Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47401
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
donuts
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default recommendations for hobby phone?

i'm in the market for a new hobby phone. which ones do you guys recommend? which ones should i avoid?
donuts is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Horatio
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 19

Definitely a pre paid phone that is not traced to you. One that has a good sized screen for internet searching and maps. I recommend the Samsung Galaxy S4 or Note 3. It has come in handy for me plenty of times.
Horatio is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #3
Monica13
Cock Whisperer

User ID: 178936
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I used to use a phone called total call. you can get refills at gas stations or there is a place online to buy refills. I like getting them at the gas station because i don't have to use my name at all.
Monica13 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
Alyssa XOXO
MILF w/TRUE GRIT!🐕🐶💛

User ID: 191007
Location: Alyssaxoxo2016@hushmail.com I Only Reply To THIS EMAIL/SEE AUTO REPLY 🐕
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Talking

Track Fone from Walmart. Reloadable and nontraceable...... And make sure to always pay cash for the refill minutes unless using a throw away nonregistered gift card....
Alyssa XOXO is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #5
donuts
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

which one has a good pay-as-you-go or daily plan? also, should i just buy a sim card and use an old phone? or just buy a new phone altogether?
donuts is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
RedLeg505
Oral Aficionado

Encounters: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa XOXO View Post
Track Fone f
That's what I use. Pay for the refill cards anywhere with cash, reload as needed. No link to me whatsoever. You do have to provide an email address.. so I use my hushmail email address I use for hobby contact
RedLeg505 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews

I use Boost Mobile and I have the Samsung Galaxy 3. You pay monthly, but NO contract, NO record of calls or text messages. If you don't pay, they just cut it off. You pay, it gets turned back on, simple. You start out paying paying 55 or 60 a month, unlimited EVERYTHING, calls, text, and internet. The have a "Shrinkage Plan", if you pay on time for 6 months, they knock off 5 until it gets as low at 45 a month. You do pay full price for the phones, I bought mine at Christmas time at RadioShack and got a great deal. Walmart, Target, Best Buy, RadioShack, just about all electronic stores will have Boost Mobile.
Good luck finding the right phone for yourself.
Nicolet is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
Bera Birsha
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuts View Post
i'm in the market for a new hobby phone. which ones do you guys recommend? which ones should i avoid?
I recently researched a hobby phone and decided on a Nokia Lumia 520 for AT&T. It's runs Windows Phone 8, has a 4" screen, 4G speeds, dual core processor, GPS, and 8GB of storage. It has a removable micro-SIM card and can be used on AT&T or any AT&T MVNO (H2O, NET10, Straight Talk). I bought mine on Craigslist for $50 cash. Microsoft Store has them on sale for $59 and free shipping.

Since this is a dedicated phone for a limited purpose, I wanted something that was inexpensive and had e-mail, internet, and mapping. The 520 has fit the bill perfectly and I consider it to be an exceptional value for the money.
Bera Birsha is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
NTFunGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I just use Google Voice. It's free, easy to set up, and you don't need to buy a totally separate device. You can just turn off all of the forwarding when not in use.
NTFunGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #10
Alpha_Male
Valued Poster

Encounters: 107

Don't trust Google.

Don't understand why you would buy a smart phone as a hobby phone. I buy something cheap and get 2 phones of the same type. One I keep in my car and tell the SO it is for the times I forget my phone at home or work. That way there is no question on the hobby phone if it is found. Harder to justify having 2 smart phones.
Alpha_Male is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
CharminEyes
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Unless you really, really need to do email, maps, etc on your Hobby phone, go for a dumb old candy bar phone (feature phone). Remember that the smart phones are just like your computer - it leaves a trail no matter where your go, every search you make on it will be tied to your particular phone, and more than likely a photo was taken of you when you bought it. If you want a smart phone, the best thing you can do is to buy it second-hand without the seller having your personal information. Look on Craigs List, email them from a new email account set up for that one transaction, pay cash for it and then delete the email account when you are through. And, of course, don't send those emails from your own computer unless you have to. And if I seem paranoid, it's just because I know phones and computers and what goes on behind the scenes.
CharminEyes is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #12
Ordinaryguy52
Registered Member

Encounters: 13

Tracfone for me. I keep it buried in my car until needed.
Ordinaryguy52 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
Bomb Pop
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I have a LG tracfone that offers triple minutes with every fill-up. I never run out of minutes (texting is less expensive). Reload every 90days for $20 and it keeps on goin'. Not the greatest phone, but a good burner.

Google voice has been known to show actual numbers not it's number every so often, and if you forget to turn it off your real VM will answer for you.
Bomb Pop is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #14
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
Don't trust Google.

Don't understand why you would buy a smart phone as a hobby phone. I buy something cheap and get 2 phones of the same type. One I keep in my car and tell the SO it is for the times I forget my phone at home or work. That way there is no question on the hobby phone if it is found. Harder to justify having 2 smart phones.
It depends on your status, if you don't have to hide anything from anybody, it's not a issue at all, you don't need a hobby phone. ( oh how I hate the word hobby used in this business)
dreamvacationdates is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #15
salo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates View Post
It depends on your status, if you don't have to hide anything from anybody, it's not a issue at all, you don't need a hobby phone. ( oh how I hate the word hobby used in this business)
Thank you.
salo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women