Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160187
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4
Default wakeup's thread hijacking

what constitutes thread hijacking?

I got pointed for allegedly doing it.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1060927812

moderator wakeup says "get back on topic". I didn't see any off topic threads.

and I asked why? he points me.

apparently I got under his skin for questioning him on that thread.

this thread was about the cruz/beto debate and was well with the topcial range related to the debate.

I don't know what standard he uses.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #2
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default C'mon Dilbert!

It was in the Political Forum - It's not like the points were real!!

Although I do agree to some extent... Wasn't the Political Forum started because of all the Thread Hijackers derailing all the other threads with their warped political opinions?!?

Isn't that what was desired - All the thread hijackers in one place??
Ed Highlight is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 AM   #3
Spit It Out
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Another whiner about points?
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time!
If WakeUp tells you to stay on topic, that’s your warning.
Don’t get stupid about it.
You begged for them.

I find this thread disrespectful to staff, what say you WakeUp?
Spit It Out is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:04 AM   #4
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

I saw your post before you got points, and frankly it looked like you were taunting. I have sparred with wakeup a few times, but I have not found him to be unfair. he had stated "get back on topic", and your taunt itself was off-topic.

I think the Mods generally speaking, are a forgiving bunch. if I was in charge, I would ban about 7-8% of all the accounts on ECCIE. that is my unscientific conclusion regarding the number of flat-out Trolls and ne'er-do-wells on this site, the number that never contributes a morsel of worthy comment.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #5
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
It was in the Political Forum - It's not like the points were real!!

Although I do agree to some extent... Wasn't the Political Forum started because of all the Thread Hijackers derailing all the other threads with their warped political opinions?!?

Isn't that what was desired - All the thread hijackers in one place??

i don't know if the forum was created for that purpose.

but if the purpose was to herd all the thread hijackers in one place, and control the way threads develop, it didn't work. Thread drift is a regular occurrence in any debate. that's the equivalent of trying to herd cats.

so, yeah, I'm questioning wakeup's need to be the "off topic" police considering most threads get resolved on their own.

if he was so concerned about thread drift, he has the ability to relocate and start new threads if he thought the thread was going wildly off topic.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I saw your post before you got points, and frankly it looked like you were taunting. I have sparred with wakeup a few times, but I have not found him to be unfair. he had stated "get back on topic", and your taunt itself was off-topic.

I think the Mods generally speaking, are a forgiving bunch. if I was in charge, I would ban about 7-8% of all the accounts on ECCIE. that is my unscientific conclusion regarding the number of flat-out Trolls and ne'er-do-wells on this site, the number that never contributes a morsel of worthy comment.

it was not a taunt.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:59 AM   #7
Spit It Out
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

lol
Your off topic police is the direct assignment of the owner.
He obviously has been assigned that forum.
Deal with it, or take your ball and run along.
Spit It Out is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #8
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Dil dude,
Why do you assume this is a democracy where citizens have rights?
It's a Dictatorship. Usually benevolent, but .....
We've all been teasing Wakeup for almost anything, for so long, that you should know how he reacts, as the rest of us do.
Btw, thank you for this mornings entertainment.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #9
Admiral Giggle

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
it was not a taunt.
Admiral Giggle is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #10
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

If you would like additional clarification as to the reason why a moderator issues a certain directive in a thread, then you have options to address them either privately, or in another thread.

#13 - Our moderating staff monitors the forums with the goal of keeping threads on track and on topic. Occasionally we may issue specific instructions or direction to a poster and we ask that you respect those instructions and follow them. Disregarding a moderator's written instruction or repeating a violation for which you have been warned will most certainly result in penalty.

No moderator likes to enforce thread hijacking, but members of that forum specifically asked me to begin moderating that, and when members express reservations about the lack of enforcement of a guideline, Staff is going to respond accordingly. I hadn’t been enforcing the guideline as I should have, and I welcomed the input from the membership to correct my enforcement. Please do not ask for what you are not prepared to receive.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #11
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
If you would like additional clarification as to the reason why a moderator issues a certain directive in a thread, then you have options to address them either privately, or in another thread.

#13 - Our moderating staff monitors the forums with the goal of keeping threads on track and on topic. Occasionally we may issue specific instructions or direction to a poster and we ask that you respect those instructions and follow them. Disregarding a moderator's written instruction or repeating a violation for which you have been warned will most certainly result in penalty.

No moderator likes to enforce thread hijacking, but members of that forum specifically asked me to begin moderating that, and when members express reservations about the lack of enforcement of a guideline, Staff is going to respond accordingly. I hadn’t been enforcing the guideline as I should have, and I welcomed the input from the membership to correct my enforcement. Please do not ask for what you are not prepared to receive.

Who's opinion (as in what members) on thread hijacking did you consider, 1 maybe 2 people at best?
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Does it matter? If a member alerts Staff to a shortcoming in enforcement, we act on it. That’s what happens when we receive an RTM.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #13
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Of course it matters. This very thread is questioning the legitimacy of not rules enforcement but erroneous enforcement. From what I can see (from when you started all this) you asked a question based off one user public complaint and then said ok are you sure. Then said ok that's the way it will be. Had nothing to do with rules on the books but rather annoyance at complaints.
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:26 PM   #14
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #15
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Will you share the popcorn? I'll get the next round. This could get interesting.........
winn dixie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women