Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 08-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122
Default experiences vs. things - wrt pay for play

hmmm,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbr.../#7c4c5d7e1c08
i read this article the other day and wondered how this concept relates to paying providers.
are we buying an experience or a thing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBradberry-in-Forbes
Anticipation matters. Gilovich also studied anticipation and found that anticipation of an experience causes excitement and enjoyment, while anticipation of obtaining a possession causes impatience. Experiences are enjoyable from the very first moments of planning, all the way through to the memories you cherish forever.
while my anticipations something overshoots the actual experience, they still put butterflies in my gut wondering how it will cum out - deliteful or not-so-deliteful.

from my 16+ yrs of experiences, about 30-40% of mine have been cherishing & deliteful [those providers KNEW how to conduct an encounter, from initial contact to a sweet text or email afterwards], 20-30% average and 30-40% not so satisfying or not-so-deliteful ["wtf did i do that for?"].

how have yours cum out??
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

interesting thread idea.. I've always said paying for experiences tops things by a huge margin, for reasons beyond the scope of the thread.. now, what are we buying exactly?

I would say experience, but your point about anticipation suggests it's not 100% experience. the memory thing is spot on, we remember the great and bad sessions in detail.. I certainly do.

I think my successes are higher.. probably like:

great/memorable = 60%

fine/not bad = 28%

horrible = 12%
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

+ 100% PMDELITES that's about my average
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
ElBombero
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

That's hard to say because the way you remember things will change over time and as your perspective changes due to other experiences. Our memories are really pretty shitty, and our internal bullshit generators will skew things even more.

But, that being said, I'd much rather spend money doing things, rather than having things. Sailing in Monterey is worth driving a Ford instead of a Lincoln.
ElBombero is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
LordoftheRim
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Interesting concept and I agree that memories can shift and change over time. In the case of the "hobby", I think there is element of comparison, maybe even more subconsciously than consciously, among experiences with various providers that may heighten or lessen the memory of the experience. No matter the "homework", pictures and reviews by others, you just don't how a "date" will unfold; however, that being said, I think I would breakdown my experiences as follows:

35%- spectacular (it stays with you for days)
20%- really enjoyable & memorable
35%- nice and enjoyable time with no regrets but
10%- memorable but in the wrong sense and can also stay with you for days (like the flu)

Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good.....
(When the levee breaks)
LordoftheRim is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women