Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #31
mendel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Glad to see there are people on this site that feel as I do about pretty boy Perry. He makes me sick to my stomach just to see his picture. He and our Texas Legislature has destroyed education in this state and we are the laughing stock of this nation.
mendel is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #32
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel View Post
He and our Texas Legislature has destroyed education in this state
product of the public school system yourself, perhaps before it was "destroyed"?
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #33
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel View Post
Glad to see there are people on this site that feel as I do about pretty boy Perry. He makes me sick to my stomach just to see his picture. He and our Texas Legislature has destroyed education in this state and we are the laughing stock of this nation.

Please provide proof that we are the laughing stock of this nation. You can't make a claim like this without providing at least 6 links backing up you claim. You should know better.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #34
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Read the thread Budman and see what leads anybody to conclude that the Texas system of public education is in the shitter.

BS - I am a product of the Texas public school system, as are my children. I can say unequivocally that I got a much better, more rounded and comprehensive education than they did. I'm talking K-grad school. It became painfully obvious when one of my kids went to college out of state.

Links? (Here are four... I took two off since you misspelled "your")

http://www.edexcellencemedia.net/pub...tory_Texas.pdf

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/hob...ck-555318.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6937149.html

http://www.schoolsmatter.info/2010/0...nce-again.html

BUT NEVER FEAR, CALIFORNIA IS TRYING TO OUT-DUMB TEXAS. WILL THEY DO IT?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-a..._b_861655.html
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #35
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Just maybe discipline back in the classroom might help as well. I am sure they had discipline in the classroom back in your day Sup. This would prevent the shitty kid from disrupting the rest of the class. I do know I respected the teachers that had control of the classroom. Today not many teachers have control over the classroom the kids do.
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #36
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yeah. Got the shit beat out of me. Don't think that gym coach's paddle added a fucking point to my SAT score, though. We didn't have air conditioned classrooms either. And a strict dress code. I don't think you make a very good point here.

Discipline is not the school's job. And I don't believe discipline has jackshit to do with the quality of education. In fact, I believe the exact opposite. More stimulating classroom curricula will lead to more attentive students.

If you're trying to lay blame for the sorry state of Texas' education system on the students or their socio-economic backgrounds rather than the people who are supposed to be funding schools, determining curriculum and teaching the kids, then I believe you've got a real bad case of misplaced priorities.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #37
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

If there are students that are being loud and the teacher has to deal with their asses most the time you do not think that has an effect on the rest of the class???

I am suggesting that just maybe due to lack of teachers being able to discipline they have less control over their classrooms. This may have led to a lesser quality of teachers wanting to teach.

I am saying stop looking for the state to come up with solutions. How about getting involved and the community coming together to stimulate progress in education.

Another thing if you don't like something quit bitching and do something about it. If more people would be more proactive and solutions oriented we would have less big problems.

I can't stand whiners and always looking for someone else to solve their problems. Learn to wipe your own ass and clean up your own mess.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #38
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
If there are students that are being loud and the teacher has to deal with his ass most the time you do not think that has an effect on the rest of the class???

If "students" is plural, "his ass" must also be plural.

I am suggesting that just maybe do to lack of teachers being able to discipline they have less control over their classrooms. This may have led to a lesser quality of teachers wanting to teach.

It's "due to lack of..." Not "do", "dew", "D.E.W." or "doo". Duh.

I am saying stop looking for the state to come up with solutions. How about getting involved and the community coming together to stimulate progress in education.

"I am saying" is redundant. Begin the sentence with "Stop looking for the state..." The second sentence appears to be a question but there's no question mark.

Another thing if you don't like something quit bitching and do something about it. If more people would be more proactive and solutions oriented we would have less big problems.

Try mixing in a comma once in a while.

I can't stand whiners and always looking for someone else to solve their problems. Learn to wipe your own ass and clean up your own mess.
When you go into your education routine it kills me. Excellent material!

Booth is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #39
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
When you go into your education routine it kills me. Excellent material!
What kills me is that you actually take the time to point this shit out...

I am glad I did not ever want to be a writer or an stuck up English teacher. I am a great communicator in the flesh and not so much with the written word on a SHMB. I may just not care and like to give you something to do.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #40
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Sup,
I guess the sarcasm went right over your head. I don't give a shit what your views are but every time somebody post an opposing opinion in one of your political threads you and sharp can't wait to request links. I was just following your lead.

http://www.coolnsmart.com/sarcastic_quotes/
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #41
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

You also have to post the correct links from the ones that are in line with their views....
Old 06-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #42
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
What kills me is that you actually take the time to point this shit out...

I am glad I did not ever want to be a writer or an stuck up English teacher. I am a great communicator in the flesh and not so much with the written word on a SHMB. I may just not care and like to give you something to do.
We get it. You present yourself as uneducated by choice.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #43
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
You also have to post the correct links from the ones that are in line with their views....
http://www.spellcheck.net/
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #44
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
We get it. You present yourself as uneducated by choice.
How you judge if someone is educated or not is by how well their grammar is on a SHMB???

That is a rhetorical question Booth.....

You know there are a lot of uneducated millionaires and billionaires so I guess that I am in good company....

I have met a lot of educated idiots in my day....
Old 06-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #45
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Sup,
I guess the sarcasm went right over your head. I don't give a shit what your views are but every time somebody post an opposing opinion in one of your political threads you and sharp can't wait to request links. I was just following your lead.

http://www.coolnsmart.com/sarcastic_quotes/
It is my sincerest hope that you and Wyldeman will finally figure out that there's a huge difference between "opposing opinion" and "unfounded opinion", the later really being nothing more than "factually challenged". What's so wrong about wondering where you two actually get most of your conspiracy tin foil hat ideas?
F-Sharp is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women