Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59906
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47514
pyramider46370
bambino40310
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
JessicaKnightly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 139802
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Windows 8

I have a new laptop with Windows 8 and it is driving me crazy. If I slide my finger across the mouse pad too fast, the start screen comes on. When I slide my finger over to the scroll bar on the right of my screen, the charms pop up.

Does anyone else have the same issues?
JessicaKnightly is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Still using Vista myself, but I have heard of the annoyances with Windows 8. I like Vista, because it works well with IE, Firefox, and Chrome...I use all 3 at the same time bwahahhaa.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
proudoftexas
Not banned yet

After being a PC guy all my life, I went with Apple about 3 years ago. I've never regretted it.

I do work on Windows 8 computers at times. I loved Windows 7. Not sure how big of a winner Windows 8 is going to be. In theory, I love all the interconnectivity with the Windows products, but it does seem like there's a learning curve.

One of the reasons I recommend Apple to folks, is that the support system is so much better than Windows.

None of that is much help, but if you do get in the market for a new computer, check out Apple in an Apple store. They're more expensive, but for me the support system (and the integration between my other Apple products) makes it well worth it.
proudoftexas is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
John Bull
Valued Poster

There are several programs, some free, that will tame Win8 and make it more like a Win version that you like. Go to CNET or ZDNet and look thru the Win8 discussions and you'll find them - or just Google for them.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
CarolineDavenport
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 141714
My ECCIE Reviews

Personally, I put a Windows 7 shell on it. I hate Windows 8 with a fiery passion. I have never before wanted to throw a computer with devastating force until I unboxed this one and got a taste of Windows 8. It is utterly confusing and overly difficult to perform even the most trivial of tasks. It seems to make no sense for a computer format. Perhaps I'm just grumpy and set in my ways, but I've never before agreed with the complaints of others about a new Windows program until this one. Not even Vista and its introduction of the UAC.

Windows 8 is the work of the devil.
CarolineDavenport is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
JessicaKnightly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 139802
My ECCIE Reviews

Dear Software Engineer,
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure.
In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Smoking 10.3, Boozing 2.5 and Saturday Night Pubs 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I cannot keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run some of my other favorite applications like Night Club 4.3, Dance ‘n’ Drunk 2.0 and Bachelor Party 7.77.
I’m thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the UN-install Does not work on this program. Once I tried to uninstall Wife 1.0 but got this error “General protection Fault in module House Security. The UN-installation will abort.”
Can you help me, please!!!
Regards,
Desperate User
Ref: Upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 Wife 1.0
Dear User,
This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Wife 1.0 is actually an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by its creator to Run everything.
It is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to UN-install, delete, or purge Wife 1.0 from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this. Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than the original system.
Look in your manual under “Warnings-Alimony/Child Support” which was given to you at the time of registration with Wife 1.0. I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and just deal with the situation. Having Wife 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Partnership Faults (GPFs). The best course of action will be to enter the command C:\>APOLOGIZE.
In fact I would suggest you use this command every time Wife 1.0 crashes on your system. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high maintenance. Consider buying additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Chocolates 5.0 or Movies 4.5, which will improve the performance of Wife 1.0.
Do not, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.
Best of luck,
Tech Support.
JessicaKnightly is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

The problem with Windows 8 is that new start menu is really designed for touch screens as opposed to a regular mouse.

Most of the regular programs allow you to exit that annoying Start menu and go back into the traditional Windows desktop though.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
cumalot
Registered Member

Encounters: 14

Window8 Error: 001 This will end your Windows session. Do you want to play another game?
Window8 Error: 002 No Error - Check again in 10 seconds
Window8 Error: 003 Broken window. Path not found - phone Glazier
Window8 Error: 004 Erroneous error - Nothing is wrong (just testing)
Window8 Error: 005 Multitasking attempted - System confused
Window8 Error: 006 Kelvin error: Type Mismatch - phone Kevlar
Window8 Error: 007 System price error - Inadequate money spent on hardware
Window8 Error: 008 Invalid property assignment. Promotional literature overflow - Mailbox full
Window8 Error: 009 Unexplained error - Please tell us how this happened
Window8 Error: 00E Mouse not found - A mouse driver has not been installed. Please click the left mouse button to continue.
cumalot is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
ZedX79
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

I've been using windows 8 for over a year now and I think it's a fine OS. As for your issues, it's simple to disable those gestures. What model laptop are you using?
ZedX79 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
LeilaniBebe
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 22302
My ECCIE Reviews

Windows 8 is mainly designed for touch screen, very simple and easy OS.
So don't even bother to buy a new PC without a touch screen.
LeilaniBebe is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

User ID: 81791
My ECCIE Reviews

It sounds like you need to go the the Genius Bar.
KatieKatie is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Pistol Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Thanks for this thread. Now I don't feel like a total anachronism just because I am still using Windows XP-Service Pack 3. All my business software runs just fine.

Bought my wife a new computer this time last year and it came with Windows 7 - she has threatened to throw it out the window several times - problem is - the drop is not far enough to damage the computer!!

I know I will be forced to change when I upgrade business computers and you will hear my scream loudly. Microsoft's problem is that they are constantly "improving" the software. And every improvement creates a challenge for us old folks!!

I would switch to Apple but there is no professional tax and accounting software that runs on a MAC. And why pay the price to use it like a PC? You still have the PC issues!!
Pistol Man is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
cumalot
Registered Member

Encounters: 14

I agree PM I'm still using Windows XP-Service Pack 3 for the same reason, every time I get a new computer the first thing I do is get a new hard drive for it and put Windows XP-Service Pack 3 on it, but the drivers are getting harder to find that will operate on the new computers. At some point I'm going to have to give up, bite the bullet and upgrade, but how do you upgrade the old operator that's stuck on the old technology? I turned over one day and there was Windows 7 and then I woke up and there was Windows 8. I thought I was having a daydream, but turns out it was a nightmare.
cumalot is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
budcud
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Windows 8 will never take hold you will see a new version ( Patch ) soon I think. 8 Sucks dirty balls big time.
budcud is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Edsel

I've toyed with Windows 8, but frankly, was not impressed.

Instead of tinkering around the edges with cosmetic changes, Microsoft needs to completely redesign their operating system from the ground up and they should start with the aggravating longest time required to just boot up the damn system. It should start up immediatly like a television set, not like my grandmother on a cold morning.

There is way too much garbage in their code.

They really should scrape the entire thing and start fresh, but it's too much trouble.

. . . Sometimes, these companies trumpet their new products with a lot of fanfare, but then it turns out to be just the next Edsel. Doomed from the start!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women