Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 06-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #106
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobersnotch View Post
open carry is just going to result in a massive spike in gun violence and gun deaths. It's inevitable, because you gun nuts are so goddamn racist and afraid of minorities. the only reason you want to carry a gun around is so you can be the next George Zimmerman.

There will be thousands more Dylann Roofs thanks to open carry.
I was in Louisiana for a few days last week and didn't see one open carry gun owner. You can legally open carry without a permit as long as you can legally purchase a firearm. The permit is needed if you want to conceal.

Open carry or not, you can't stop a fucking idiot like Dylan Roof.

sixx
Old 06-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #107
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
I was in Louisiana for a few days last week and didn't see one open carry gun owner. You can legally open carry without a permit as long as you can legally purchase a firearm. The permit is needed if you want to conceal.

Open carry or not, you can't stop a fucking idiot like Dylan Roof.

sixx
You can stop him and/or minimize damage if you have a firearm yourself.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #108
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante0322 View Post
Ooops!

Below is the correct ruling on 2nd amendment rights. Anything else is gun control and against the meaning of the second amendment

Absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico made a decision supporting gun owner's rights. SCOTUS has made decisions that go against gun owner's rights.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #109
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico made a decision supporting gun owner's rights. SCOTUS has made decisions that go against gun owner's rights.

The last decision by the US Supreme Court was in favor of gun owners rights, and it was a more substantial issue than the tiny rulings permitting limited regulation in the past. SC decisions have upheld limited regulations but no banning gun ownership. Under rulings and case law statutes seeking to screen who can purchase a gun have been upheld under the same precedents under which other categories of persons such as convicted felons which have been disqualified by states for decades. Most decisions have been judicial review of municipal or state laws.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #110
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
I did not initiate the discussion. So much for calling me ignorant and parochial. I agree with you 100% that people focusing on mass killings ignore the fact that they make up a small portion of the 8,500 or so gun homicides in the U.S. every year. We have a problem in the U.S. that gun rights groups ignore. Try comparing homicide deaths by handguns in our country per 100,000 people vs. similar countries such as Canada, U.K. , Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, etc. Then tell me we don't have a prblem.
Gun deaths in the US are higher than unified and homogeneous modern societies like those in western Europe or east Asia.

However gun violence in the US is lower than in places like Venezuela, Columbia, Trinidad, South Africa, and many other societies like the US which have a history of crime and violence and which also suffer from extreme levels of income and wealth disparity like the US.

American society has always been based on the English model of class division, have-and-have-nots, indifference to lower classes, therefore crime, then added to that the English and Scotch Irish practice of moving into others' lands and enslaving people to do labor on Manors or Plantations. Take slavery for example. All Americans who owned slaves were of English or Scotch Irish descent, or they were African-Americans or Jews. There wasn't a single slave owner in America of Italian, German, Dutch or Scandinavian descent.

These social pressures have always made for crime and the need to defend against it whereas other places like Germany or Finland or Korea never had these dire social ills.

Unfortunately we live in a place where self defense is necessary.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #111
pussycat
Valued Poster

The other ethnic factor of American gun violence is that it's perpetrated almost entirely by disadvantaged groups - African Americans and hispanics.

If you remove the gun crimes perpetrated by hispanics and people of African descent the rate of gun violence in America is lower than that of Belgium.

Another factor to consider is that over half of people killed by firearms are suicides. Less than 50% of people killed by firearms are killed in a criminal situation.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #112
pussycat
Valued Poster

I am a traditionalist and I believe that everyone should have the legal right to carry a concealed weapon.

However carrying such weapons openly for everyone to see is unnecessary. It's not meant for self defense. It's meant only to offend and intimidate others. It causes tension and fear and is a disturbance of the peace and harmony of the community.

For this reason I oppose open carry for citizens as well as for police.

And once again I repeat that in the 19th century in the days of law enforcement such as Bill Hickock and Bat Masterson and Wyatt Earp that all these famous lawmen carried their weapons in their clothes and not openly.

That's because people were more polite and considerate of others than they are today.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #113
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
The other ethnic factor of American gun violence is that it's perpetrated almost entirely by disadvantaged groups - African Americans and hispanics.

If you remove the gun crimes perpetrated by hispanics and people of African descent the rate of gun violence in America is lower than that of Belgium.

Another factor to consider is that over half of people killed by firearms are suicides. Less than 50% of people killed by firearms are killed in a criminal situation.
Can you cite your sources?

sixx
Old 06-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #114
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

Figures you have no idea what the article says. You only see one view point. Read the article again. PR used the SCOTUS decision for their decision.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2015, 06:11 AM   #115
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

There are approximately 8500 firearm HOMICIDES in an average year in the U.S. Suicides are not in that number. Agree that most homicides are probably by disadvantaged groups. Unfortunately we can't remove any segment of the population from the 8500 number. It is what it is and it's not good.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #116
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Figures you have no idea what the article says. You only see one view point. Read the article again. PR used the SCOTUS decision for their decision.
I was not referring at all the the decision in Puerto RIco when I mentioned decisions by SCOTUS. I was referring to, for one, the recent SCOTUS ruling that upheld N.Y.'s very strict policy on issuing CHLs. A significant loss for gun right's people. Also, the fact that in 2014 SCOTUS declined to hear 4 Second Amendment cases that sought to clarify the rights of people to carry handguns outside their homes. Significant losses for gun rights advocates. Gun owners in this country have significant freedoms but they are not absolute as you would like them to be.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 AM   #117
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
However gun violence in the US is lower than in places like Venezuela, Columbia, Trinidad, South Africa, and many other societies like the US which have a history of crime and violence and which also suffer from extreme levels of income and wealth disparity like the US.
Venezuela, Colombia, Trinidad, and South Africa are not comparable to the U.S. in just about any way. We are a wealthy country with a (somewhat) stable government built on sound principles. Yes we have income and wealth disparity but if you've ever been in truly disadvantaged countries you would understand what I mean with my first statement.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #118
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Venezuela, Colombia, Trinidad, and South Africa are not comparable to the U.S. in just about any way. We are a wealthy country with a (somewhat) stable government built on sound principles. Yes we have income and wealth disparity but if you've ever been in truly disadvantaged countries you would understand what I mean with my first statement.
White middle class people from European ancestry perpetrate gun crimes in the same rate as white middle class people in Europe. Asian middle class American perpetrate gun crime at the same rate as Asians in Asia.

The issue here is culture and attitudes and practices of violence therein.

America is violent because it's a "melting pot" inclusive of violent cultures.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #119
Mike Vronsky
Valued Poster

Quote:
I did not initiate the discussion. So much for calling me ignorant and parochial. I agree with you 100% that people focusing on mass killings ignore the fact that they make up a small portion of the 8,500 or so gun homicides in the U.S. every year. We have a problem in the U.S. that gun rights groups ignore. Try comparing homicide deaths by handguns in our country per 100,000 people vs. similar countries such as Canada, U.K. , Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, etc. Then tell me we don't have a prblem.
Our problem is gun free zones and the government trying to disarm people!

Over the decade and a half studied, the researchers found 23 incidents of mass shootings in the other 10 countries, resulting in 200 dead and 231 wounded. In the United States over the same period, there were 133 incidents that left 487 dead and 505 wounded.

Here are a just a few examples of mass shootings in other countries:

• On July 22, 2011, a total of 80 people were killed in Norway when Anders Behring Breivik, a political extremist, bombed a government building in Oslo and then went on a shooting rampage on the island of Utoya, just outside the city.

• On March 11, 2009, in Winnenden, Germany, a teenage gunman killed 15 people. The majority of the victims were children and teachers killed when the shooter opened fire in three classrooms in a local secondary school. The gunman shot two other people before killing himself after being cornered by the local police.

• On Sept. 23, 2008, in Kuahajoki, Finland, a gunman shot 10 people to death after opening fire on a classroom in the Kuahajoki School of Hospitality. After killing the students, the shooter burned the victims’ bodies.

In sum, then, Obama is wrong to say that "this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries." Clearly it does happen elsewhere, and not in trivial numbers. Seven of the countries saw double-digit numbers of people killed in mass shootings during that period.

By contrast, the second part of Obama’s claim -- that "it doesn’t happen in other places with this kind of frequency" -- isn’t entirely off-base.

We compared mass shooting incidents across countries is to calculate the number of victims per capita -- that is, adjusted for the country’s total population size.

Calculating it this way shows the United States in the upper half of the list of 11 countries, ranking higher than Australia, Canada, China, England, France, Germany and Mexico.

Still, the U.S. doesn’t rank No. 1. At 0.15 mass shooting fatalities per 100,000 people, the U.S. had a lower rate than Norway (1.3 per 100,000), Finland (0.34 per 100,000) and Switzerland (1.7 per 100,000).

We’ll note that all of these countries had one or two particularly big attacks and have relatively small populations, which have pushed up their per-capita rates. In Norway, that single attack in 2011 left 67 dead by gunfire (plus additional bomb casualties). Finland had two attacks, one that killed eight and one that killed 10. And Switzerland had one incident that killed 14.

Still, while the United States did rank in the top one-third of the list, the fact that three other countries exceeded the United States using this method of comparison does weaken Obama’s claim that "it doesn’t happen in other places with this kind of frequency." In at least three countries, the data shows, it does.

Elsass warned PolitiFact of a few caveats about the data. While they believe their database "to be among the most exhaustive compilations available," Elsass noted that it may not include every instance of mass shootings. It also doesn’t include every example of mass killings -- just those committed by firearms, even though mass stabbings are not uncommon in such places as China. Finally, their database doesn’t include acts generally considered to be terrorism, such as the attack in Paris on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

"If these were included, we are likely to see something much different statistically as there have been a number of very high-profile terrorist attacks in Europe, some including the use of firearms, that are excluded from the current analysis," she said. But in all likelihood, this would only make the case against Obama’s claim stronger.

The bottom line is that it’s unwise to take these numbers as gospel -- but the figures from this database are clear enough to cast significant doubt on the accuracy of the specific claim Obama made.

Our ruling

Obama said after the church shootings in Charleston that "this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn’t happen in other places with this kind of frequency."

The data shows that it clearly happens in other countries, and in at least three of them, there’s evidence that the rate of killings in mass-shooting events occurred at a higher per-capita rate than in the United States between 2000 and 2014. The only partial support for Obama’s claim is that the per-capita gun-incident fatality rate in the United States does rank in the top one-third of the list of 11 countries studied. On balance, we rate the claim Mostly False.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #120
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Our problem is gun free zones and the government trying to disarm people!
We are half way through 2015. How many homicides have there been in gun free zones in the U.S.? Let's take away the number of people killed in the average year in gun free zones. In past years a handful of homicides have occurred in gun free zones. Out of approximately 8,500 yearly homicides by firearms. So I would venture to say the firearm homicide problem in the U.S. is not due to gun fee zones.

What we don't know is how often gun free zones have prevented homicides. I work in a gun free building. There has never been a violent crime of any kind committed on the premises to the best of my knowledge. Should management allow guns on the premises? I don't think so. There are probably hundreds of thousands of gun free buildings throughout the U.S when you take into account schools, colleges, government buildings, banks, night clubs, bars, etc. A few years ago at a strip club in NE Austin, 2 guys got into an altercation inside the club where handguns were banned. No one shot. They went outside and one of the guys got a gun out of his vehicle and shot and killed the other guy. Gun free zone worked in this case. The question is how often such a scenario repeats itself. I don't know.

I'd like to know what you mean when you say the government is trying to disarm people. Do you not have the firepower at your disposal to defend yourself? Is the government trying to do anything that will take your right to self defense away? What additional freedoms would you like that you currently don't have regarding your perceived right to bear arms?
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women