Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #181
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
How about we get rid of the alleged conflict if interest that has you guys so stirred up (as well as the same conflict of having regulated businesses make campaign contributions) and have public financing of elections? The political leaders won't be funancially beholden to anyone!!
How about you pair that with very strict term limits (e.g., no more than four terms in the House and Two in the Senate with a further cap on any government work at any level*) and you might have a deal.

*i.e. make these turkeys go get a real job and make a payroll.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #182
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
How about you pair that with very strict term limits (e.g., no more than four terms in the House and Two in the Senate with a further cap on any government work at any level*) and you might have a deal.

No more Richard Nixons, Dick Chaneys, William Rogers or George HW Bushes? Seems to me the Pubs have made more of this than the Dems. Nevertheless, PJ, I'm shocked at your position.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #183
pjorourke
Valued Poster

And no more Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Bill Clinton (do I need to go on?)

Chuck, what does it take to get through to you that I am not a Republican. I am a Libertarian. Usually, the Republicans are more to my liking, but I also see their stupidity as well (e.g., the 2004-06 Congress that deserved to get thrown out on its ass). The Dems are closer to my pov on most social matters, but they want to be everyone's nanny and enforce it through a massive government. That I'll never buy.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #184
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default my motto

Quote:

never vote for an incumbent

(if at all possible)
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #185
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:

WOOHOO!!! Term Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
No more Richard Nixons, Dick Chaneys, William Rogers or George HW Bushes? Seems to me the Pubs have made more of this than the Dems. Nevertheless, PJ, I'm shocked at your position.
I could agree with that...

Quote:
And no more Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Bill Clinton (do I need to go on?) ...and that...

Chuck, what does it take to get through to you that I am not a Republican. I am a Libertarian. Usually, the Republicans are more to my liking, but I also see their stupidity as well (e.g., the 2004-06 Congress that deserved to get thrown out on its ass). The Dems are closer to my pov on most social matters, but they want to be everyone's nanny and enforce it through a massive government. That I'll never buy.
Unfortunately, I don't think the R and D indoctrination is something they can forgo. They will always believe in the 2 party system and you are either with them or you are the enemy. I do not believe they can even comprehend that a libertarian is the true centrist. R's are the same way and will tell the conservative libertarians if they don't vote R, they are wasting their vote.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #186
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
How about we get rid of the alleged conflict if interest that has you guys so stirred up (as well as the same conflict of having regulated businesses make campaign contributions) and have public financing of elections? The political leaders won't be funancially beholden to anyone!!
How about no campaigns beyond the bandwidth for a standard website website to list the planks of your campaign and a few national, regional, state and local public debates where the general public get to purchase raffles tickets to get a chance to ask the questions of the candidates (one winning ticket one question and each candidate must answer). No commercials, no touring, nothing. Equal footing. Just the facts and voters vote their conscience.

Better yet. Representation at the legislative branch is based only on random draw like a jury poll. It is your public duty to take a turn in the Congress (at local level city council, township trustee, state rep etc.). the only elections are executive branch and those are done with no frills public comparison and not campaigns. Judicial branch positions are appointed by executive branch. Any true change to the constitution requires nomination by legislative branch, approval of executive branch, validation by judicial branch, and then finally a populace vote if it involves money or property. True checks and balances: Magna Carta style.

In other words make it an incredible investment of time and energy to pass a law or do something weird with the budget.

Putting all of my suggestions together so far the unemployment lines will be filled with lawyers, insurance executives, lobbyists, professional politicians (there's an oxymoron for you), tax accountants and IRS employees.

If you can't create, produce, grow, build, craft, provide care, or training, or do something useful besides the stir the illusion of industry to cover that you are sucking the government tit, get a shovel or a broom in your hands and help clean the place up.

If I wasn't such a whoremonger, maybe I could get into public office and fix things. . .nah.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #187
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
@phatdaty

Cookie cutter one-size-fits-all solutions don't solve extremely complex social and economic problems in%20an equitable manner.

Try the Magna Carta, or if you want a modern version, read up on Harbour Conservatism.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #188
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default one thing i like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
How about no campaigns beyond the bandwidth for a standard website website to list the planks of your campaign and a few national, regional, state and local public debates where the general public get to purchase raffles tickets to get a chance to ask the questions of the candidates (one winning ticket one question and each candidate must answer). No commercials, no touring, nothing. Equal footing. Just the facts and voters vote their conscience.

Better yet. Representation at the legislative branch is based only on random draw like a jury poll. It is your public duty to take a turn in the Congress (at local level city council, township trustee, state rep etc.). the only elections are executive branch and those are done with no frills public comparison and not campaigns. Judicial branch positions are appointed by executive branch. Any true change to the constitution requires nomination by legislative branch, approval of executive branch, validation by judicial branch, and then finally a populace vote if it involves money or property. True checks and balances: Magna Carta style.

In other words make it an incredible investment of time and energy to pass a law or do something weird with the budget.

Putting all of my suggestions together so far the unemployment lines will be filled with lawyers, insurance executives, lobbyists, professional politicians (there's an oxymoron for you), tax accountants and IRS employees.

If you can't create, produce, grow, build, craft, provide care, or training, or do something useful besides the stir the illusion of industry to cover that you are sucking the government tit, get a shovel or a broom in your hands and help clean the place up.

If I wasn't such a whoremonger, maybe I could get into public office and fix things. . .nah.
i like your distaste for what we now have and the users with lying, mostly self imposed, sob stories
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #189
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
And no more Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Bill Clinton (do I need to go on?)

Clinton did only 2 terms in the White House and no other federal service (unless you count the numerous disaster relief funds to which he has been appointed). I agree with the others.

I am pleasantly surprised by your POV on social issues.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #190
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Clinton never worked a day in private industry in his life. Prior to President he was in government in Arkansas forever.

How does my social pov surprise you? Have you never read my posts here? Name one right wing social position that you have seen me espouse?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #191
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
Campaign limits are really the ultimate incumbent protection act. They only make sense where there are strong term limits.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #192
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I lived in Ark when Clinton was Gov.
I seem to remember he tried very hard to have public school teachers take tests to prove their ability to teach. The public had been complaining loudly about the lack of competent teachers.

The teachers union beat that down.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #193
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Clinton never worked a day in private industry in his life. Prior to President he was in government in Arkansas forever.
Your examples were all federal...so I thought you were talking about that. Clinton worked for a short time in a law firm, but other than that, yes, he was an elected official until he went to the White House. After the White House (some 11 years now) he has worked in private industry the whole time.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #194
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
After the White House (some 11 years now) he has worked in private industry the whole time.
Private industry, yeah right -- Clinton, Inc.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #195
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Private industry, yeah right -- Clinton, Inc.
Uhhh, I strongly suspect the Clinton Foundation is a 501(c)(3) operation. Does it make money? Sure. IMHO he's probably doing more through his foundation than any other former president.

But he's no longer working for any federal/state government unless you call the pension he gets "work."

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women