Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 372
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160382
Yssup Rider59878
gman4452896
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47470
pyramider46370
bambino40294
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35238
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default the hotel business

Hotels are everywhere.....big towns, small towns, upscale, budget.

There is no unique product differentiation in the hotel business...it's just a place to sleep. How good a business can it be ? And where does all the funding come to build them ? Maybe mostly from franchising.....but even so, building a hotel is not an inexpensive proposition.

We do see many of the budget range hotels get resold and renamed. Wonder what the return on investment is.

In the old days, the phone in the room was 1 of the big revenue sources.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

I wish I could donate Google to you.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Yabadabbado
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Sir there’s a difference between a hotel and a motel. A hotel has various revenue streams. Catering being probably the biggest, not to mention most upscale hotels are in the 260 range per night for a base room. In motels, which normally have about 40 rooms, imagine flipping a room 10 times a day at 25 dollars. Multiply that at the amount of rooms. It’s not a bad business. The biggest thing is own the real estate you sit on, so make money plus have value if you sell. Hotels, honestly, make money off of rooms but they have so many revenue streams besides that. Room service, the bar, etc and most hotels own what they are sitting on so it’s always that value again. The Omni galleria has been rebuilt 3 times behind floods. It’s money there sir.
Yabadabbado is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #4
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

In Las Flores Hotel in Nuevo Progreso they have one room at $100 a night... it has a jacuzi as I remember and a stripper pole and they dont mind if you take a chick there for the night either.
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
3Sum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Here what I know. My father is a developer in NY and has done many office buildings and hotels for clients.

Hotel usually owned by a corporation. Motel usually owned by individual, say LLC. I noticed most Motels here in south is owned by Middle Easterners. They raise money to build one by family groups, small organization, or money coming overseas from Middle East.

They build a motel on a location they think the value will go up in 5 to 10 years. They hire a staff, pay taxes (except cash for horn dogs like us who use it for an 1hr or 2hrs), and they crack even or take a loss on the business (it’s a business write off). 5 years or 10 years down the line, a real developer with deep pocket offers them the double triple what they paid for on land so the real developer can build shopping centers, apartments, condo, etc. You get the picture.

Bottom line is they build motels on speculation that the land value will go up, not the business. Guess what so far it’s been true since beginning of time; land value will always go up. I personally know a guy who owns several Palace Inn who turned a million into several to hundreds of million in profits on the sale of the land.

A group outside of NY offered my father to some motels and he turned it down. They are cheap when using building materials and when it comes time to pay for work. All most all gas stations and motels here in Houston is owned by a Middle Easterners. Very smart business minded.
3Sum is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:28 AM   #6
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

^^^ that is the most sane post, and spot on, I might add, that's been said here in like.......forever ?
bbkid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women