Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider60002
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35425
Mojojo33117

Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default When it first came out people thought it was a joke...

Obama has announced that he is personally via executive order going to place 12 million acres of Alaska off limits to energy exploration. That is a little over half of the Alaska Wildlife Preserve (22 million acres). Alaskans are angry especially elected representatives that were not warned, or asked, ahead of time. The king has spoken! Bow down and kiss his ass....or kick it. This is pretty high handed thing to do to the people of a state in the union. To take away opportunities for jobs when unemployment is around 10%.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pla...o?ocid=U142DHP
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

"via executive order"?

There's a reason that this place is more fucked up than usual...people making shit up all the time...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Actually, I support the designation; but not the EO process. We don't need the oil that this remote and pristine area contains. Keep it untouched. If ever in the future we need to tap the reserves found in the AANWR, then re-open it for exploration. With the massive reserves we have in the lower 48 - preserve this special place for future generations to decide.

BTW, Congress needs to reign in the EO powers of the president. But they won't. They prefer to complain about imperial presidential powers, then do nothing of substance to stop the abuses. I am thinking they love the power that is concentrated in Washington - be it in the Oval Office or Congress.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #4
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
We don't need the oil that this remote and pristine area contains. Keep it untouched. If ever in the future we need to tap the reserves found in the AANW, then re-open it for exploration. With the massive reserves we have in the lower 48 - preserve this special place for future generations to decide.
Who woulda ever thunck it? TrendingIdiot is turning into a wild-eyed Libtard, right before our very eyes!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
"via executive order"?

There's a reason that this place is more fucked up than usual......
Yes, there is.

"While Congress would have to approve a formal wilderness designation, some Alaska officials pointed out that the Interior Department would immediately begin managing the coastal plain on ANWAR, making oil and gas production all but impossible.

"Obama said the Interior Department is developing a "comprehensive plan" to protect the "very fragile" Arctic refuge."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ivan/22312741/

I suppose by some intellectual analysis a directive to an agency of the Executive Branch of OUR Federal Government from the President of the United States to develop a "comprehensive plan" to "protect" the region of Alaska in question would be construed as NOT being an "executive order," but given this administration's "track record" on ignoring Acts of Congress by the issuance of his own legislation aka "executive orders" the pretense of asking Congress to authorize drilling in the area is just that a "pretense" ignored like so many other issues that are customarily within the control of Congress.

But I suppose that some people believe that an "order" to be "an order" must be published in writing and archived in the appropriate "file" for "orders" on that particular "subject matter" with a specific sequential number assigned to it. Kinda like some whore don't think it is a "real appointment" until the "customer" gets the specific room number where the meeting for remuneration is to occur.

Is triplicate copies satisfactory or is quadruplicates required for authenticity?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I also support the removal of dams along our major waterways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Who woulda ever thunck it? TrendingIdiot is turning into a wild-eyed Libtard, right before our very eyes!
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:28 AM   #7
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Maybe Obama's use of EO's will finally get Congress off their ass to do something.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
"via executive order"?

There's a reason that this place is more fucked up than usual...people making shit up all the time...
True the article does NOT say executive order but since the Congress won't pass it exactly how is Obama going to do it???? He will do the same thing that Bill Clinton did in Utah, he will issue an executive order and that is the only way that he can make it stick. So unless you have another idea go with what I said. I will also point out that I was not QUOTING the article.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #9
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Never said you were quoting the article...in fact I said, quite pointedly, that you were making shit up when you made your OP...and commented how that was one of the reasons this place is more fucked up than usual...

Then again...facts were never a big thing in this forum...so carry on...

I'll just chuckle at all the simpletons arguing about the executive order powers, and the abuse thereof, when that isn't remotely a topic of the actual article...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

JD, please be mindful of the "actual fact" ...

............ that WU insists there is no "order" unless it is in writing.....

............ it is yet unclear as to whether or not the specific order must be entitled"

............"Executive Order" ....

............ and/or whether or not a "directive" from an agency of the Executive Branch is "actually" an "Executive Order" or is that a mere "Agency Directive"?

That is an EXTREMELY important point when the "actual" effect is NO DRILLING.

But the discourse does give WU another opportunity to portray his superior knowledge and insight into ALL THINGS WORLDLY.... to maintain his "IMAGE."
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

LL beat me to it. It does not matter how it occurs, what matters is what is being done.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
I also support the removal of dams along our major waterways.
Why?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #13
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Yea JD, it might be a Presidential Memorandum...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

SNICK!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #15
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Actually, I support the designation; but not the EO process. We don't need the oil that this remote and pristine area contains. Keep it untouched. If ever in the future we need to tap the reserves found in the AANWR, then re-open it for exploration. With the massive reserves we have in the lower 48 - preserve this special place for future generations to decide.

BTW, Congress needs to reign in the EO powers of the president. But they won't. They prefer to complain about imperial presidential powers, then do nothing of substance to stop the abuses. I am thinking they love the power that is concentrated in Washington - be it in the Oval Office or Congress.
SCOTUS is going to have to weigh in on stuff like this....Congress may or may not...ultimately, it will be up the SCOTUS to define the parameters and whether or not a POTUS has exceeded them.
timpage is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women