Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #91
Pink Floyd
KAVORKA

Encounters: 40
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
In just about any religion, the fundamentalists are the scary folks to watch out for.

Fundamental faith in the constitution will probably play out that way too?
Words of the founding fathers.
http://www.skeptically.org/thinkersonreligion/id9.html
Pink Floyd is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #92
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Hence the response pointing out your bigotry and hypocrisy, 1-800-JCM-DATO: the lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM's soiled breechclout.

Read it correctly the first time, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. You're the one that has issues with Homo sapiens women, Ekim the Inbred Chimp. So what is it that you do fuck, Ekim the Inbred Chimp?

Read my reviews you trannie/ape fucker which are you pounding this week perv?
How come in your rant you failed to complete the classification on hominid with gorilla,chimpanzee, and orangutan? Oh I know it would make you look bad. Just cherry pick to try and prove your side.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #93
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post

Read my reviews you trannie/ape fucker which are you pounding this week perv?
How come in your rant you failed to complete the classification on hominid with gorilla,chimpanzee, and orangutan? Oh I know it would make you look bad. Just cherry pick to try and prove your side.
The wiki article is accurately quoted, Ekim the Inbred Chimp: "The term 'hominid' is also used in the more restricted sense as hominins or "humans and relatives of humans closer than chimpanzees". In this usage, all hominid species other than Homo sapiens are extinct.' (wiki) So what is it that you fuck since you are so contemptuous of Homo Sapiens women, Ekim the Inbred Chimp?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #94
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi View Post
The thesis of that article is bogus. The author has ‘cherry picked’ his evidence and ignored all evidence that upsets his thesis.

"Among the men of the Revolution who attended Bruton Parish Church [in Williamsburg, VA.] were Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Richard Henry Lee, George Wythe, Patrick Henry, and George Mason."
http://www.history.org/Almanack/places/hb/hbbruch.cfm

For anybody to claim that Washington wasn't Christian is preposterous. John Adams attended church regularly. James Madison, as a lawyer, made a living defending the rights of Virginia's Baptist congregations to worship in a manner other than that dictated by the state's Anglican Church.

Atheists also fail to comprehend the assignation of religious matters via the 10th Amendment to the states:

Article X.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The Constitution established a "federal system" of government.

Arguing that the Founding Fathers did not explicitly define themselves and the new nation as Christian has no more merit than arguing they did not define “marriage” as a union of one man and one woman. Both ideas were accepted as “common law” that did not need to be explained in a written document in the 18th Century. There were a few atheist and deist among the Founding Fathers, but the remaining balance were, for the most part, practicing Christians. Hence, in writing and adopting the Constitution they were not seeking to diminish the practice of Christianity, per se. What they were seeking to thwart was the ascendency of one creed over the others; they did not want to be forced to worship as an Anglican or a Catholic, or a Methodist, etc.

Remember, if you will, that the New England colonies were very much founded for religious reasons. The Constitution was written in a manner that insured that the colonies, as states, could continue to regulate matters of religion, by insuring the national government could not do so. Otherwise, the central government would have abridged rights guaranteed to the separate states—which it eventually did. With the ratification of the 14th Amendment, the central government constitutionally now prohibits the states from regulating religion. But again, that was not the case in 1789.

Further, atheists always wish to use the Treaty of Tripoli to support their atheistic agenda. The Treaty of Tripoli is indeed an “exceptional” document, because of all of the treaties of that period, it is the only one that makes such a statement. Furthermore, the origins of Article XI are suspect, and even if the article is a true part of the treaty, that article was not included of the subsequent treaty a mere seven or eight years later, or any other treaty since that time. Hence, as an “exceptional” document, it should be “excepted” as justification for such a carte blanche argument like the one proposed by the author you cite.

“THE ORIGINAL [Tripoli] TREATY

“The first to be noted is that which contains the original treaty. It is a book in the literal sense. There are fourteen pages of Arabic text; all of these are right-hand pages. In the Arabic order, the first of them is the ‘note’ of the money and presents, mentioned, according to the Barlow translation, in Article 10 of the treaty; the second is the ‘receipt,’ also mentioned in that article, and this page, like the first, is sealed with the seal of the Dey of Algiers. Then come the twelve pages of the treaty; the preamble is on the first of these with Article 1; and there is one article on a page, except that the script on the page between Articles 10 and 12, is, as fully explained in the annotated translation of 1930, not an article at all. The last of those twelve pages has also the seals and superscriptions, of which there are eleven In all, including one for the Dey of Algiers. The fourteen pages of Arabic text are reproduced above in left-to-right order of pagination; but the twelve treaty pages come first and then the ‘receipt’ and then the ‘note.’” http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar1796n.asp#n1

There is an interesting debate about the origins and veracity of Article XI. These Yale authors don’t dismiss the article out of hand, but they do say it is suspect. Furthermore, the authors point out that when the treaty is updated eight years later, it contains no equivalent text.

The site you provided also fails to include examples of other treaties of the period, most notably:

“The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783”

“In the name of the most holy and undivided Trinity.”

“It having pleased the Divine Providence to dispose the hearts of the most serene and most potent Prince George the Third, by the grace of God, king of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, defender of the faith, duke of Brunswick and Lunebourg, arch- treasurer and prince elector of the Holy Roman Empire etc., and of the United States of America,”
http://www.law.ou.edu/ushistory/paris.shtml

Please read Jefferson’s Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, 1777 (http://www.monticello.org/site/resea...igious-freedom). I am sure your author assumes most people will not check other sources. Please note that Jefferson assumes all men are “believers”. What Jefferson is addressing, is the right of each man to worship his God in the way of his own choosing. Jefferson’s argument is based on the fallibility of man; particularly, men in government who presume or pretend to have special knowledge of the divine. No where in that act does Jefferson argue that American beliefs and traditions have no roots in Christianity.

Therein you’ll read:

Jefferson: “That to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.”

Therein, he also wrote, “by bribing with a monopoly of worldly honours and emoluments those who will externally profess and conform to it . . .[corrupts] the principles of that very Religion it is meant to encourage . . . .” [and]

Jefferson: “to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a dangerous fallacy which at once destroys all religious liberty because he being of course judge of that tendency will make his opinions the rule of judgment and approve or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall square with or differ from his own . . .”

Now look at the Massachusetts’s Constitution written in 1780 by John Adams: @ http://www.malegislature.gov/laws/constitution. Make sure you read it through to Chapter VI. Oaths And Subscriptions. And then refer back to the 10th Amendment provided above. The importance of religion was recognized by the Founding Fathers, but it was a matter relegated to the states.

Arguing that the Founding Fathers did not explicitly define themselves and the new nation as Christian has no merit and is completely insupportable in the face of facts to the contrary. Again, if you indeed, as you insist, have a proper understanding of what the Founding Father's intentions were, we would not be having this discussion. This matter would have been settled in your favor two hundred years ago, and today there would be no debate. But that is not the case.

General George Washington's Bruton Parish Church pew:

Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #95
Pink Floyd
KAVORKA

Encounters: 40

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/
Pink Floyd is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #96
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi View Post
This article you now cite only serves to support your flaccid beliefs as an atheist -- a point no one here is disputing. However, that site in no manner factually rebuts the evidence showing that the Founding Fathers honored Christian beliefs.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #97
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
The wiki article is accurately quoted, Ekim the Inbred Chimp: "The term 'hominid' is also used in the more restricted sense as hominins or "humans and relatives of humans closer than chimpanzees". In this usage, all hominid species other than Homo sapiens are extinct.' (wiki) So what is it that you fuck since you are so contemptuous of Homo Sapiens women, Ekim the Inbred Chimp?
Aren't you the one who scoffs at wiki unless you want it for a reference In Bred? Try looking it up at Websters and STFU. You petrified piss ant.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #98
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Aren't you the one who scoffs at wiki unless you want it for a reference In Bred? Try looking it up at Websters and STFU. You petrified piss ant.
Actually, Ekim the Inbred Chimp, no! Wiki is just fine in most cases, and here's Websters':

"hominid : any of a family (Hominidae) of erect bipedal primate mammals that includes recent humans together with extinct ancestral and related forms"
Old 02-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #99
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Actually, Ekim the Inbred Chimp, no! Wiki is just fine in most cases, and here's Websters':

"hominid : any of a family (Hominidae) of erect bipedal primate mammals that includes recent humans together with extinct ancestral and related forms"
Again you left out ( Any of the family of Hominidae erect primates and modern humans also classified are gorilla chimpanzees and orangutans) You just haven't won one lately have you?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #100
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Again you left out ( Any of the family of Hominidae erect primates and modern humans also classified are gorilla chimpanzees and orangutans) You just haven't won one lately have you?
You're the ignorant jackass that INCLUDED Homo sapiens women in you disparaging remark, Ekim the Inbred Chimp!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #101
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
You're the ignorant jackass that INCLUDED Homo sapiens women in you disparaging remark, Ekim the Inbred Chimp!

You are a lying SOB, because you omitted part of the answer to make yourself look right. Now fuck you and your obsession with chimps. You have them on your lips with every post.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #102
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Absolutely. IB, you need to quit comparing LittleEva to an inbred chimp. It's insulting. You owe an apology to all inbred chimps, everywhere.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #103
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Absolutely. IB, you need to quit comparing LittleEva to an inbred chimp. It's insulting. You owe an apology to all inbred chimps, everywhere.
Attn: COG remove head from ass !!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women