Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47585
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Isn't the solution obvious?

You guys got all whipped up and made a 10+ page about firearms. Your leader in this thread (a convicted criminal that sold stolen guns to criminals so they could use them to kill people) claimed that his opinion was MORE valuable because he was a lowlife with EXPERIENCE. Then you all circle-jerked around a 3rd grader's notion of what the 2nd Amendment means for the last half of the thread.

I ask you: Where in the 2nd Amendment does it specifically state that you have the right to own and use explosives?

You know...the FIRE in FIREARMS. The 2nd states that you have the right to bear ARMS (not FIREARMS), and the SCOTUS recently (and wrongly) reversed decades of law to declare that right as an individual right. But it doesn't say shit about your right to bear FIRE (explosives).

So guess what. Gunpowder and the exotic explosives used in primers are fair game. Your expensive 45 or AR will become expensive paperweights.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
cynic
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

FYI, the so called "explosives" that you are referring in your argument that we are not allowed to have firearms (I'm guessing that you are actually talking about the cartridges, since you mention that the guns will become expensive paperweights) is the very gunpowder that you state is fair game. Therefore, your entire argument is invalidated by your own words.
cynic is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
duckrangler
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
I ask you: Where in the 2nd Amendment does it specifically state that you have the right to own and use explosives?

You know...the FIRE in FIREARMS. The 2nd states that you have the right to bear ARMS (not FIREARMS), and the SCOTUS recently (and wrongly) reversed decades of law to declare that right as an individual right. But it doesn't say shit about your right to bear FIRE (explosives).

So guess what. Gunpowder and the exotic explosives used in primers are fair game. Your expensive 45 or AR will become expensive paperweights.
Sorry, but not even the federal government considers smokeless powder as "explosives." Smokeless powder is FLAMABLE, but it's NOT an explosive. When I used to shoot competatively, I'd buy powder 8lbs at a time, along with 5000 primers. And there are no restrictions on the ownership of primers, just like there's no restriction on the ownership of matches.

Secondly, if you think that the founders who wrote the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution didn't include gunpowder (black powder, in those days) as part of the "arms" to which they were referring, look up General Gage and Concord.

Finally, explain to me how it is that in the Bill of Rights, the word "people" means something different in the second amendment than any other amendments (even though all 10 were ratified and adopted at the same time,) especially when you consider that the federal government, states, and "the people" are all specifically mentioned to differentiate them.

BTW, before Heller, there was NO settled case law on this, and the SCOTUS finally (and rightly) incorporated the second amendment as an individual right.

Mark
duckrangler is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
VegasStud
Account Disabled

Encounters: 22

And I thought he had a solution....guess not. Back to the ml
VegasStud is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
bigryan222
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

I cant decide if the OP was trolling, dumb, or drunk. Either way I wont visit this thread again.
bigryan222 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I vote for drunk. Any decent mind can make gunpowder with charcoal, sulphur, and saltpeter. Todays rifles use IMR powder and not blackpowder. I do have several handguns and a couple of rifles that use only blackpowder. You know, like Jesse James. I don't think they shot people in those days. They just pushed in the bullets with their fingers. Doesn't everyone know that firearms were uselss until they invented the semi-automatic.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #7
deacon
Valued Poster

how much gun powder was used in the okc bombing? how many children did the us government kill in waco? have another drink genius
deacon is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Black powder was a explosive modern gun powder is a propellent.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
deacon
Valued Poster

The constitution provides US citizens the right to bear arms. The SCOTUS would surely rule that those arms would be effective/usable.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
deacon
Valued Poster

longermonger has the right to breathe in oxygen but it is apparent that he forgets on occasion...
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckrangler View Post
Sorry, but not even the federal government considers smokeless powder as "explosives." Smokeless powder is FLAMABLE, but it's NOT an explosive. When I used to shoot competatively, I'd buy powder 8lbs at a time, along with 5000 primers. And there are no restrictions on the ownership of primers, just like there's no restriction on the ownership of matches.
Black gunpowder, black gunpowder, and modern powders are LOW EXPLOSIVES and are *used as* propellants. They are placarded as EXPLOSIVES 1.3.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckrangler View Post
Secondly, if you think that the founders who wrote the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution didn't include gunpowder (black powder, in those days) as part of the "arms" to which they were referring, look up General Gage and Concord.
If you think the founding fathers did consider gunpowder as an "arm" that they could bear, then provide proof. Gunpowder is a war material. Gunpowder is a supply. It is not an arm.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigryan222 View Post
I cant decide if the OP was trolling, dumb, or drunk. Either way I wont visit this thread again.
Adiós! I'll hold you to your word.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I vote for drunk. Any decent mind can make gunpowder with charcoal, sulphur, and saltpeter. Todays rifles use IMR powder and not blackpowder.
Explain how you make the chemicals used in primers.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #15
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Black powder was a explosive modern gun powder is a propellent.
No. Wrong.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women