Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70381
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Relocating to Austin... not a ThreAD, but yeah.. a bit of a ThreAD

So.. the real world job is relocating me to Austin, likely in February of next year.

I need some suggestions in regards to where one should consider living, where one should NOT consider living, etc. Obviously, I'll be apartment living at least for the first year or so... my job has moved me so much in the past year that I cannot commit to a mortgage until I see more stability in my location. So mainly, I just need intel on parts of town to avoid, and parts of town to consider. Don't want to go over 1400/month for a 2 bedroom... would ideally like to stay below 1200.

I know the job will put me in and around the Domain area.... so not having to cross through downtown to get to work would be ideal.. I know traffic in Austin is a bitch.

Thanks!!
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Hi Grace,
Welcome to Austin. Brace yourself for the traffic - it's still bad,bad,bad. I just stay up the the NW part of town. Across from the domain. I love it up here. And you can find a 2 bedroom in the $1200 to $1400 range here too.
I've lived all over Austin but this is my favorite. To me, it's not that crowded....yet!
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
sydmo
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 7

the domain area is gonna be a bit more pricey, but it's really an awesome spot. South on mopac by the greenbelt (barton skyway) are less cost and not much of a drive headed north, even in traffic times-joking (get a text tag) even further south anywhere around William cannon, sunset valley, stassney, the southwest area is cool and in that cost range. don't go east of 35, there's some great spots but that traffic to the domain will suck. Good Luck Lady, welcome to Austin. Barton skyway area would be best, cause that's where I live
sydmo is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Kitty Bunny Fuck
Well known giver of fucks

User ID: 228727
Location: Triangle of jaded bitches, fluffy bunnies, & unicorns!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

ThreAD HIGHJACKER HERE- you are pretty cute so you get a pass

Kitty Bunny Fuck is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
quzi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 90

Wells Branch is sorta NNE of the Domain area and seems to have some decent apartment prices. Plenty of places in all directions from the Domain within a couple miles.

Being in the Domain has the advantage of a lot of places within walking distance (as some are calling it Austin's second downtown).

Further away you have Pflugerville to the east, Round Rock/Georgetown NEN, Cedar Park NW and Leander north of there. Going out towards those directions, the 45 is a toll road,183A north of 45, and Mopac north of Palmer (there's one exit past Palmer that's free) to the 45 is toll. Probably not as bad as DFW area but it's starting to get there.
quzi is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #6
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks y'all. The last time I spent any REAL time in Austin... Domain wasn't really even a thing yet.. Arboretum was still the "it" spot... so I am close to clueless on that whole area, lol. But, we're talking 2006-ish... so aside from a couple of brief visits to Austin, I haven't been there in a long while.

I've spotted a couple of apartment options within close range of my future work spot that are within range.. so it looks like the relocation may not be too arduous. They have me in San Antonio for 2 months prior to the permanent location in Austin... so I'll have the ability to do some in person house hunting.

Looking forward to being back in Texas. This Texas girl can't deal with the cold here in the frozen north!!!
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #7
GeorgeAus
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

East 7th street is changing. Some apartments on South Congress which has n still changing. I remember seeing an add for condos and apartments near zilker park.
GeorgeAus is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #8
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Welcome Ms. Grace
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #9
mathguy
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

The entire Domain area is great. It's a very "it" spot for the young professional (and even slightly older/more mature) crowd.

The Arboretum area and Gateway shopping are great too.

The other place that is nice if you want closer in is the Triangle area near Lamar/Guadalupe.

Yes, traffic is bad in Austin b/c we are now the 10th largest city in the US and our metro area has climbed up to near 2.5mil people. Austin is a major metro area so yea that hasn't helped. The main issue is with all the insane growth over the past 2-3 decades (Austin has been #1-#3 on virtually every "best places to live" list for the last 20+ years) is that the infrastructure of the highways didn't keep up. We have far too few major interconnects and lanes for the number of people in the metro area.

However, even now, it's still nothing at all like Houston or LA or NY traffic (those are all some of the worst commutes in the US). Though I will say, it wasn't long ago (last year I believe) that the I35/Riverside section was one of the top 10 congested freeway sections in the US :/ I believe it was #9 or #10. Most of the rest are in LA, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, NYC.
mathguy is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #10
Champagne Brown
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2799
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I grew in the NW area.. Well Branch, Pflugerville, and Round Rock... You'll love it..
Champagne Brown is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #11
Frauenheld
Yes I am Italian

Encounters: 103

Lot's of new apartments on parmer north/west of the domain / mopac . Most would be good. In my opinion.
Frauenheld is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #12
Humpty Dumpty
BANNED

Location: HEB parking lot on east 41st in Austin taking a crap

Austin is overpriced. Just like the ladies of this board. If I was to move back, I would stick to Burnet road, upper airport Blvd, Hyde Park etc. Those neighborhoods are mostly white so that's good.
Humpty Dumpty is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Overpriced? Hmmmm....
You don't seem to travel around a lot. Austin prices are not "low" for the US, but they certainly aren't "high".
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #14
Humpty Dumpty
BANNED

Location: HEB parking lot on east 41st in Austin taking a crap

The only places more expensive than Austin would be California, New York City, and Miami. I've traveled quite a bit around the United States and I've taken shits in parking lots every from Seattle to Baltimore.
Humpty Dumpty is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #15
Champagne Brown
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2799
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
taken shits in parking lots from Seattle to Baltimore.

^^This guy
Champagne Brown is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women