Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews
Default The Olympics

OK, so does anyone have any thoughts on the Winter Olympics?

I was impressed with so many, but here's a few.......

Apolo Ohno - 3rd Olympics and still going strong. He has a good outlook on sports.

Bode Miller - Totally turned around his way of thinking and acting. Maybe becoming a father did have a good impact on him.

Joannie Rochette - The strength she has is amazing. She won the hearts of many.

US Hockey Team - Even though they lost the gold medal, they really proved themselves to be a damn good team.

Overall, it was enjoyable to watch what NBC allowed us to watch during normal hours. But, I wasn't impressed with the opening or closing ceremonies. After Bejing, who could really top that?
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
arealwingdinger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Having lived in Canada, I thought they did a good job. I was torn over the hockey game. Sad to see the US lose, but I know how much Hockey means in Canada. Although, while Im not positive...that was the first game the US lost...which doesnt make sense having already beaten Canada in the games.

I will say one thing and maybe this is the black helicopter in me, I have a bad feeling about the games being in Russia in 4 years. I just think waaaay too much could go wrong with that.
arealwingdinger is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #3
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

The only events I watched during the games were curling (which I stopped after the two US teams were eliminated) and the hockey tournament. It was nice that the games in which the US hockey teams were involved all began at 2:00 PM (except for the first US/Canada game). It was also interesting how NBC decided to market the US hockey team after they went through the round-robin undefeated. I think they caught so much grief after putting the first US/Canada game on MSNBC instead of the mothership or USA (each with HD feeds) that they made sure that the remaining US hockey games were shown on NBC. The US men's team did better than expected - they weren't even supposed to medal, let alone go undefeated through the gold medal game. Ryan Miller deserved the MVP vote for the tournament and may challenge Martin Brodeur as not only the best goalie in the world at the present time (depending on how the Sabres do vs. the Devils).
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Personally I quit watching the Olympics many years ago. I think its time has come and gone much like the 162 game baseball season. I just cant get into either one.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
bigblue04
Registered Member

Hockey gold medal game was epic, but damned if we didn't let those Canucks off the hook in OT. Games almost ended perfectly
bigblue04 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I found myself hooked by the bob-sledding, speed skating, and cross country ski events (got tired watching).

The location made it perfect for viewing in the US, live events hit during prime-time in the mid-west. The summer olympics in London will bring us back to tape delays, and already knowing the outcome of events before we watch them
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
The summer olympics in London will bring us back to tape delays, and already knowing the outcome of events before we watch them
I think that will be true EXCEPT for the basketball tournament. I anticipate that the 2012 "Dream Team" will have their games scheduled for 8 PM London/GMT time (2 PM Central) and be shown live on USA Network. The 2008 "Dream Team" games were shown live around 8 AM central time (9 PM Beijing time) on USA, and I believe the London organizers will probably be just as accommodating to NBC.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Hawkeye
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I hadn't been interested in the games in quite awhile, but these were the best Winter Games I can remember....from the opening ceremonies with the whales crossing the arena floor, to last night and Neil Young singing alone under the flame. By all accounts, the Canadians were wonderful, friendly, and proud hosts. I read stories of people spontaneously singing "Oh Canada" in line at Mc Donald's. Interestingly enough, my favorite event was the Women's Hockey finals. The North American women can really play, and the joy of the Canadian players afterwards was great. I'm sorry it had to end.
Hawkeye is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
roboy25
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Watched every night and loved it, although did not spend much time with the curling.....what's not to like about Shaun White? What a cool cookie, both during the half pipe and after, same on Apollo Ohno...LMAO at Plushenko ,,, what a baby!!! Stupid me left with about a minute left in the hockey final....loved seeing Neil Young in the closing ceremony, did anyone get a positive sense for the next one based on the Russians preview...not exactly uplifting...
roboy25 is offline   Quote