Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 04-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Taxes

Since this is the time to file and pay taxes (if you didn't have enough withheld), I was wondering what changes to the tax code people here would like to see changed.

I for one would like to see the itemized deductions eliminated. The only exceptions I would allow for would be medical. The state and local tax deductions are getting to be less and less with alternative minimum tax making those worthless. Mortgage Interest. Read somewhere that we are the only county that allows mortgage interest to be deducted. Other countries with income taxes don't allow the mortgage interest deduction and it had no effect on their housing market. Maybe lack of a mortgage deduction would have provided some sanity to home ownership. Chartible Contributions. Give because you want to, not because the government subsidizes it.

Investment interest and gambling deductions would offset like income and not be an itemized deduction anymore.

Keep a standard deduction, but eliminate exemptions.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
Philhelm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I'd like to see the income tax and the IRS abolished.
Philhelm is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Can I get a credit for hobby related charitable donations? I'd like that. ...got to support single moms and stimulate the economy, don't ya know....
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
I'd like to see the income tax and the IRS abolished.

...and replaced with a progressive sales tax based on net worth?
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Stop trying to use the tax code to make social policy and simplify the system enough to make tax attorneys an endangered species.

Eliminate all deductions/exemptions but reduce overall rates proportionately and remove the requirement to file a return for those in the 0% bracket--which would be much larger than it is now. Tax investment income at the same rate as earned income, but treat all investments as nondeductible IRA's: taxes are paid when the investment is sold. Remove the income cap for payroll taxes, thus funding Social Security and Medicare for a few more decades.

Oh, and if you get a refund, the IRS should owe you 18.5% interest.
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
deacon
Valued Poster

do away with the irs and go to a national sales tax. that simple and fair.
deacon is online now   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Starry69
Valued Poster

Quote:
Eliminate all deductions/exemptions but reduce overall rates proportionately and remove the requirement to file a return for those in the 0% bracket--which would be much larger than it is now. Tax investment income at the same rate as earned income, but treat all investments as nondeductible IRA's: taxes are paid when the investment is sold. Remove the income cap for payroll taxes, thus funding Social Security and Medicare for a few more decades.
I like it!
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Repeal the 16th amendment and go with the Fair tax. It would eliminate federal taxes for the truly poor (and the tax refund that they get) and give breaks for medical and food. It would also get the black or underground economy to pay taxes. A drug dealer pays no taxes on his (or her) income but that Hummer was cause them to pay sales taxes.
I would also shift the compensation packages (pay, benefits, office spaces, etc) from the federal government back to the state the representatives represent.
The age we get social security must be raised and it should give people the choice on whether they would like a private account rather than a government account.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Jg did you say your way would get the black and underground to pay taxes then follow that with something about drug dealers WOW you should be banned for sure.
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
KCJoe
Valued Poster

I don't think we will ever go with a flat tax or fair tax. Not enough revenue can be raised. I think we will eventually go to a value added tax in addition to the progressive income tax in order to get the deficit under control. Listening to Paul Ryan talk, I don't think the Repubs can be counted on reducing the deficit. In addition to the spending cuts, he wants to cut the top income tax rate by 28%(from 35% to 25%). The top bracket would be even lower than when Reagan was in office. Rather than reducing the debt, they would make all these spending cuts and then say look at all the money we've saved, let's cut the tax rate. And then we'll be back in the same spot we were before.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #11
john_galt
Valued Poster

Cheaper... Open your damn eyes, that was black OR underground economy. That means people who don't declare their income or get their income by illegal means. Dumas
Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Consumption tax. Since that will never happen - eliminate dependent deductions, if you want to have a bunch of kids that's your choice, why should I subsidize it?
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
deacon
Valued Poster

Jg did you say your way would get the black and underground to pay taxes then follow that with something about drug dealers WOW you should be banned for sure.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

#1 - Avoid cases of unprovoked rudeness to others. No place for it here. Yes, with the dynamic nature of the threads and topics, tempers will flare and things will become heated from time to time. You may often encounter individuals who become passionate or emotional when expressing one's opinion or point of view. That's all understood and perfectly acceptable within reason…….but, start slamming or bashing another member and be met with consequences.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
john_galt
Valued Poster

Is this proof that Deacon and Cheaper share the same body...whatever his name is.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women