Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
suckaforlove
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25
Default Jordan Alvarez or Marwin Gonzalez (Astros)

Now I see how important it is to have players like Marwin Gonzalez to be your designated hitter or position player. Jordan Alvarez is an automatic out and needs to benched or placed in the 9 spot.
suckaforlove is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:10 AM   #2
PhantomofTheOpera
Valued Poster

Location: second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Alveraz has been intimidated by his first "real" playoffs in the big show, in my opinion. Give the kid a break, he is only 22 and was in Triple-A earlier this year. He will adjust and do just fine, yet I agree he should be moved to a less important batting spot and given some coaching that he must not be getting presently.
PhantomofTheOpera is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomofTheOpera View Post
Alveraz has been intimidated by his first "real" playoffs in the big show, in my opinion.
IMO ... a "trainer" decided to improve his batting ability and directed him to change his posture, swing, and decision making. Sometimes "trainers" believe they need to "train" EVERYONE and IMO Alvarez (correct spelling) was a "natural" who was benefiting by staff and pitchers not have any experience with his style and choice of pitches to hit. "If it works, don't fix it!"

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/...yordan-alvarez
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

It has appeared like the post season strategy has been to work the pitchers. For the most part that's what they have done. They've passed up some pretty hittable pitches early in the count and had to work to get back to even or full. Not a bad strategy for an experience bunch of hitters like you have in 1-5. You've got to figure you've got a better chance of putting some crooked numbers up if you can tire a starter out and get to middle relief.

Alvarez is obviously uncomfortable being behind in the count. He get's crossed up and doesn't even foul pitches off. I'm guessing he accounts for about 5 pitches per AB where the rest of the top of the lineup are getting 8, 9 10 pitches sometimes. I wonder if there are any stats on pitches per AB. They keep stats on everything else.

Maybe AJ just needs to give him the green light to take a swing early if it's a pitch he thinks he can hit. Can't do much worse.

*Edit
So there's this
https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/houston-astros-team-stats?season=2019&category=BAT TING+II&group=1&sort=15&time=2 &pos=0&qual=0&splitType=0

Only Bregman takes more pitches...
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #5
theonean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

His numbers are not that bad 7 hits in the series and Springer dinger had 7 hits but two were HRs and very clutch, A.J. could pull him for Diaz and put him in as pinch hitter when a very high ERA reliever is on board, so he can jump-start his home run stat. We want the Yordon blast...
He also scares pitchers because his pre season numbers are off the charts and he is going to break out...tick tick tick

Also he and everyone else is batting against elite pitchers....

Lord Altuve needs to talk to him about hitting HRsss
theonean is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #6
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonean View Post
His numbers are not that bad 7 hits in the series and Springer dinger had 7 hits but two were HRs and very clutch, A.J. could pull him for Diaz and put him in as pinch hitter when a very high ERA reliever is on board, so he can jump-start his home run stat. We want the Yordon blast...
He also scares pitchers because his pre season numbers are off the charts and he is going to break out...tick tick tick

Also he and everyone else is batting against elite pitchers....

Lord Altuve needs to talk to him about hitting HRsss

He's the only player in the lineup, both catchers included, who isn't a veteran to post season BB.

Dude just needs to fuck a fat chick...
Old 10-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #7
Sig9er
Premium Access

Encounters: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
He's the only player in the lineup, both catchers included, who isn't a veteran to post season BB.

Dude just needs to fuck a fat chick...
Right you are mate. bring on the slumpbusters!!! According to the recent reviews, this is the perfect place to start. Fuck...what happened to H-town whore scene?

Cheers
Sig9er is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #8
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Alvarez was coming around in game 1, but struck out when they needed him to come through
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #9
suckaforlove
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

The way the Nationals are playing and coaching they may be the most underestimated team to ever win a World Series if the ASStros keep sleepwalking.
suckaforlove is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:35 AM   #10
ZantannaParella
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 319127
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I love marwin but to be fair BBC (Alvarez) wasn't brought up to replace him. Diaz is the new (utility) player. From what I understand Yordan will eventually play first and DH depending on how AJ sets the line up.

And bench him? Well than most our guys would be on the bench with your logic. Bats need to wake the fuck up for everyone. I'm thinking that tonight's game is gonna be a breakout night for bats. Glad Grinke is on the mound. Heard he's a decent batter.

Anyhoo.
Go Astros!
ZantannaParella is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #11
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Greinke is a lifetime .225 batter which ain't bad for a pitcher. Smoltz kept praising him as an athlete in his last start. I pray to Tebow it doesn't come down to Greinke's bat. BTW Sanchez is .084.
Yeah, the bats need to wake the fuck up but the pitching has to come around too and shut their bats down or at least keep it close. Astros are supposed to have the advantage in the bull pen but it sure doesn't look as good as it does on paper.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #12
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

BBC came through big time tonight!
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #13
fishingtwo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
BBC came through big time tonight!
Yes he did, finally

One more win stros!
fishingtwo is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:34 PM   #14
theonean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Can't say who will win tonight, if Max truly is in bad shape, then maybe we prevail, but it will be tough and luck has to be on our side and they make some errors...no prediction.
theonean is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:17 PM   #15
Bankshot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I still say the Astros because they are the better team in my opinion. Just as long as the bats don't go comatose.
Bankshot is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women