Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47557
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2022, 03:50 PM   #1486
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'd bet our fiscal stimulus as a % of GDP during COVID, including Biden's American Rescue Plan that needlessly fanned the flames of inflation, was higher than those countries too.

The EU and the UK are the only other major economies with inflation as high as the USA's, and I believe their monetary policies have been about as loose as ours.
There was a WSJ article today that looked at this. It was written by Jason Furman, an Obama economist who usually tries to call it straight (like Larry Summers).

I won't cut-and-paste the whole article, but he makes the point that while Europe's fiscal stimulus was less excessive than ours, this didn't stop them from importing some of our home-grown US inflation. Europe has also been slammed by an even more extreme spike in natural gas prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america...t-11654541096?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:20 PM   #1487
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
There was a WSJ article today that looked at this. It was written by Jason Furman, an Obama economist who usually tries to call it straight (like Larry Summers).

I won't cut-and-paste the whole article, but he makes the point that while Europe's fiscal stimulus was less excessive than ours, this didn't stop them from importing some of our home-grown US inflation. Europe has also been slammed by an even more extreme spike in natural gas prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america...t-11654541096?
Any thoughts about Furman's observation that job openings in the USA far exceed the number of people looking for jobs? I suspect that's partly because of fiscal and/or monetary fuck ups and is somehow related to inflation. For example maybe the Fed was asleep at the wheel and allowed the economy to overheat so there aren't enough people out there to do the work. But then the prices of goods and services are increasing faster than wages, so maybe that doesn't make sense. Would a decline in the labor force participation rate, egged on by COVID relief, somehow affect inflation? This is all above my paygrade.

I see that the Eurozone unemployment rate is at an all time low, since formation of the EU, and it's still 6.83%! That's another indication that our system, with lower taxes and lower government spending, is superior IMHO.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:35 AM   #1488
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Any thoughts ...
That's another indication that our system, with lower taxes and lower government spending, is superior IMHO.
30 trillion dollars superior?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:42 AM   #1489
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
Tiny... Think WTF is PT Barnum? "sucker born every minute"
Let see who the suckers are...

Let's cut taxes and accelerate spending the resulting policy change will end up expanding the wealth gap and add 30 trillion to national debt.

Hmmmmmmm
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:49 AM   #1490
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
No and No

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reag...20since%201925.

Economic Costs
Edit
While the average income grew 75% and the median income grew 10% from 1980-1989, this disparity shows that while top earners made huge gains, bottom earners' income grew slower than the inflation rate for the same decade.
The US Federal Tax Revenue as % of the GDP decreased from 18.5 to 17.4 from 1980–1990.[11]
The budget deficit increased from $74 billion in 1980 to $221 billion in 1990.[11]
The budget deficit as a % of GDP increased from 2.6% in 1980 to 2.7% in 1989.
The tax cuts are often blamed for the Wealth inequality in the United States and the Middle-class squeeze.[14
Quote:
This first tax cut taught Republicans that tax cuts could be popular — something that was not clear at the time, because for decades before then opinion polls had shown strong and consistent opposition to deficits,” Prasad writes.

ERTA transformed the Republican Party from a party of fiscal rectitude into a party whose main domestic policy goal is to cut taxes.” That transformation, moreover, proved extremely durable — far more durable than ERTA itself.
What could happen if you teach a nation that there is no pain in NOT paying for all the goodies they want? In fact we will LOWER their taxes.

So just like the dog, bell and food....we can condition a certain segment of society that tax cuts, more spending is the new economic equation to prosperity!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:51 AM   #1491
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Tiny please try and understand wtf this means. I know it is above lustylad's pay grade

ERTA transformed the Republican Party from a party of fiscal rectitude into a party whose main domestic policy goal is to cut taxes.”
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:53 AM   #1492
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

There will be a test...fiscal rectitude vs tax cuts tax cuts tax cuts
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:58 AM   #1493
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Let me help you a bit, Tiny

Rectitude refers to behavior that is correct, upright and honorable. You have moral rectitude if you refuse to be involved with a plan that some kids in your class have to cheat on a test.

This is a word that's easy to remember! First of all, rectitude sounds like rector, a member of the clergy, who is supposed to be a person with a highly moral ... 'tude, if you will. It also has the same prefix as rectangle, that most upright of geometric figures. If someone talks about fiscal rectitude, they are concerned with doing the right thing financially
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #1494
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Let see who the suckers are...

Let's .... accelerate spending the resulting policy change will end up expanding the wealth gap and add 30 trillion to national debt.

Hmmmmmmm
Quote:
What could happen if you teach a nation that there is no pain in NOT paying for all the goodies they want?

Quote:

Rectitude refers to behavior that is correct, upright and honorable. You have moral rectitude if you refuse to be involved with a plan that some kids in your class have to cheat on a test.

This is a word that's easy to remember! First of all, rectitude sounds like rector, a member of the clergy, who is supposed to be a person with a highly moral ... 'tude, if you will. It also has the same prefix as rectangle, that most upright of geometric figures. If someone talks about fiscal rectitude, they are concerned with doing the right thing financially
Nobody's arguing with you about the spending side of the equation WTF. We mostly agree with you. I'm not sure about Chung Tran and Eccieuser, who have been a bit coy in this thread, but the rest of us anyway.

Well, now I've got a direct pipeline to the Saints of Classical Liberalism. I'll run this by them and see if they've got any suggestions on how to get through to you. Back with you later, stay tuned.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:15 AM   #1495
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Wtf preaches rectitude
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #1496
lustylad
BANNED

Default I Hear He's a Swallower Too

Quote:
Let (sic) see who the suckers are...
You can start with your tranny boyfriend...

Old 06-08-2022, 11:46 AM   #1497
lustylad
BANNED

Default WTF Never Tires of Spending Other People's Money!

Quote:
There will be a test...fiscal rectitude vs spend spend spend
You already flunked that test, poofter.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #1498
lustylad
BANNED

Default WTF Never Has an Original Thought of His Own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
Wtf preaches rectitude
Lol! The only thing he "preaches" is how to plagiarize a definition from an online dictionary.

Here's where his post #1493 came from.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/rectitude#

Whenever a WTF post contains anything semi-coherent, you can be certain he didn't write it!
Old 06-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #1499
lustylad
BANNED

Default It's No Wonder Why WTF Can't Even Balance His Own Checkbook!

Quote:
Nobody's arguing with you about the spending side of the equation WTF.
Of course nobody is arguing with Poofter about the spending side - BECAUSE HE NEVER MENTIONS IT!

He thinks deficits are created by taxes alone! That's how fucking retarded he is!
Old 06-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #1500
lustylad
BANNED

Default How to Tell When WTF Isn't Plagiarizing...

Quote:

Rectitude refers to...

This is a word that's easy to remember! First of all, rectitude sounds like rectum, which is my favorite sexual orifice.
Hmm... I do believe you actually wrote the part in red.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women