Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40330
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 07-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #61
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

And.. for a laugh.....

At least Cincinnati isn't Cleveland--- voted "Most Miserable City in America" for 10 years running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:51 AM   #62
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Well.. the problems began much earlier than that--
If you are unable to assess the root cause, you won't be able to fix the problem... but we get it , COULDN'T POSSIBLY be the fault of the last 50 years of Democratic policies... it's really the fault of the Republicans that preceded them lol...
texassapper is online now   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:03 AM   #63
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Nowhere in my post did I say that. Yeah-- I get it. You cannot grasp the concept that a person can pull from both parties and see both sides. Cincinnati has been corrupt for well over 100 years. Back in the 20's.. it was the "Reform Party". Cincinnati prided itself on removing a corrupt Mayor and his cronies and instituted a system where a City Manager handled most day to day affairs, relying on the city council to aid in decision making.

That made City Council a magnet for corruption-- and its why people are willing to spend so much money to win a damn seat on a city council .

Its not the party here-- its the system. Most people here run for council as "independent" Its rare for a candidate to declare a party and even more rare for the parties to back the candidates officially.... but its also common knowledge who is what. And the system remains the same regardless of party. In the past couple of years-- we've had 4 people brought up on federal charges in council-- 2 Dems and 2 Republicans.

Another interesting fact-- most of your community leaders here in the city-- regardless of race-- are Republican. The problem is-- they seldom go into the communities they claim to represent. Heck-- I attend my neighborhood meetings every month. During political cycles where candidates are going to the various neighborhood meetings-- we typically don't get the actual candidates-- we get their "assistants" or their "interns" or someone on their "staff".

The political party isn't the issue here as much as the system in place is the issue. They started working towards fixing that right after the race riots in the early 2000's... but really all that was accomplished was changing how the Mayor is selected and giving them back some power... at one point, the Mayor was automatically declared to be the council member that received the most votes... it was just a couple of cycles ago that the people of Cincinnati actually began specifically selecting a Mayor again.

Dem policies are absolutely part of the bigger issue. Unions created a lot of the job loss that the area has suffered with over the years-- and Ohio, despite being Republican controlled, is STILL not a "right to work" state... unions are mandatory if you work in a union shop-- even Kroger employees are required to pay into the garbage assed union that represents them. Can't help but think that's also partially responsible for the fact that Ohio was the ONLY state to suffer net job LOSS during the Trump administration.

I think my 99 year old grandmother said it best. Politics and medicine have one big thing in common. There is a shit ton of money in the treatment, but very little money in the cure. There is literally no incentive for either party to actually FIX the problems that exist-- there is a lot of money in making it look like they are "trying", though.
Old 07-19-2022, 08:55 AM   #64
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Nowhere in my post did I say that.
Yes, you did. In your very first sentence, hence my quotation. In response to my comment that 50 years of voting Democrat has given the citizens of Cincinnati exactly what they deserve. Your VERY first word in response were... "the problem began much earlier than that".

Quote:
Yeah-- I get it. You cannot grasp the concept that a person can pull from both parties and see both sides.
On the contrary, that's exactly what a person should do. But by your own words, you're not doing that... the blame doesn't reside with 50 years of shit policies from pseudo communists and their fellow travellers.

I rarely advocate FOR republicans.. reliable Conservatives, who may be Republicans, Yes, but rarely for Republicans because they are just the least worst alternative to the Communists and shit bags that are hell bent on destroying the nation.

You even acknowledge that Dem policies held back the state during Trumps administration... Hmmm... maybe Trump wasn't all that bad?

Regardless, it won't stop you voting for Biden or the likely replacement manufactured for the next election... and then you can sit around and wonder why the Cincinnati economy isn't growing... lol...
texassapper is online now   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:39 AM   #65
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

<---- didn't vote for Biden. Skipped the line item entirely. When I'm served two shit sandwiches-- I'll be damned if I'm going to eat either one.

Yes-- Dems tend to be much more about the unions than Republicans... but then, why is it, despite being Republican controlled at the state level for a number of years-- we still aren't a "right to work" state? Its not just Cincinnati that suffered net job loss-- the ENTIRE state did.. and Ohio is a Red state these days, both at the state and federal level.... which leads me back to the "The money is in the treatment, not the cure".

And yes-- the problems DID begin much earlier than that. Its a simple fact. Nowhere did I say that Republicans were responsible for that-- you inferred it yourself. Cincinnati is ran by a slate of Democrats-- but not the far left, defund the police variety. We spend a lot more money than most cities of comparable size on our police force.. and just approved even more money in the budget for the coming year. The problem is, despite your claims that you see both sides-- you automatically assume that every Democrat is one way... nope, there are conservative democrats-- I don't align with either party because I am very much a social liberal in the sense that I don't feel what others do with their personal lives is my business. Want to marry your same sex partner? Go for it. Want to dress like a girl? Whatever. Want to transition to the other sex? If its on your dime, fine by me. As a woman who has been a sexworker for a number of years-- I cannot align myself with policies that make it harder for me to do whatever the fuck I want to do in my own bedroom-- and that goes for BOTH parties. I cannot align with modern Republicans because I am not willing to govern via religion. I cannot align with modern Democrats because I don't believe that government should take the place of personal responsibility.

Democrats have issues with wanting a nanny state

Republicans have issues with wanting small government-- except in cases where it clashes with their personal morality..... or as the joke goes "Government so small it fits in your bedroom"
Old 07-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #66
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

The biggest reason I am registered "No party affiliation" is because I don't want to belong to any political party, locking myself into the ideas "of the party".

Perhaps if we all felt that way, we could forget about parties and concentrate on people who are willing to follow a textual reading of the Constitution no matter who it hurts or helps
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #67
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

No primaries and single open elections, highest vote getter wins would likely fix most of the “party” problem.

You’d likely not have people waste many votes on nut jobs. And I suspect far right and far left candidates would lose to moderates that actually want to govern in most districts.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:03 AM   #68
distanceswimmer
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

Can you refer us to your sources. I see different numbers when I use the FBI crime database.
Thanks
distanceswimmer is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:13 PM   #69
LayingPipe
Valued Poster

Don't waste your time with the OP he only gives partial facts to twist the truth
Every State has Democrat cities run by Mayors who control the police depts

The top three States listed in the report with the top three cities for homicides
Every single one totally controlled by defund the police hating Democrats

Mississippi
Jackson,MS Chokwe Antar Lumumba Democrat
Laurel,MS Johnny Magee Democrat
Meridian,MS Jimmie Smith Democrat

Louisiana
Opelousas,LA Julius Alsandor Democrat
Alexandria, LA Jeff Hall Democrat
Monroe, LA Jamie Mayo Democrat

Kentucky
Louisville KY Greg Fischer Democrat
Mayfield KY Kathy O'Nan Democrat
Pikeville KY James Carter Democrat

https://housegrail.com/most-dangerou...s-in-kentucky/
LayingPipe is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:04 PM   #70
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

So how do these Hard right Red States allow democrats to be mayor?

Your logic is illogical.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 04:06 AM   #71
LayingPipe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
allow

Elections "allow" people to vote for mayors who defund the police and make criminals the victims. Affordable housing (free) brings criminals in like flies to sh*t.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:25 AM   #72
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

So what’s your point?

Also, which cities have defunded the police?

Seems like your shaking and quaking over talking points.
Old 08-27-2022, 03:43 PM   #73
LayingPipe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
So what’s your point?.

Take your complaints up with the FBI those are the facts

Democrats = Crime
Old 09-03-2022, 06:55 AM   #74
Mjay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Crime is everywhere, hell that famous rapper Notorious BIG was shot & killed in Beverly Hills.
Mjay is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #75
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingPipe View Post
Take your complaints up with the FBI those are the facts

Democrats = Crime
Who has defunded the police?

You seem to be afraid to answer that one.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women