Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59946
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47567
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: You're no longer a hobbyist when?
He helps a provider get started. If he gets her into the business, he's turning her out. Period. 8 13.11%
He screens for her. Having access to other hobbyists private info is a no-no! 17 27.87%
He accepts compensation from her, regardless of what its for. When money is involved, he's a pimp. 22 36.07%
Who gives a fuck?! 38 62.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default You're no longer a hobbyist when...

There's been some discussion lately about what makes a hobbyist a hobbyist. Apparently, there are things a hobbyist can do that will make him a pimp in the eyes of his peers. So I thought I'd get some consensus around here. Feel free to select as many as you'd like, or add some other conditions which in your mind start a hobbyists down the long, dark road to pimpdom.

Damnit, I tried to post a poll, but it was too late, so I'll just spell out the things that have been bandied around lately and let the discussion flare from there.

-------

Option A: He helps a provider get started. Doesn't matter how, if he gets her into the business, he's turning her out. Period.

Option B: He screens for her. Having access to other hobbyists private info is a no-no!

Option C: He accepts compensation from her, regardless of what its for. When the green travels in that direction, he's a pimp.

Option D: Who gives a fuck?!
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Guest031710
Account Disabled

User ID: 4985

I know a few guys who brought some nice new tail and introduced her to a few buddies first and then helped her make a free website and register on a board.
I think in their minds, they just wanted to get the thanks from a few guys for finding the hot new thing and from the lady for helping her biz. Maybe she'd throw him a great discount or something.

But when a guy is getting a cut of her biz, or actively says things like "see my ladies" or "contact me to see X" ... yeah, now he's Definitely a PIMP.

ugh!

That is why i offer free friendly advice to ladies. Very few can't figure out how to post an ad or create a website once they realize where to find these resources.
Guest031710 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
Apparently, there are things a hobbyist can do that will make him a pimp in the eyes of his peers.
I wouldn't mind being considered a pimp by my peers but I'd mind their trying to get freebies, as I'm sure they would. I mean, pay your own way, buddies

Quote:
Option D: Who gives a fuck?!
If a hobbyist takes to professionally promoting a girl, I'd want to know. In the best interest of knowing what I am getting into + the integrity of the review process. Ads are OK, provided they are posted in in the Ad section.

A civilian you've managed to entice with a donation, whom you then introduce to hobby boards: if you are not profiting from the deed, then it probably is not pimping.

Hobbyists who promote providers are usually hoping for favors (free time, true friendliness & barebacking), not monetary compensation. That's probably no big deal (except for the dangers entailed in BBing) - only being human, not pimps.
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
lisa.lisa0302
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1877
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Okay, if you refer a buddy to a gal, or a gal to a buddy, does that make us pimps, i do it all the time, a already screened client calls me, i am busy, or studying, or preoccupied, or lately the gentlemen wants a service i just don't do, i refer them to my provider friends. I do not take money from them, i don't even except a thank you. All i ask is that they treat the client right.

Now, if anyone is profiting from referring providers to clients, that changes the game, i believe that makes a Professional In A Management Position. Are you getting freebies, money, a massage or whatever. Do i think its unfair, umm maybe, but to each its own.

Everyone is grown and make their own decisions, if decisions are not causing anyone harm, then let them be. - I guess this would be option D. There are lots pimps out there, well i am Indy gal, pimps do not affect my income at all, if they want to charge cut rate prices well so be it. Plenty of options out there.
lisa.lisa0302 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
mrhunt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

If you have a bottom bitch your a pimp.
mrhunt is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

I made it a poll for you bro, I had to edit a couple of the choices because of character limitations and it will end in 10 days.

LAP
Guest062610 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
notanewbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 99

another title for this thread could be,

You might be a pimp if.......
notanewbie is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Thanks, LAP! You're a better man than I.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

In my mind, anybody who plays in this little sandbox of ours is a hobbyist. It doesn't matter what part you play in all of this, nor which side of the fence you're on, you're still a hobbyist. Providers, clients, pimps, agencies, UTR's, Massage therapists, etc, are all hobbyists. Period.

So yes, imo, a pimp is still considered a hobbyist due to the intrinsic nature of their existence--they're in this hobby sandbox.

What is a PIMP?

Is it,
A Person Into Marketing P*ssy?
A Person In a Managing Position?
A Person Into Manipulating People?
A handler? A protector? A facilitator????

I think the best definition is; one who brokers the sexual favors of others for profit or gain. What this profit or gain may be can be any number of things....something as simple as financial, or sometimes something a bit more obscure -- such as returning the favor.

I also believe that there are varying degrees of pimping.
There are those who directly manage each and every aspect of the gal's life--mentally manipulating her and preying on her fears in order to fully control her horrific existence of a life ~~>to something as simple as one person passing along some information to another.

From the stereotypical street-ho' pimp...to members who pass info along back-channels....to members who post reviews...to members who simply add comments ...to what lisa.lisa0302 said, referring a buddy, I'll bet that a very valid argument can be made that we're all doing some form of pimping to a certain degree.

So you might want to put some thought into what I've mentioned above, take a step-back, and objectively see how you and your actions fit into the pimp-equation before being so quick to pass judgment.

In some form or fashion maybe you'll find that your own moral compass isn't exactly free from deviance...

The knife cuts both ways.
SofaKingFun is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

Many a hobbyist has tried on different hats in the hobby to find out what fits best and "master" this hobby; Explorer, pimp, agent, "bitch", pussy whipped WK, black knight, stalker, hobby cop, photographer, ad writer, consultant, moderator, board owner, advertising site, cabby, private group owner, etc.. I'm am still applying for the "dead beat loser boyfriend status" - just have not found a taker.

It's a fascinating little world that is fun to explore. You can get better, wiser, more educated and hone your skills, but you will never master it. If someone is not hurting you or the review system, why fuck up their game? There is no one "correct" way to hobby. The goal is to have fun, minimize risks, and share information. If someone threatens those goals, then talk about it. All parts are needed for the hobby ecosystem and it is constantly evolving. Look at all the changes in the last 15 years!

Live and let live until it poses a threat.

~peace~
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
Htowner
Ambassador

Is there a conflict between the two?
They are not mutually exclusive.
Htowner is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
Mr. Heffner
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4
Thumbs down

Its good to see that I'm not the only one who does'nt give a fuck about worthless threads and/or polls.
Mr. Heffner is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #13
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Heffner View Post
Its good to see that I'm not the only one who does'nt give a fuck about worthless threads and/or polls.
FAIL!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Aint nobody touching my pussy..........except me.

So, I know I ain't no "pimp".

Wait....................I'm reaching down and touching it right now................OH YEAH.............THAT FEELS GOOOOOOOOD!!!!
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Dstorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htowner View Post
Is there a conflict between the two?
They are not mutually exclusive.
Well put.
Dstorm is offline   Quote