 a month? Give me a break, he must think people are stupid. lol So I doubt I'll ever go that route.
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Even posting signs on telephone poles works. That is how I found my snow plowing guy.
GP is offline   Quote