Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 12-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #6226
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I do not believe that JJ will win this years MVP but until the NFL announces otherwise, I am on the JJ for MVP bandwagon.

I have been a Houston football fan since the Oilers first year (1960) and I believe JJ is the best football player to wear a Houston uniform.

Yes, that includes Earl Campbell!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #6227
Guest040616
Account Disabled

I also do not believe that JJ will win this years MVP but until the NFL announces otherwise, I am on the JJ for MVP bandwagon!

I have been a Houston football fan since the Oilers first year (1960) and I am now convinced JJ is the best football player to wear a Houston uniform.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #6228
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
It wasn't so much that I thought he sucked, I thought he was not ready, that he needed to sit for a year and learn. How is his team doing so far?
I thought I saw a comment from you referring to Bortles as Shaub 2.0.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #6229
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

So Clowney sees Dr. James Andrews today.
I've heard and read from multiple reports that Clowney was in obvious pain when working out so more than likely the problem isn't solved and it will require full blown surgery to repair.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #6230
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

I don't think so.

In fact, besides the great Earl Campbell, consider these past players who also wore the Houston Oiler uniform at one time or another during their careers:

Mike Munchak '82-'93
9 time Pro Bowler

Curley Culp '74-'80
6 time Pro Bowler
NFL Defensive POY, 1975

George Blanda '60-'66
lead Oilers to 1st two league titles, AFL history
AFL POY, 1961
(note: his 36 TD's in 1961 were most ever in NFL/AFL history until surpassed in 1984 by Dan Marino with 48 TDs)

Bruce Matthews '83-2001
14 time Pro Bowler

Elvin Bethea '68-'83

Not to mention John Henry Johnson....Ken Houston....Charlie Joiner.....and Warren Moon.

All the aforementioned names.....Earl included....are all enshrined members of the NFL Hall of Fame.

It's human nature to get caught up in the moment; we're all guilty of doing it....memories and experiences can get a little vague over the years. What you're seeing today is obviously an extremely talented...and often times, the most dominating football player on the field that particular day.

But Watt's story is still in it's infancy stage when you begin stacking it up against players of the past. To say he's already the "best ever" is slighting an awful lot of accomplished ballplayers who the fans of Houston football cheered for many moons ago. Watt will probably join them (someday)....but in the meantime, you might want to slow your row on the best ever anointment.

Better than The Tyler Rose? Wow....how soon we forget.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex
I am on the JJ for MVP bandwagon!

I have been a Houston football fan since the Oiler's first year (1960) and I am now convinced JJ is the best football player to wear a Houston uniform.

???
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #6231
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I guess it's easy to diss Earl if you never saw him play...maybe you guys need to watch some film.

oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #6232
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldscum View Post
I guess it's easy to diss Earl if you never saw him play...maybe you guys need to watch some film.
I did not "diss" Earl in any way, shape or form! As for never seeing him play, I was a season ticket holder and was in the stands for almost every home game and the few Oiler games that I did not attend (mostly on the road), I managed to see on tv.

I have always thought Earl was one of the all time great NFL RB's. Bum summed it up best, "If Earl ain't the best RB of all time, it won't take long to call roll." Earl was the rare back who could run with power, speed and illusiveness. When he ran over Isaiah Robertson, it was a run for the ages! The same could be said of his 80+ yard TD run against the Dolphins on MNF.

I still believe that Earl was/is the greatest player in the history of the Oiler/Titan franchise. If there was a knock on Earl, it would have been longevity. Unfortunately, he is paying a heavy price for all of those hits today.

I just happen to believe that JJ is slightly better and hopefully he will be a premium player for a longer period of time. Mine is a personal opinion and nothing more. Accept it as that!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #6233
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I still believe that he is the greatest player in the history of the Oiler/Titan franchise. I just happen to believe that JJ is slightly better!
Logic much?
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #6234
jstone420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Straight Houston oilers by itself damn a Tennessee titan
jstone420 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #6235
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
I thought I saw a comment from you referring to Bortles as Shaub 2.0.
Not Bortles, that was Zack M. the Titans QB.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #6236
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Um, Ok?

Quote:
That one interception that Bortles threw was a classic Schaub throw. Here is the scouting report on him.

He is methodical in his set up and delivery of the ball, and didn't place the ball well in this contest, forcing his receivers to make tough grabs rather than hitting them in stride. Several of Bortles passes were close to being completions but instead fell just out of the reach of his intended targets. It was a hot and cold performance similar to several of Bortles' other games this season, including against South Carolina, Louisville and Penn State.

If he were to bypass his senior season at UCF, Bortles' skill-set is exciting enough to earn a first round selection. Considering the number of QB-needy teams selecting in the top 10, he could earn a pick that high.

Bortles remains a considerable work in progress, however, and didn't show the improvement as a passer in the Fiesta Bowl to build upon the positive momentum he'd had entering the game. According to Phil Savage, executive director of the Senior Bowl, Bortles received a second-round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee.
Quote:
Bortles could be Matt Schaub 2.0
Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #6237
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

There will never be another cement shoe wearing Dopey!!! He is one of a kind. They broke the mold after they made him, primarily because the mold maker new he fucked up royally making a slow footed, weak armed, crossed eyed QB.

Kubes fucked Ol Dopey too with his bullshit no audibles allowed predictable as fuck play calling.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #6238
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

I'd take the 2009-2010 Dopey over anyone that's been available to us other than Peyton Manning.
Who knows WTF happened to him. He had a 4000 yd season after the injury so it wasn't that. Kubiak did hamstring him, no doubt. I think he just lost his love of the game for a multitude of reasons. He definitely lost the team.

Speaking of Manning, I heard someone on the radio opining that Eli's cap hit is minimal(relatively speaking) and since Coughlin is most likely done in NY there it's a high possibility Manning gets cut. Houston would be a preferred destination for Manning. I like his toughness but he's just way too inconsistent.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #6239
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Eli Manning? Fuck that, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, he has had a lot of success, but I think it's because he's had a horseshoe stuck up his ass for a couple of those years. He has had a lot of games where he has looked awful.

Would rather just roll with Savage or draft someone.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #6240
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Fuck that, anybody named Manning is welcome to be a Texan and play QB for us in my book, including Archie or the limp dick other son that has erectile dysfunction or whatever the fuck he has. Should have taken Peyton but Kubes and McNuttless said "we have our QB".

Eli would be an upgrade to anything we have ever had but I agree he has been sketchy except when we played the Giants with the great defensive scheme of not covering the WR's until they are 15 yards downfield. Maybe the horseshoe fell out of his starfish after Coughlin anally raped him over his stupid throws. If I were Eli I would fight like a Mfer to stay a Giant with Odell Beckham and Rueben Randle catching my wounded ducks.
Daddio is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women