Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47565
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 05-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #76
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Leave my Mex I cans alone anf go after welfare reform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
..."In general, has there been a study that reflects the true cost of illegal aliens, versus the true benefit of them, factoring in reduced expenses for the services they provide, and the societal costs they require society to incur?"...he deflects it down an asswipe non answering road.

I know of no such study guys. .
I do...and if I remember correctly it was about a wash.

The Federal Government comes out ahead , while local and state governments do not fare as well.

This one isn't the one I'm talking about but its a start.
http://washingtonindependent.com/551...gal-immigrants
The overall positive impact for U.S. households of legalizing these workers over ten years would be “1.27 percent of GDP or $180 billion.”
The findings are consistent with previous studies that show economic benefits from the legalization of illegal workers.

Here is another....my memory is bad. Looks like they are a net plus, even to the states.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/economy/illegal-immigration-provides-benefits-states-despite-rhetoric/
The most thorough study on the fiscal and economic impact of immigration was done by the non-partisan Texas Comptrollers’ Office in 2006, which showed Texas earned more in taxes and economic output from illegal immigrants than governments spent to provide services.
According to the Comptrollers’ office, state and local governments spent $1.16 billion to provide services like education, health care and safety, but raised an estimated $1.58 billion in tax revenues. Based on the data, the Texas taxpayer made a $424.7 million profit on its illegal immigrant population in 2006

“The Texas economy cannot adjust completely to the loss of this labor [through the removal of illegal immigrants] and retain its competitiveness,” the Comptrollers’ office said in its report.

Question....Do any of you buy goods made from overseas made from non Americans? If so your patriotic yell for our workers rings hallow.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #77
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYKXquc2Q7w
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #78
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Freeport is close to my old stomping ground.

My I suggest we trade Freeport for Cancun.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #79
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Question....Do any of you buy goods made from overseas made from non Americans? If so your patriotic yell for our workers rings hallow.
You asking Me this question?

I don't recall making some "patriotic yell" about workers? Remember, I'm the capitalist pig who is only about the money.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #80
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Remember, I'm the capitalist pig who is only about the money.
Oh please, keep talking dirty.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #81
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

The capitalists cause their own problems when the executives get multiple million dollar bonuses at the same time they extort the employees to take pay cuts.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #82
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Oh please, keep talking dirty.
Get a room you two
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #83
Black Sedan
Premium Access

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Do any of the rest of you get the same feeling that when you listen to TTH, your listening to your wife or ex-wife?
No not at all, he's usually well informed and clearly communicative. If my wife was anything like that, I'd still have one. LOL.
Quote:
I know of no such study guys. It would be interesting to see. My personal belief is that they contribute more than they take...but I don't know. But the main reason I don't think there will ever be much of an answer for this is...Most politicians don't want to piss off the hispanic vote by requiring compliance with immigration laws, but those same politicians also don't want to piss off the labor vote by legalizing a cheap labor force that takes jobs, so that once legalized, we can enforce immigration. So, we just remain here in limboland.
I agree with the your assertion of the impact. Studies which look at some tax revenue broken down by immigration status suggest that it is true, even without the economic boost to GDP from lower labor costs included.

It is just as politically charged for a professor to get a grant for such a study.
Black Sedan is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #84
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Get a room you two
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #85
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Listen folks - this issue makes for strange bedfellows and hypocrites of all of us to some extent....to deny that is to well...be in denial....

I'm a whore for a deal...I'll admit it...if I can get my house painted in the same quality fashion and save some coin, I don't care what the man's skin color is or papers say (so long as I'm appropriately insulated from any legal consequences).

On the other hand, I firmly believe you shouldn't reward someone for breaking the law to get into this country. If there was a serious clean up, I would support it and live with the higher prices.

If that was to happen, I shudder to think of what would happen to my grocery bill. Imagine the cost of food if it was actually picked by American citizens.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #86
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Skin color has nothing to do with it.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #87
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Skin color has a lot to do with the legislation/situation in Arizona. One of the biggest objections to the legislation is it would lead to profiling -- brown-skinned U.S.-born Juan would be subject to some inconvenience because he looks like illegal Juan.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #88
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
How the hell do you people come up with the notion that immigrants don't pay taxes? Texas governmental entities fund themselves on two principle sources of taxes -- sales taxes and property taxes. Immigrants pay the same sales taxes and the same property taxes that you do. To the penny.

As far as Federal taxation, they may not pay income tax is they have a cash job, but neither to millions of Americans who have cash jobs. And most make so little, that they would not make enough to be among the 53 percent who would owe income tax in any event. And substantial numbers of undocumented workers who obtain jobs with false documents do in fact pay Social Security taxes and other payroll taxes, but never get any benefits. They also pay Federal fuel taxes, Federal taxes on telephone services, etc.

Do you have any research or any logic that would suggest that immigrants don't pay taxes? The notion makes no sense of any kind.
TexTushHog...

Give us a break! I don't think that even you believe your argument. I give an example where some tax is not paid, and your argument is to say:

Quote:
How the hell do you people come up with the notion that immigrants don't pay taxes?
I know, as do you, that some americans cheat, and don't pay their taxes. Yes, I do expect that are larger share of illegal immigrants do not pay their taxes, as they believe doing so poses a greater risk to them than not doing so.

Quote:
Do you have any research or any logic that would suggest that immigrants don't pay taxes? The notion makes no sense of any kind.
I think WTF's post had a decent start on exactly some such research in that area.

As far as WTF's comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I challenge you to buy a television or laptop computer, made wholly here in the USA. To do so will require a very exhaustive search, and require a huge cash outlay. To say that those of us who profess to promote american workers, and by buying anything made overseas, is a "hollow" effort... is entertaining. I'm willing to promote american workers, not give them a free 21 day cruise to the caribbean. LOL

Quote:
ATL and 69r, you all made the fatal flaw of using one of the words that allow them to deflect from the question, rather than address the conceptual question being asked. You know the words...no, all, always, never, etc. Instead of answering the question which was..."
Rudyard, I'll stick by my posting. There is not a, no, all, always, never, etc. I believe my posting is quite clear, as I carefully worded it for the exact reason you post. I believe a sizeable percentage do not attempt to pay the taxes they realize they owe.
69er is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #89
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You asking Me this question?

I don't recall making some "patriotic yell" about workers? Remember, I'm the capitalist pig who is only about the money.
Don't go feeling all guilty on me now RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69er View Post

Has anyone ever seen a decent example of such a study? I'd be really interested in how this truly works out. My guess is that it might be pretty close. Even if it were a slightly net negative cost, I would be for it, just from the standpoint of supporting my fellow citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69er View Post

As far as WTF's comment:

I challenge you to buy a television or laptop computer, made wholly here in the USA. To do so will require a very exhaustive search, and require a huge cash outlay. To say that those of us who profess to promote american workers, and by buying anything made overseas, is a "hollow" effort... is entertaining. I'm willing to promote american workers, not give them a free 21 day cruise to the caribbean. LOL

So you have no problem with capital moving freely across borders but labor is another story
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #90
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
The capitalists cause their own problems when the executives get multiple million dollar bonuses at the same time they extort the employees to take pay cuts.
cap·i·tal·ist
Function: noun
Date: 1781
a person who has capital especially invested in business

There is a difference between a capitalist and the executives of which you complain. They are not synonymous. My capital? Damn right, pays the bonuses to me. I don't extort anything. It's a volunteer system. I volunteer my capital...employees volunteer their time and energy. We both get paid.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women