Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60153
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47651
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #61
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Bla-bla-bla. Call me when you have something to say.
Congrats, Professor Barleycorn!

That's the most intelligent statement you've posted so far, either in this thread or the other ones in which you promoted this secession B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Good luck with that. Somehow I just don't see the Colorado legislature permitting the oil and gas rich sections of Northern Colorado to leave and to take all that tax money with them.
The key point, concerning which these North Colorado secession nuts seem to be in full-blown denial. Revenue from oil and gas production is an important and increasing source of funding for the state. Can anyone conceivably imagine the legislature just letting it ride away?

And as ExNYer additionally noted, the U.S. Congress would also have to approve secession. Can you imagine the ensuing chaos if congress opened up the floodgates for this sort of stuff? Clusters of counties all over the nation would start making noises about secession, arguing that precedent should allow them the opportunity to break away at their pleasure. This whole idea may be the biggest political non-starter I've ever seen.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #62
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
The counties in question set up their own shadow government, break all legal ties with Denver, and dissolve all contractual agreements.
Shadow government? And how would that work exactly? Do they collect shadow taxes? Hire shadow police? Provide shadow services?

If the Colorado legislature refuses to let some sparsely populated counties secede and/or Congress also refuses to let them secede, where do they get their legal authority?

Or do they have "shadow" authority? That means they are pretty much the same as those "Republic of Texas" nuts living in trailer parks and filing liens against property from their phony courts.

What happens when folks living in those counties refused to pay them taxes? What happens when the rest of Colorado demands that sales taxes continue to be paid by stores in the seceding counties? What happens when CO state troopers continue to enforce Colorado laws in the seceding counties?

What does the shadow government do then?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #63
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Stay in the shade?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #64
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I guess I have to explain something else. First shadow government is not something sinister. In England the opposition party puts together a shadow government from the top down. They elect someone that they want to be PM and cabinet officers. As events unfold they make their decisions as if they held the office. For example; the GOP "elects" Mitt Romney to become the shadow president. Every decision that Obama makes or should make a decision Romney will come out and announce his decision and policy. This way the voters have a direct comparison between those in power and those who wish they had the chance to be in power.
Now in Colorado they could do the same thing; elect a governor, state senators, state reps, etc. and go forward as the elected officials until such time as they are recognized as a sovereign state.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #65
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

When did England take us back. Isn't that something to worry about like Sharia law?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #66
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I guess I have to explain something else.
Yeah, that's the ticket! Just keep right on explaining stuff to us, professor.

Do you teach "shadow" courses at a "shadow" university?

Quote:
Now in Colorado they could do the same thing; elect a governor, state senators, state reps, etc. and go forward as the elected officials until such time as they are recognized as a sovereign state.
If you had taken a moment to learn anything about the basic rudiments of laws governing the secession process, you would obviously understand that "such time" is "never." Then you wouldn't continue serving up all this idiocy.

Perhaps the problem is that you have a "shadow" brain.

What happened to the relatively high-performance model you described in this post?

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...6&postcount=39

Perhaps you're going to tell us that large sections of it successfully exercised their lust for liberty and seceded!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #67
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

One of the banes of education has always been the purposely obtuse. It becomes very difficult to motivate when you don't know if it that obtuseness is genuine or faux.

Lets handle this point by point;

The "shadow government" I described exists in more than one country and it is an EXAMPLE but not the law. To believe I am describing law is near stupidity and there is no cure for stupidity.

From the outset I maintained that it is unlikely for a secession movement to succeed but not impossible. I also gave examples (backed up by another poster) where secession did happen in accordance with the laws. It is not a "high performance" model and was described as such except by you.

It is ridiculous to think a constitution would have a self destruct switch built into it but many constitutions have in their words the method and motive for a drastic change. If the northern counties use the threat of secession to call for a constitional convention or massive changes in government powers then they win. Sometimes the threat is sufficient. In 1860 the threat did not stop Lincoln from taking office as required by the U.S. Constitution.

Before you go off half cocked (that is an interesting turn of phrase by the way) do the minimum of research, a little thinking beyond the needs of your dick, and try to write without being cowardly, dull, and insulting. One of the latter three is allowable but not all three.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #68
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
If the northern counties use the threat of secession to call for a constitional convention or massive changes in government powers then they win.
How so?

Are you taking about a constitutional convention to change the Colorado Constitution or the US Constitution?

Because if you are talking about the US Constitution, then your idea is even crazier. The Northern Colorado movement can't win a popular vote in Colorado, so how are they going to win one nationwide?

Why would anyone - including conservatives - want to overhaul the US Constitution just because the northern counties of Colorado want to keep oil and gas revenues for themselves instead of sharing it with the rest of the state?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #69
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Before you go off half cocked (that is an interesting turn of phrase by the way) do the minimum of research, a little thinking beyond the needs of your dick, and try to write without being cowardly, dull, and insulting. One of the latter three is allowable but not all three.
Oh, puh-leeeeeze!

Sorry, Barleycorn, but I lost any semblance of patience with you some time ago. Your compendium of posts demonstrates beyond any reasonable doubt that you're an uneducated and quite ignorant individual. Given that, don't you think it might be a good idea to avoid blanket insults of other people's intelligence, as is so frequently your wont, and as you started out doing in the very first sentence of your opening post?

Quote:
I also gave examples (backed up by another poster) where secession did happen in accordance with the laws.
Like West Virginia?

There obviously was no issue at the time concerning possible loss to Virginia of income tax revenue (let alone large revenues from oil and gas production). Even more importantly, those promoting the new state pledged support for the Union, whereas the State of Virginia had joined the Confederacy. Don't you think that posture might have enabled the breakaway region to quickly get quite an enthusiastic level of support in Washington? If you can't understand those very simple points, and still try to hold up cases like West Virginia in a forlorn effort to support your opinion that some Colorado counties can actually break away and form a new state, there's little hope for you.

Quote:
One of the banes of education has always been the purposely obtuse.
A far bigger "bane of education" is that in all too many cases, stupefyingly ignorant people are allowed to teach. Like you, for example. You often fail to demonstrate that you've undertaken any effort at all to understand the issues under discussion.

No wonder our educational system is in such a state of decline.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #70
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

which Colorado will get the Coors plant?
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #71
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
which Colorado will get the Coors plant?
Whichever one loses the bet.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #72
BigLouie
Valued Poster

I just checked in on this on the web site of some Colorado newspapers. It's dying out as expected. They are just going to look at changing the way their state Senate is made up.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #73
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
It's dying out as expected...
Of course it is.

The attention-seeking county officials responsible for ginning up all this fatuous nonsense didn't think for a minute that the idea was actually going to come to fruition. It was obviously just a publicity stunt.

The only people who bought into it were uneducated simpletons and fans of conspiracy-mongering talk shows or websites. (Sorry for the redundancy.)
Old 07-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #74
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
I just checked in on this on the web site of some Colorado newspapers. It's dying out as expected. They are just going to look at changing the way their state Senate is made up.
According to the link posted originally, they want to create one senator per county. Good luck on that one. It will only be upheld if they can get SCOTUS to overturn Reynolds v Sims which ruled that the states must allocate based on population.
chefnerd is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women