Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47401
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #8446
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 57
Default Brian Gaine..... Brian Gone.....

https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/st...06062694322176

“After a thorough evaluation of our football operations, we have decided to relieve Brian Gaine of his duties as general manager,” Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair said in a statement. "Brian is a man of high character and we appreciate his contributions to our organization. We will begin an immediate search for a new GM. In the interim, Football Operations will be led by Senior Vice President of Football Administration Chris Olsen. While the timing may be unusual, this decision was made in the best interest of our organization in our quest to build a championship team for the City of Houston."
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #8447
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/st...06062694322176

“After a thorough evaluation of our football operations, we have decided to relieve Brian Gaine of his duties as general manager,” Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair said in a statement. "Brian is a man of high character and we appreciate his contributions to our organization. We will begin an immediate search for a new GM. In the interim, Football Operations will be led by Senior Vice President of Football Administration Chris Olsen. While the timing may be unusual, this decision was made in the best interest of our organization in our quest to build a championship team for the City of Houston."
My take is that Cal is in way over his head.
boardman is online now   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #8448
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I heard that Gaine had a deal to trade Clowney but McNuttless Jr and B’OB said no.

Would be good to get rid of him. He thinks he is worth more than his market value.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #8449
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

They all think they're worth more than their market value.
Caps are in place to protect the owners from agreeing.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 PM   #8450
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I heard that Gaine had a deal to trade Clowney but McNuttless Jr and B’OB said no. Would be good to get rid of him. He thinks he is worth more than his market value.

I thought one of the reasons that got rid of him was because of the "Clowney Situation".
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #8451
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Lance and John on Monday mentioned that one reason was that Cal wanted in on discussions on team and player discussions and Gaine was dismissive of him and his ideas.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #8452
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Lance and John on Monday mentioned that one reason was that Cal wanted in on discussions on team and player discussions and Gaine was dismissive of him and his ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
I thought one of the reasons that got rid of him was because of the "Clowney Situation".

My guess is that there is truth in both these statements. IMO Cal isn't executive material. I imagine he was wanting in on some of the player personnel decisions and Gaine probably didn't have a lot of respect for Cal because he doesn't have any experience in PP. I'd be dismissive of him too.

As it stands it didn't help the Clowney situation and now he's got one less seasoned player personnel expert helping make decisions...good or bad. I don't figure Clowney to sign shit til after OTAs and probably not before week three of preseason unless they offer him the moon.
The big loser is the organization and Cal is at the head of it.

Or maybe Rick Smith is ready to come back
Old 06-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #8453
BigLouie
Valued Poster

My whole take on the Texans is that they are hiring or trying to hire a lot of New England people thinking they can mirror their success. Problem is the Pats have won all those super bowls due to the play of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Their drafts have not been that great and neither have their player moves.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #8454
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post

Or maybe Rick Smith is ready to come back
I've asked that question multiple times. Can he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
... Their drafts have not been that great and neither have their player moves.
Compared to the Texans they have been.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:39 PM   #8455
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I've asked that question multiple times. Can he?
Can he come back? As I understand it he is still the executive VP of football operations so I would say that the short answer is "yes".
Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #8456
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Can he come back? As I understand it he is still the executive VP of football operations so I would say that the short answer is "yes".
Not disputing what you're saying but his name is not listed on https://www.houstontexans.com/team/front-office-roster/

I'm sure the McNairs can hire and fire anyone they want but I hope this isn't a precursor to his return.

BTW, I don't listen to any of the local sports radio shows.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #8457
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Not disputing what you're saying but his name is not listed on https://www.houstontexans.com/team/front-office-roster/

I'm sure the McNairs can hire and fire anyone they want but I hope this isn't a precursor to his return.

BTW, I don't listen to any of the local sports radio shows.

The Chronicle reported that Smith would retain that position during his leave of absence. If something changed I don't remember hearing it.
Wiki now says he "was" the EVP. When I made that post it said he "is" the EVP. So that's been updated recently.

BoB was ready to give Bob McNair an ultimatum before Rick Smith took the leave of absence. I'm guessing he'd walk if they tried to bring RS back.

It's probably moot anyway. Sounds like they had their sights on Nick Cesario and that has become another cluster fuck along with the lawsuit against Brian Gaine.

I'm telling you Cal is in over his head.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:11 AM   #8458
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
It's probably moot anyway. Sounds like they had their sights on Nick Cesario and that has become another cluster fuck along with the lawsuit against Brian Gaine.

I'm telling you Cal is in over his head.

I am not sure if he is in over his head but it was a fuck up!!
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #8459
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Going into the training camp the team actually looks pretty good. Although Gaines was fired he did a very good job on the last two drafts and the result is that the team is in very good shape. The big key will keeping the receivers healthy.

One thing I had heard after Gaines left is that Jack Easterby is a holier than thou type of guy and also a big believer in TQM, Total Quality Management. Word is he left New England because he was personally offended by Robert Kraft getting a happy ending and getting caught. He also feels that if you are to win a Super Bowl you have to evaluate everyone in the organization to see if they are capable of getting you to the Super Bowl. Typical TQM thinking. He felt that Gaines was not so he got fired. I suspect that also means that if BoB falls on his face this season he may be out.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:10 PM   #8460
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

If BoB falls on his face again this year he needs to be out.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women