Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70408
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47528
pyramider46370
bambino40313
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35351
Mojojo33117

Old 08-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Mandy Logan
Account Disabled

User ID: 149279
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Google Voice, anyone?

Hello:

I am just wondering if anyone has google voice? Do you like it & how does it work exactly?

I just signed up for it yesterday but I feel silly because I am not sure what I am doing. Do I need to integrate it with my phone (causing all my emails to be deleted from my personal phone) or what do I need to do exactly?

I really appreciate any help & advice anyone may be able to give to me!

Mandy Logan is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Mandy Logan
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Actually, I think I have it figured out now. See... Silly!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
BigTee
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

Just make sure you get the settings right or else callers will be sent to your civie phone's Voicemail and stuff. Experiment with the settings with a friends phone or your land line to make sure your callers get what you want them to get
BigTee is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
Mandy Logan
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you! :-)
Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
guest073113-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 136274
My ECCIE Reviews

If Verizion works in your area it is perfect walmart carries these prepay unlimited 2 dollars a day or unlimited 50 a month.... then there are no boboos
guest073113-2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
missroxybbw
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 156645

I use Google voice and I love it. I am able to text and talk on my phone. It prompts me whenever I am making an outbound call as to whether I want to use my phone number or my google voice number. The only downfall is I sometimes get confused for my inbound phone calls.
missroxybbw is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
Mandy Logan
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Missroxy,

I have the same issue with the inbound calls. Confusing! I just let it go to vm and hope they either leave a message or text me because I do not usually answer weird numbers, even though it is part of our business.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
Guest021817-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Good lord.....

Geta freckin iPhone...... they are that easy to use.........
Guest021817-2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
Lowboy77
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

I like google voice from a clients point if view. I use it with my iPhone and love that I can just log off and I don't have to worry about unwanted text or calls. I also like that I can turn off text forwarding and calls independently from each other. The only problem seems to be that if a provider tries to call me and this generally only happens when I'm expecting the call but the provider has is prompted to say their name after the beep and then it plays their rcording for me and I can reject or accept the call. I wish I could turn this off but do not see how to do this. Seems like a pain in the ass for the girls and they usually hang up and I call them right back but I wish I could disable that feature.
Lowboy77 is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

GV is nice. Great way to text and talk; HOWEVER, you must be the one who controls the physical bill for your phone or have the assurance your wife/SO does not scrutinize the bill. Here's why. Every call and text is logged and tracked. So when the bill comes in the mail or heaven forbid someone looks at the bill online; all those calls and texts will show up. Additionally, whenever you make or receive a call (at least from my iPhone), you need to clear it from your regular number's recent list. If you don't, then someone can look at your phone and see all these strange numbers as either calling in or calls made out. If you are relatively sure your bill is not scrutinized, then GV is good, but if you have a suspicious person around, then go with a separate hobby phone. I'm still on the fence. Been using GV for several months, but if I feel the need, will go back to a Go Phone. Hell, for 40 bucks, you can't beat it.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
jframe2
Valued Poster

If you are married or have an SO then-
Run, do not walk from Google Voice, no good will come from it in this world of ours.

There are alternatives, that will give you a completely second phone line, for 8-9 bucks per month. Do some research.

No offense to the OP, but if I see that a provider is a bit "loose" in her Comm Security, I move on. To me it is that important.

NOTE- had several phone calls with an ATF and she mentioned she had a GV # before she called to my burner phone. We talked twice over about 20 minutes. Within 5 minutes of our last call, I got a call from a number in the same AC as her GV#. I thought it was her calling again and answered. It was an automated call from a business in the AC of her GV#.

Beware the GV!!
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #12
Glynette
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 148632
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowboy77 View Post
I like google voice from a clients point if view. I use it with my iPhone and love that I can just log off and I don't have to worry about unwanted text or calls. I also like that I can turn off text forwarding and calls independently from each other. The only problem seems to be that if a provider tries to call me and this generally only happens when I'm expecting the call but the provider has is prompted to say their name after the beep and then it plays their rcording for me and I can reject or accept the call. I wish I could turn this off but do not see how to do this. Seems like a pain in the ass for the girls and they usually hang up and I call them right back but I wish I could disable that feature.
If you log on to your Google Voice and go under the call tab, you will see a call screening option. Uncheck that option and it will leave all of the name prompting.
Glynette is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
abd321
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

I have been using google voice for quite some time, but just recently started for hobby purpose. So far it has,been working just fine for me. The only issue I have is that I have designate a valid forwarding number in order to get /make calls. F anybody has found out how to use GV without setting a forwarding nbr please let me know. Another odd thing i have noticed is that if I use a diff. GV account on my main phone, I can receive calls, send/receive text, but cannot call anybody.
abd321 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
SuthrnSam
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 112190
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynette View Post
If you log on to your Google Voice and go under the call tab, you will see a call screening option. Uncheck that option and it will leave all of the name prompting.
Hey Glynette,
Where exactly is that? I'm slow, because I've used GV ever since march, and only MONDAY did I realize it was also an APP for my HTC Gents keep saying "I've texted and you don't reply", and I'm like WTF? Then, download the app, and all a sudden, over 100 texts roll in LOL!!!

But where do you change all those options at? I'd love to disable the name thing.
SuthrnSam is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Glynette
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 148632
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd321 View Post
I have been using google voice for quite some time, but just recently started for hobby purpose. So far it has,been working just fine for me. The only issue I have is that I have designate a valid forwarding number in order to get /make calls. F anybody has found out how to use GV without setting a forwarding nbr please let me know. Another odd thing i have noticed is that if I use a diff. GV account on my main phone, I can receive calls, send/receive text, but cannot call anybody.
GV is set up only to forward calls. You can call from GV. Either download the GV app from the google play market or dial your number (from the phone it's set up to forward to), select the main menu option (it's set up to go directly to voicemail) then select the make a call feature. Follow the prompts (less than three steps) and the call will be place with your GV number showing. Another method (( only good for text msgs at the moment ~ will not effect calls made )) is setting up the return call feature in the settings menu under the call tab and find the option that says 'display my google voice number' under the calls outgoing category. This will allow you to text a reply to any number that contacted you through google voice, but will display your gv number instead. NOTE: GV keeps a log of texts incoming and outgoing using this feature, deleting regularly is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthrnSam View Post
Hey Glynette,
Where exactly is that? I'm slow, because I've used GV ever since march, and only MONDAY did I realize it was also an APP for my HTC Gents keep saying "I've texted and you don't reply", and I'm like WTF? Then, download the app, and all a sudden, over 100 texts roll in LOL!!!

But where do you change all those options at? I'd love to disable the name thing.
I have my google chrome set up in classic view, but I'm pretty sure the format's going to be the same no matter what web browser, (even in HTML format for slower connections)

The settings tab doesn't say settings. When you open up and log into google voice on your comp, you'll see a gear icon in the right hand corner with a drop down box. settings will be under that. select that and you'll find useful tabs for setting up your forwarding number, switching voicemails, name prompting, email notifications (( email notification is essential if you don't have a text plan on your hobby phone or don't want to download the app as it's the ONLY way you will be alerted to text messages in your inbox as well as voicemail transcripts initially.))

Hope that helps.
Glynette is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women