Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47758
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #46
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
All Red Legs were Jayhawkers, but not all Jayhawkers were Red Legs, and -- despite your most ignorant assertion otherwise, nincompoop -- Red Legs and Jayhawkers were not Missourians, CBJ7. BTW, CJ7, your ignorance is on display here and here. Meanwhile, your ignorant ass can't back up your asinine lie with a citation, jackass.

not that it matters ...

A Red Leg is a specific term, not a generalized or generic one.

It pertains to a group of men who were from the Atchison, Kansas area. They were organized by General James G. Blunt at the behest of Kansas Governor Thomas Carney and Kansas Senator Jim Lane. Governor Carney personally financed this armed group of Red Legs.
As a side-note adding to historical fact and actuality - Blunt, was well known to ride the coattails of Senator Lane. Regardless of his so called "accomplishments", his downfall came through acts of corruption and womanizing. Blunt died in an insane asylum due to syphilis, in 1881.
The Kansas Red Legs, gained their name from the knee high, red yarn leggings they wore over their boots. See image of General Thomas Ewing in his "Red Legs" from the legendary painting "General Order Number 11" by artist George Caleb Bingham.

Redlegs were a band of band of militants who refused to join units officially sanctioned by the U.S. Army. These so called "men" terrorized the Kansas-Missouri border, and which in turn incurred the wrath of Quantrill, Anderson, Todd, etc.
Some of the men which comprised the Red Legs were "Wild Bill" Hickok and William S. Tough. Matter of fact, William Tough was known even around his own men as "He is pure horse thief and murderer."

Something a Red Leg could be proud of !

Jayhawkers
This is a term applied to Kansan guerrilla fighters opposed to Missouri during the struggle over Kansas in the years prior, as well as directly into to so called the Civil War.
Later, during the war, it was the nickname of part of the Seventh Kansas Cavalry, commanded by Colonel Charles R. Jennison -or- Jennison's Jayhawkers. Which, even later, would officially be designated the 7th Kansas Cavalry, U.S.
The jawhaker bands actually scorned U.S goverment sanction and were typically even more vicious and indiscriminate in their methods than their bureaucratically recognized counterparts. Even within Kansas, the jayhawkers were not always popular because, in the absence of federal support, they supplied themselves by stealing horses and supplies from fellow Kansans and Kansas farmers.
Jayhawker bands waged numerous bloody and gruesome invasions of Missouri and also committed some of the most notorious atrocities of the Civil War, including the Lane-led massacre on September 23, 1861 at Osceola, Missouri, in which the entire town was set aflame and many of it's residents killed. (The sacking of Osceola, Missouri inspired the 1976 film "The Outlaw Josey Wales."
Jayhawkers also engineered and implimented the August 13, 1863 Collapse of yankee jail in Kansas City in which innocent civilian female relatives of The Missouri Partisan Rangers were incarcerated by yankee soldiers because of their connection to the pro-Confederate guerrillas. Supports beams of the jail had been intentionally weakened and sabotaged, and the ensuing collapse of the structure killed four women including 14 year old Josephine Anderson, sister of William T. Anderson. Bill's other sister, Mary Anderson was badly injured (both legs broken).
Also arrested and incarcerated during the collapse were Charity Kerr, sister of John McCorkle (killed), Mrs. Nannie McCorkle, sister-in-law of John McCorkle (uninjured), Susan Vandever, cousin of Cole Younger (killed), Armenia Whitsett Selvey, cousin of Cole Younger (killed).
These two incidents of the Osceola Massacre and the Kansas City Jail Collapse were prior to, and set the stage for the "Pay Back". Also known as the Lawrence Raid in Lawrence, Kansas on August 21, 1863, led by William Quantrill and his men.
The origin of the term Jayhawker is widely believed to signify a mythical bird which is a mongrel cross between a blue jay and a sparrow hawk. Significantly, a bird that ambushes and attacks a weaker prey. Sound familiar ?
The term came to prominence just before the Border War, in Kansas, where it was adopted by militant abolitionist groups known as jayhawkers.
Actually, it is a term that still is used today. Kansans are most often called and proudly boast themselves as jayhawkers.
Even their sports teams at Kansas University in Lawrence are the named Jayhawks.
It takes a lot of pride to name yourselves after a bunch of terrorists, murderers, rapists and child killers. Fine example to set for modern day students.
There are also instances of late war diaries, accounts etc, of troops from Iowa, Illinois, etc. that "set out jayhawking". Items stolen in raids into Missouri were frequently referred to as having been "Jayhawked."
It had became a term to be used to describe terror, robbery, pillaging, destruction and even murder. Much as if it were some type of "sport" or "recreation." Regardless, it is a heartless term, and one of evil and destruction of Biblical proportions
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #47
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
not that it matters ...
Once again you've given the evidence to underscore what an enormous, ignorant jackass you really are, CBJ7 -- Red Legs were not from Missouri as you originally claimed, jackass.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #48
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Once again you've given the evidence to underscore what an enormous, ignorant jackass you really are, CBJ7 -- Red Legs were not from Missouri as you originally claimed, jackass.
I made a geographical error.

you made a fool out of your KNOW IT ALL self.

see the difference?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #49
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I made a geographical error.

you made a fool out of your KNOW IT ALL self.

see the difference?
You're the fool that cast the ignorant insult and then foolishly tried to deflect attention away from the ignorant error borne in that ignorant insult; so, that would make you the ignorant fool, CBJ7.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #50
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I applaude CJ on his cut and paste. I have said much the same thing a few times without pasting but still...

As for Jayhawking, the story goes that Jennison rode into camp one day and someone asked him what he had been doing. He replied "jayhawkin!" When asked what that was he said "you know, robbin, murderin, and rapin". Jennison was born in another country (New York was another country in the 1830s) and it is hard to write his accent. You forgot one participant in the Battle of Westport; Jeremiah "liver eatin" Johnson. Yep, Robert Redford's hero who was known for his cannibalism after killing his native American foes.

Jennison and........................... .........................Johns on
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #51
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I applaude CJ on his cut and paste. I have said much the same thing a few times without pasting but still...

As for Jayhawking, the story goes that Jennison rode into camp one day and someone asked him what he had been doing. He replied "jayhawkin!" When asked what that was he said "you know, robbin, murderin, and rapin". Jennison was born in another country (New York was another country in the 1830s) and it is hard to write his accent. You forgot one participant in the Battle of Westport; Jeremiah "liver eatin" Johnson. Yep, Robert Redford's hero who was known for his cannibalism after killing his native American foes.

Jennison and........................... .........................Johns on

'Depiek Absaroka': "Killer of Crows" -- he's buried in Cody, WY: visited his grave site.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #52
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Sorry to interrupt this two-way creamo game but ...

PEE PEE POO POO

You guys are the SHIT!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women