Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40250
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #46
daratu1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsf1129 View Post
@daratu1: Thanks for the info and taking the time to answer my questions, I have learned a lot about security from this thread and I appreciate it!
You're welcome. Sharing knowledge is what boards are all about. :-)
daratu1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #47
jframe2
Valued Poster

@ daratu1: thanks for the props. you helped with good input for the Guideline as well.

@ Newbies and others: situational awareness is key to privacy! Whether it is in communications (phone, text, email) or location ( before arriving at a playdate and leaving a playdate).

Keep your wits about you and all should be fine!
Have a great and safe weekend to all!
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #48
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Listen to your gut feeling. Personally, I think a lot of the advice provided is sound/solid but a little on the over-kill to the point of being paranoid.

Hobby phone is a must. Separate hobby e-mail is a must but don't see the need for separate hobby computer used only where free wi-fi is available. Yes, I know all about cookies and IP addresses being logged. If you are so concerned about that, then you don't need to be in the hobby b/c you'll spend all of your time covering tracks.

I think the OP concerned walking into a LE sting. Best advice to avoid a sting is this:
1) Listen to your gut/big head and not your little head.

2) Don't see unreviewed providers. Also, see providers with recent reviews (i.e. within a month of 6 weeks). A provider with a break in time between reviews could be a red flag.

3) Avoid "BP Only" providers or any other providers that use websites without links to reviews.

4) Try to see touring providers. Touring providers know their business. They are less apt to be "flipped" by LE for a sting operation.

6) Use "word of mouth" to get the low down on LE activity in the area. Get to know fellow hobbyists in your area and set up an e-mail group. Daily exchange of info may alert you to LE activity that is on-going. For example, there's a group of us where I live. One guy posted about LE busting strip joints for drugs and sex.

7) Read the alerts section of boards

8) Cross reference potential providers. If a provider is a member of ECCIE and another board and has reviews on several review boards, it is a good sign she is not LE.

9) Revert back to rule 1.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #49
daratu1
Valued Poster

@Cpalmson: Exactly right and by far the best rule ever.

Think with your big head.

Really, it's not thinking with your big head that will get you in trouble.

Your other points are dead on, but number one is first for a reason.

I personally don't use point 6. But I am paranoid, so that's why.

@Jframe: Exactly right about what I mentioned with situational awareness. Also, thank you.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #50
Jimmiwad
Account Disabled

Encounters: 23

Damn, this sounds like a "Mission Impossible Mission". Do you really go to all that trouble to see a provider? Pick out one from eccie, make a date via P411 and enjoy...
Jimmiwad is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #51
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

"Jimmiwad, just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

Guest080312-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #52
daratu1
Valued Poster

@GaryVee: exactly.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #53
freakscene
Registered Member

Thanks for all of the advice in this thread. As someone who is considering entering the hobby, I think the best post was the one that said don't. Made me take a step back.

My two biggest concerns, are LE, and STD
freakscene is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #54
ronin_unchained
Registered Member

Default you guys make me paranoid

I have gone to massage providers for years, both in commercial settings and in homes. I have never asked for, or received, any additional services, but I'm sure some of the ladies I have gone to would provide such services, and do. The thing is: since I haven't gone to a masseuse looking for sex, I never considered that I might get caught up in a sting, though I might. If I did get caught in a sting, the State would have no case, and may have a civil rights case on their hands. It's not illegal to get a massage, even at someone's home...even if she's sexy and advertises that. If she isn't licensed properly, that's her problem; I am not a code enforcement officer or a tax collector.

I have to believe that you guys and your throw-away phones, fake names, and general paranoia are basically taking away any plausible deniability you might have had. Personally, if I wanted to try for extras, I would do the same thing I always do: find some girl from CL or BP who don't out-and-out say she's a hooker, call her to see if she's available, and show up for my appointment. Once there, I'd pay the normal fee plus a $100 tip, and see if she gives me a BJ. If she does, she's not a cop, and if she just takes the tip and gives be a normal massage, she's not a hooker. Either way, it would be a lot cheaper than buying special phones, new computers, and driving to every McDonalds in town. Worst case, she is a cop and arrests me on the basis of a large tip; case is dropped the next day, and six months later I settle my civil rights case against the city for $20 grand in hush money.

It seems to me like you guys are being suckered by this identity verification cottage industry, which is probably going to turn you in anyway.
ronin_unchained is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #55
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

That is certainly one approach Ronin. If it works for you, then awesome! Stay with it.
Other guys choose to do it differently, and that is awesome too!
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #56
Panama Grey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Default Plausible deniability? Of course.

1. The hobby phone has nothing to do with illegal activity, it has to do with not wanting my normal phone number to be in the hands of random strangers who might call with unsolicited requests.
2. The extra effort to keep the PC cleaned up is common sense, there are too many wicked nasty things you can get from the internet.
3. The separate e-mail accounts prevent spam from getting to my normal e-mail account. Like wearing rubber gloves when you clean the bathroom - you don't really HAVE to, but it doesn't hurt.

None of those have anything to do with illegal behavior, just being prudent.

None of us want to do anything illegal. Right?

Be careful out there.
Panama Grey is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #57
King_Louie
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpmg789 View Post
I just wanted to say as a newbie myself (I will admit I have lurked like the OP for a year at the idea), I have always wanted to know the basics of avoiding being caught. I mean that is the the challenge I think we all have. I would like to say thanks for the tips as well. Getting knowledge from our wise members is always a plus. Seeing from the providers side is also just as helpful. I for one don't want the provider to be any more nervous than I am when I show up. My second biggest fear is messing up something I should have known and I don't want to mess up either.
Could not agree more....
King_Louie is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #58
ridemyrazorback
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

I read this whole thread during lunch and have had quite a few of my concerns answered.
Thanks to all who contributed.
ridemyrazorback is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #59
rrtx88
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Good thread. it would be great if sketchball could come back to this thread to see if there were any other tips/advice he had for the other newbs
rrtx88 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women