Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 04-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #46
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
NFL Draft - in a couple o' WEEKS??

Really??

... I'm pretty sure it's April.

Bahahaha! ...

#### Salty
Yes, the NFL Draft happens every April. Camp in June. Preseason in August. Regular season in September.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:33 PM   #47
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

It is exciting to see the Pirates playing some good baseball, and I am having fun actually watching games and caring about the result. But let’s have some perspective before we say that the team is on the right track. Who knows? Maybe this is an indication that they are, but it still is only 23 games. By analogy it would be like the Steelers starting a year with a 2-1 record (approximately). It’s certainly a great start, but that’s all it is - a start. The talent on this team is not really comparable to that on some of the real contenders. You have guys like Conner Joe and Jack Suwinski putting up numbers that (probably) aren’t sustainable for them. Ditto for the starting pitching - they likely aren’t going to be able to keep up what they’ve done during the last 12 games or so.

Personally I am enjoying the hell out of it and dreaming about big things, but IMO, reality likely will set in at some point, and this team will go back to being mostly irrelevant later in the season.
Smarty1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 04:32 PM   #48
yinzerpgh
Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
...And their future is much brighter than the Penguins. I guess you prefer their Ownership? The Fenway Group is an absentee owner of the Penguins. They don’t even list the Penguins on their website. They’ve alienated Mario. He’s awol. He doesn’t go to the games anymore...
I personally was not happy that the Pens were sold to none other than the Fenway group. Isn't it ironic that the winter classic was in Boston at Fenway?
Anyway, yes, they've alienated Mario, but allegedly he's in FLA supporting his sons golf career. I for one can read between the lines, but that's the official reason Mario is no longer attending games (he did attend one game last season, to benefit ill children or something. He actually was on the ice for it).
The Pens firing the big wigs in the front office right after the season ended was a great sign that someone does give a fuck about them. Nutting has proven his "desire" to put a good team on the field year after year after year. If the Bucs are still in the top 10 in the league in June, then I'll pay attention.

Lastly, not going to Pirates games is an excellent way to show Nutting that (many) Pittsburghers are fed up with the way they manage the team. I support the history of the Pirates, but I will not support the Nuttings until they consistently put a winning team on the field. Call it fair weather or what you want, but who wants to watch their team lose nearly half of their games?
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 04:43 PM   #49
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerpgh View Post
I personally was not happy that the Pens were sold to none other than the Fenway group. Isn't it ironic that the winter classic was in Boston at Fenway?
Anyway, yes, they've alienated Mario, but allegedly he's in FLA supporting his sons golf career. I for one can read between the lines, but that's the official reason Mario is no longer attending games (he did attend one game last season, to benefit ill children or something. He actually was on the ice for it).
The Pens firing the big wigs in the front office right after the season ended was a great sign that someone does give a fuck about them. Nutting has proven his "desire" to put a good team on the field year after year after year. If the Bucs are still in the top 10 in the league in June, then I'll pay attention.

Lastly, not going to Pirates games is an excellent way to show Nutting that (many) Pittsburghers are fed up with the way they manage the team. I support the history of the Pirates, but I will not support the Nuttings until they consistently put a winning team on the field. Call it fair weather or what you want, but who wants to watch their team lose nearly half of their games?
Don’t you think Nutting realizes the better the Pirates are, the more people will show up? It happened during 2012/2015. That wasn’t eons ago. Nutting is a multi billionaire, you’re really not hurting him financially if you don’t go to the games. You’re hurting the local businesses, vendors at the park etc. the team is substantially better than the last few years. If you enjoy baseball, why not go? Who gives a fuck about the owner? It’s a great venue and in my opinion, a better environment than Steelers games. I listen to the Fan everyday. The enthusiasm for this team is tremendous. From the callers and the commentators. People get it. Go to PNC and have some fun.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 04:54 PM   #50
yinzerpgh
Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Don’t you think Nutting realizes the better the Pirates are, the more people will show up? It happened during 2012/2015. That wasn’t eons ago. Nutting is a multi billionaire, you’re really not hurting him financially if you don’t go to the games. You’re hurting the local businesses, vendors at the park etc. the team is substantially better than the last few years. If you enjoy baseball, why not go? Who gives a fuck about the owner? It’s a great venue and in my opinion, a better environment than Steelers games. I listen to the Fan everyday. The enthusiasm for this team is tremendous. From the callers and the commentators. People get it. Go to PNC and have some fun.
I personally believe that, if Nutting can make a few bucks, he's happy enough with the status quo. He obviously doesn't care about winning any pennants or else he would...win pennants.

Serious question; does he go to the games? Maybe he's just a superfan of baseball and wanted to go to every game in the season and figured he could buy an MLB team instead of buying season tickets lol
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #51
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I personally believe that, if Nutting can make a few bucks, he's happy enough with the status quo. He obviously doesn't care about winning any pennants or else he would...win pennants.

Serious question; does he go to the games? Maybe he's just a superfan of baseball and wanted to go to every game in the season and figured he could buy an MLB team instead of buying season tickets lol
They won 98 games in 2015. They were considered a legitimate WS contender. They brought in Burnett, Martin, Marlon Byrd and Mournue to help put them over the top. It wasn’t Nuttings fault they ran into Buamgardner/Giants in 14 and Arietta/Cubs in 15. Those pitchers were unhitable those years and dominated in the WS. Nutting then fired Huntington and brought in Cherrington. Things are moving in a positive direction again. Small market teams have a razor thin margin for error. He offered Reynolds the highest contract in Pirates history. Over payed Hayes. He’s trying to keep players around. To say he’s not trying to win is misguided. They have a brighter future than the Pens.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:02 PM   #52
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:

Nutting rarely shows his face for good reason. Plus he’s busy counting his luxury tax money!
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 07:14 PM   #53
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Nutting rarely shows his face for good reason. Plus he’s busy counting his luxury tax money!
Rooney has one press conference per year. He also counts his luxury tax money. Who actually owns the Penguins? I don’t think they’ve showed up in Pittsburgh yet. They also count their luxury tax money.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:46 PM   #54
tommy156
BANNED

Pirates are among the most profitable teams in all of baseball. That's what happens when you have a beautiful ballpark and don't spend any money on the team. Nutting has no incentive to change his ownership style. Gonna be like this for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:59 PM   #55
bambino
Valued Poster

They’re 25th in revenues. Their valuation is 24th. 1.32 billion

https://www.totalsportal.com/list/ml...ghest-revenue/

Oakland is 29th in revenues but make a higher profit than the Pirates. And they’re moving to Vegas.

Here’s a comprehensive list of MLB franchise financial data.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/gi...023-season?amp
Old 04-24-2023, 09:54 PM   #56
tommy156
BANNED

Beg your pardon. Perhaps my info was outdated. Well, good, maybe the local boycott really is driving down revenues. I don't have any high hopes with Nutting in charge, but who knows... maybe a blind squirreling...
Old 04-25-2023, 05:03 AM   #57
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
Beg your pardon. Perhaps my info was outdated. Well, good, maybe the local boycott really is driving down revenues. I don't have any high hopes with Nutting in charge, but who knows... maybe a blind squirreling...
The Pirates are 9th in profits. Which means he’s an astute business person because the revenues are low. Revenue determines how much you can invest back into the business. The Pirates will never have the payroll the Yankees, Dodgers, Mets do no matter who the owner is. Unless that owner wants to go bankrupt. I would wager the payroll will go up the better they get.

On a surprising note, the Pirates are 9th in merchandise sold. People like that Pirate swag.

https://twitter.com/kiki5851/status/...0AMolspcYxY9QA
Old 04-25-2023, 07:39 AM   #58
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
It’s either the boycott or most rational people have said enough is enough and would rather spend their entertainment dollars on something else. One good month. One! There will be more, and the suckers will get excited then reality hits again.

Rinse and repeat!
Bahahahahahahahahahaha

NFL draft is Thursday!! Snuck up on me.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:50 AM   #59
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
It’s either the boycott or most rational people have said enough is enough and would rather spend their entertainment dollars on something else. One good month. One! There will be more, and the suckers will get excited then reality hits again.

Rinse and repeat!
Bahahahahahahahahahaha

Who’s a sucker? If you like baseball you’ll go. If you hate Nutting and stay home with your hate that’s on you. You hate Tomlin too. The draft is primarily his show. Are you going to tune out of that too?
Old 04-25-2023, 09:03 AM   #60
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:

Rinse and repeat!
Bahahahahahahahahahaha

Who’s a sucker? If you like baseball you’ll go. If you hate Nutting and stay home with your hate that’s on you. I’ll go to see the Dodgers as much as the Pirates. Because I’m a fan of the game. You hate Tomlin too. The draft is primarily his show. Are you going to tune out of that too?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women