Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59982
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 06-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #46
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/06/sarah-palin/was-trash-talking-british-part-paul-reveres-ride/

Revere didn't intend to warn the British of anything, but when captured he boasted...so you could call that warning if you really, really want Palin to be right about something. Simple enough. The rest of her statement was dead wrong (no shock there).

Now, what really got my attention was Palin stating that she was asked a GOTCHA question. Here's what Palin said: "In a shout-out, GOTCHA TYPE OF QUESTION that was asked of me, I answered candidly." Here is the sneaky, brutal question that the lame-stream media attacked Palin with: "What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?"

Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #47
herfacechair
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
Revere didn't intend to warn the British of anything, but when captured he boasted...so you could call that warning if you really, really want Palin to be right about something. Simple enough. The rest of her statement was dead wrong (no shock there).

Now, what really got my attention was Palin stating that she was asked a GOTCHA question. Here's what Palin said: "In a shout-out, GOTCHA TYPE OF QUESTION that was asked of me, I answered candidly." Here is the sneaky, brutal question that the lame-stream media attacked Palin with: "What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?"

That was one of the implied intents of his mission.

People must see this from our founding father's eyes, not from our 21st Century interpretation of things.

Our concept of rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness derived from the British' philosophy. Prior to "pursuit of happiness," the colonials used the one from the British, which stated that we had the right to life, liberty and property. This concept is based on English Common Law.

In the UK, and throughout her domains, you understood that you could never walk unto someone's property, and confiscate it without due process of the law. This property included the right to bear arms... a concept we also inherited from the British.

When the regulars got the disarming mission, they already knew that this wasn't going to be an easy mission. Their best hope was that the colonials would hand over their arms, and to allow the regulars to walk away, with their weapons in hand. When they heard the bells, weapons and drums, they knew that the colonials weren't going to give their arms up.

The patriots were willing to stand their ground, but, at the same time, people didn't really want to fight the regulars over it. Not yet anyway. Most were hoping that war would be averted. One of the hopes was for the regulars to "come to their senses," when they heard the alarms. That didn't happen.

Under English Common Law, or Natural Law, you didn't always spell things out. Many of the rules, and intentions, were "unwritten." Even the British constitution was unwritten... this contributed greatly to our eventually revolting against them... lose interpretation of a law that wasn't written. This was common back in our founding father's day.

When Paul Revere was captured, he didn't see the regulars as "them," and the colonials as "us." Both sides were hoping that this wouldn't come to conflict. So Paul Revere was being "matter of fact" when he told the British what he told them. His statement backed one of the implied intent of his mission... to let the regulars know that they can't just take our property... in this case, arms... away from us.

Now, how was Paul Revere, his battle buddy, and the other two man teams going to go about that? By activating the alarm system, a system that has been in place since the medieval period. The primary purpose was to get the colonials on line. One of the secondary purposes was to warn the regulars that they were not going to be getting what they set out to get. If this would've succeeded, the first purpose wouldn't have been needed.

Sarah Palin was right on point, and dead accurate, with what she was trying to convey. Not just on one point, but on the vast majority of her points. She didn't get that point out effectively though, stumbling in the process of explaining something she had just brushed up on.
herfacechair is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Rewriting history

The war with Mexico in 1848 was justified as a fight over illegal immigration.

I agree Sarah at times is seriously misunderestimated and has a ton of people in the lamestream media trying to refudiate her claims to history knowledge and being able to see Russia from her kitchen.

How does that kool aid taste anyhow?
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #49
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Sarah Palin never said she could see Russia from her kitchen. That was Tina Fey on SNL.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #50
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #51
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008
It's merely semantics. The neo-Cons such as Deacon, HFC, fritz, COG and their leader JG all know the context of what catnipper's "quote" is about. But if you put in an "a" instead of an "an", they will claim that is not what that person said. The context is what is important.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #52
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Two completely different statements. Read, fellows! The nastiest comment you made was that I am a neocon. I am not.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 AM   #53
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Two completely different statements. Read, fellows! The nastiest comment you made was that I am a neocon. I am not.
Neither am I.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #54
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default NeoCon

NeoCon is kinda like having a name of an STD.

So if you say I am not a NeoCon we know you don't have Herpes but likely just the clap?

Liberals don't get STDs.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #55
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnipdipper View Post
Liberals don't get STDs.
I'm learning that liberals on here don't get much of anything.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #56
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I'm learning that liberals on here don't get much of anything.

Some, not all please.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #57
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Liberal

I think Liberals have a much more tolerant and acceptance of a broader view point in life.

The other side seems to be a bunch of pasty white, horned rimmed glasses, fraternity boys that strike me as feeling entitled and the masses be damned not to mention the sacred individual.

Frankly they piss me off.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #58
thorough9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Paul Revere warned the British...

The British...

British
thorough9 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #59
Dondo7
Valued Poster

I know one thing, I bet Palin gives one hell of a hummer
Dondo7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #60
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Catnip, I think you're right about some liberals. I know George McGovern, and there was never a kinder, more decent man in public service. He was the same in public as he was in private. A rare commodity these days. But overall, today's liberals are just as closed minded and intolerant as conservatives. Politics is no longer about serving the people, it is about obtaining and maintaining power, whatever the cost.

And even though Palin turned out to be accidentally right about Paul Revere, she fits into that category as well. She got a few moments in the national spotlight, and became addicted to the attention.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women