Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 04-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default My rights versus your rights

As Indiana and Arkansas have demonstrated, there is a divide in this country between people who believe in individual freedoms and those that don't. Once again the left is using lies and distortion to divide the people in this land. The right is failing to have a coherent message and that is on them. So let me ask the question, where do yo stand on individual rights and freedoms when it comes to commerce?

A. Do you think that the customer has the absolute right to force a business owner to serve them irregardless of the owner's personal feelings?

B. Do you think that the owner has veto power over customer requests (demands)?

C. Or do you think that the owner is the tyrant of his (or her) domain and has the power to deny any or all requests from customers?

On a broader note, do you believe in majority rule with constitutional protections for the minority (that is not minorities) as was outlined by the founders?
Or do you believe in a tyranny of the minority over the wishes of the majority?

A new Rasmussen polls shows that 70% of American support the idea that a business owner has the right to refuse services to anyone on religious objections.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._in_your_state
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #2
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

This is such a ridiculous argument.

A business owner has the right to make absolute decisions regarding his business. Period. He will be the one ultimately affected by those decisions.

And here's a news flash. They do it everyday whether the public realizes it or not and that will never change. Even if they run him out of business it will be by his decision.

Using the court's precious time over shit like this is tyranny by the minority.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

This is insane. It makes me wonder what the government is hiding from us by blowing this out of proportion. Nuclear Iran, maybe? Russian aggression? Teetering economy? Is there another scandal about to break? This isn't about cake and pizza. This is about providing cover for something serious.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

What government dull knife> States rights?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

Starbucks should have the right to refuse to sell coffee to African-Americans? Or Jews? McDonald's should be able to tell any Hispanic that walks through the front door that they won't be served and they need to get out? This is your idea of the United States of America in 2015? Should private school owners and private colleges be allowed to refuse entry to blacks and Hispanics just because they don't like them?

Wow. You people have completely lost your minds....in addition to any sense of human decency that you ever had....the truly astonishing thing about this argument is that you utilize religion to justify it. Love your fellow man. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Unless you bake wedding cakes or pizza's, I guess....then you can exercise your right to be a fucking bigot and quack that God backs your play. How ridiculous.

You are talking about returning to Mississippi in the 1950's. Where people could be refused service based on the color of their skin.

Seriously? Or is this a late April Fool's joke?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Starbucks should have the right to refuse to sell coffee to African-Americans? Or Jews? McDonald's should be able to tell any Hispanic that walks through the front door that they won't be served and they need to get out? This is your idea of the United States of America in 2015? Should private school owners and private colleges be allowed to refuse entry to blacks and Hispanics just because they don't like them?

Wow. You people have completely lost your minds....in addition to any sense of human decency that you ever had....the truly astonishing thing about this argument is that you utilize religion to justify it. Love your fellow man. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Unless you bake wedding cakes or pizza's, I guess....then you can exercise your right to be a fucking bigot and quack that God backs your play. How ridiculous.

You are talking about returning to Mississippi in the 1950's. Where people could be refused service based on the color of their skin.

Timmy, c'mon. You're smarter than this. You think that would really happen? Get in the game, bro. There will always be people who know what color and gender really matters. Green cash. Do you want to sue Hobby Lobby so you can buy knitting needles on Sunday? This is about freedom of choice, not freedom to force.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #7
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
This is insane. It makes me wonder what the government is hiding from us by blowing this out of proportion. Nuclear Iran, maybe? Russian aggression? Teetering economy? Is there another scandal about to break? This isn't about cake and pizza. This is about providing cover for something serious.
It's the 2 minute warning!
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:

So I reckon that it's ok for a group of folks fresh off a "strenuous " LGBT march to come into a family friendly restaurant inn their " marching gear " ( rainbow colored thongs...AND NOTHING ELSE!!! ) and DEMAND service from the restaurant while groping each other and threatening a law suit to the manager/owner if they are not served over the objections of the families that where already there at the restaurant enjoying their meal ! ? And to say that a person's sexual orientation is equivalent to their race is such liberal BS and cheapens the efforts of the people who fought and died for race-based civil rights. Leave it to the liberals to try to tie together two things that are TOTALLY unrelated !!
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #9
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
So I reckon that it's ok for a group of folks fresh off a "strenuous " LGBT march to come into a family friendly restaurant inn their " marching gear " ( rainbow colored thongs...AND NOTHING ELSE!!! ) and DEMAND service from the restaurant while groping each other and threatening a law suit to the manager/owner if they are not served over the objections of the families that where already there at the restaurant enjoying their meal ! ? And to say that a person's sexual orientation is equivalent to their race is such liberal BS and cheapens the efforts of the people who fought and died for race-based civil rights. Leave it to the liberals to try to tie together two things that are TOTALLY unrelated !!
You know a shit lot about gays rey. Are you still in the closet? cousin to JL?
Old 04-03-2015, 02:08 AM   #10
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:

You just did an Obama. Willful ignorance...

This is not about race or sex. No one is saying that you can or should refuse to serve someone because of race. That should remain your right but no one is condoning such behavior. What we are saying is that if someone appears at YOUR business, which you built, and that person represents some philosophy that you find abhorrent then you should have the right to refuse to serve them.

You love to trot out the whole racist mythical argument (the 1950s and the democratic KKK is over) so lets use that as an example of what we really mean. A black man walks in and wants a beer (I'm getting tired of cakes and pizza). You should serve him but you should be able to refuse. You're an idiot and will lose your business probably but it is your right to be stupid. However, if a black man walks in wearing a t shirt that says "kill whitey", or even "hands up, don't shoot" you should have the right to refuse service. This isn't even about religion at this point so lets talk about that. What is Jesse Jackson rolls into town with his entourage (that's French for pack of troublemakers) and they come to your establishment and they want you to serve their crowd which is across the street protesting. Do you have the right to say, "I will serve individuals but you will not make my place your headquarters"?

By the way, in case you missed it, Starbucks is ran by a liberal moron.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #11
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Starbucks should have the right to refuse to sell coffee to African-Americans? ....
Did you not learn anything from the recent #racetogether debacle?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:04 AM   #12
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
This is such a ridiculous argument.

A business owner has the right to make absolute decisions regarding his business. Period. He will be the one ultimately affected by those decisions.

And here's a news flash. They do it everyday whether the public realizes it or not and that will never change. Even if they run him out of business it will be by his decision.

Using the court's precious time over shit like this is tyranny by the minority.
Very true.

I'm surprised about the amount of media pressure the pro-LGBT crowd is able to generate. They didn't give up after the Duck Dynasty loss.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

How come both states walked it back, and amended the law barleycornball?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

So once again, the Liberty Loving Right pushes to legislate morality. If, as you say, a shopkeeper is going to choose to do whatever he wants with his business regardless of the rules, then why continue create rules that polarize and threaten to persecute Americans?

You don't give a fuck about freedom. With the RWWIPES it's simply about power and control. Now that the perceived threat to your "freedom" comes from more than just black people, you've got a whole new list of groups to try and "keep down." New rules. New "rights."

Your argument -- this argument -- is ludicrous.

That said, leave it to JDIdiot to be the first on the hate train. Racism, homophobia, xenophobia ... Scan the threads in this forum. More likely than not, the most ridiculous "what if" scenarios rooted in race, ethnicity and sexual orientation begin at the University of Dipshit.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 AM   #15
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
How come both states walked it back, and amended the law barleycornball?
Come on brother you know why and it has nothing to do with the validity of the law, No one in the media is mentioning that the first black President (Willy boy Clinton) signed the same type of bill into Federal law. This is simply politics and the power of special interest groups in action. Personally I think this was an unnecessary law, but I am a supporter of individual rights for everyone, not just special interest and minority groups.
dirty dog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women