Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #46
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Sup,
Please be more specific about the attitudes that have you so alarmed. Use the "quote" button to point them out. You have this "holier than thou" attitude and think you are above everybody else on this board. Your attitude is one that concerns many but I'm sure you can't fathom why. I've told you before that political arguments on a SHMB are futile. I'll continue to point out assinine or hypocritical statements but trying to change minds here is a waste of time.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #47
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
You and others have a hard-on for Fox so you continually claim that everything they say is untrue and done to further their right wing agenda. Yet you refuse to see any left wing leanings from your networks of choice, CNN, ABC, CBS, NPR.....You bitch and moan about Ailes but have no problem with Soros.
This isn't a "claim", it's a known fact that has been proven time and time again through their own false reporting, doctoring of videos, and through their own admission! What part of that do you not get?

In fact, the accusation itself of CNN, ABC, CBS, or NPR is Fox at work in your brain. The accusation is simply small-minded and has no merit. The only thing left leaning about any of those channels are the occasional pundits or hosts they might have. NPR is in fact the most balanced and critical of them all. You'd know this to be true had you ever bothered to tune in instead of allowing Fox to speak for you. MSNBC is in fact the only truly left-leaning mainstream news outlet, and even that's a stretch. They just happen to have more left-leaning pundits than most and are trying to compete with Fox on Fox's terms, but I certainly wouldn't say that their actual news reporting is the work of a propaganda machine behind the scenes pumping out bullshit 24 hours a day. Fact, that's what Fox is, that's what Ailes does, and that's what you and Wyldeman constantly regergitate, no matter how baseless in fact it is.

Why don't you try this, do some independent research and find us some legitimate undisputed examples of CNN, ABC, CBS, and NPR doctoring videos and/or purposely falsifying their reporting to support a liberal agenda. Report your findings so we can talk about it. Until then you might as well STFU about it.
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #48
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Sharp,
You're right. Fox is the devil. All the networks are pure and only have good intentions. You and Sup are the smartest people on ECCIE.

I give.

One last question for you. When Chris Matthews felt that thrill down his leg listening to Obama was it you or Sup giving him the reach around?

"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often" Chris Matthews
Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #49
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Oralick,
Quote:
You apparently don't know the difference between "Opinion Show" and "News". Beck is purely an opinion show.
You are correct. The trouble is that from reading many of the posts on this board (and elsewhere) there is a significant percent of Fox News viewers who consider what he says to be other than opinion.

So you comparing him to Rather is disingenuous.
So is comparing the President of a TV news organization with a person who has no direct influence on TV news.

You and others have a hard-on for Fox so you continually claim that everything they say is untrue and done to further their right wing agenda. Yet you refuse to see any left wing leanings from your networks of choice, CNN, ABC, CBS, NPR.....
Part of the problem is that if a "pro choice" attitude is shown by a network, it is considered to be left leaning. I'm not referring to the abortion issue (although it is a social issue), I'm referring to many social issues that Fox tends to be very right leaning. "Pro choice" (in the case of abortion) means you can be pro-life or pro-abortion or don't give a shit. It means you pick. It may look left to those on the right but is in the middle. Of the sources you named, I look at CNN, among others, on the internet. Some of their columnists are liberal but as you pointed out, that's opinion. That doesn't affect the truth of their news. Fox has blurred the lines between reporting and opinion. That doesn't mean everything they say is untrue, it means that I have to do more checking to confirm what they say.

You bitch and moan about Ailes but have no problem with Soros.
Apples and oranges. Rather and Beck.

Beck is a clown. I don't think anybody is arguing that point.
Life is a bell curve. Most things are in the middle.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #50
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Sup,
Please be more specific about the attitudes that have you so alarmed. Use the "quote" button to point them out. You have this "holier than thou" attitude and think you are above everybody else on this board. Your attitude is one that concerns many but I'm sure you can't fathom why. I've told you before that political arguments on a SHMB are futile. I'll continue to point out assinine or hypocritical statements but trying to change minds here is a waste of time.
Thanks for the compliments, Budman. It's actually an "assholier than thou" attitude. Sorry it intimidates you so. Believe me, I don't feel I'm better than anybody on this board, or else I wouldn't be wasting my time here jerking off with a bunch of whoremongers and whookers... I consider myself both, in fact!

BUT ... you can't be serious about wanting me to go through threads and quote various statements of intolerance, xenophobia, fear of education and "dittoheadism."

It would take up WAY too much space in this thread and none of us would ever read it ... especially the people whose pearls of wisdom we revisit.

Get off your low horse, man. I know you can do better than attacking me personally. That is, unless, you've run out of ammo in that old Glenn Beck bag of tricks!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #51
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sharp,
You're right. Fox is the devil. All the networks are pure and only have good intentions. You and Sup are the smartest people on ECCIE.

I give.
Oh come on now Bud, you really gonna give up that easily? You must have SOMETHING to present to back your opinion right? Some small, yet tangible legitimate reason to so strongly believe the things that you do?

If you honestly can't come up with any actual legitimate sources to back your opinion, is that not somehow an indicater to you that perhaps your opinions might actually be unfounded, and that perhaps I might have a point? Are you really so stubborn and bigoted in your views that you just can't see it any other way? If the propaganda being pumped out of Fox on a daily basis had any merit, and they did not have a history of lying to the public, we wouldn't be having this converstation in the first place. I don't see any ongoing discussions about ABC, CBS, CNN, or NPR lying to the public, doctoring videos, and running a constant barrage of soundbytes in unison amongst its staff in a blatant effort to sway public opinion.

I have an endless source of legitimate citable information to back my opinions on just about any topic. Do you? Think about it.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #52
rioseco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Face it Budman to these folks here.......Dan Rather is a titan,Michael Moore is a greek god & all media except FOX and the Washington Times are enlightened improvements of the scripture. I applaud you for your valor Budman,best of luck trying to educate the tired brain-strained sheep here !
rioseco is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #53
NewWave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Beck is ridiculous, i can barely stand watching him. Mind you, he might be telling the truth and be completely correct, I don't know. I certainly don't want to dismiss it, i try to remain open minded about this type of shit. but his overly sanctimonious tone drives me through the roof. Plus he's like Oprah in the worst ways possible, trying to be a spiritual leader for others while pushing products.

Rather was annoying too, just like Cronkite,where they add so much inflection and exasperation to everything they report. I guess that's how they are trained, but it feels so phony all the time. That's one thing I like about Fox News (apart from the excellent Red Eye) is that I enjoy watching ditzy chicks cover the news. Somehow it's more refreshing than getting some old fart's thinly veiled opinion on the world at large.

Sifting through news or opinions on the net has been like manna, just an amazing thing I never take for granted. Of course I'm sure with increased regulation of the internet I'll lose more of that, especially if it doesn't fit with the narrative. But I'll enjoy it for now.
NewWave is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #54
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
Oh come on now Bud, you really gonna give up that easily? You must have SOMETHING to present to back your opinion right? Some small, yet tangible legitimate reason to so strongly believe the things that you do?

If you honestly can't come up with any actual legitimate sources to back your opinion, is that not somehow an indicater to you that perhaps your opinions might actually be unfounded, and that perhaps I might have a point? Are you really so stubborn and bigoted in your views that you just can't see it any other way? If the propaganda being pumped out of Fox on a daily basis had any merit, and they did not have a history of lying to the public, we wouldn't be having this converstation in the first place. I don't see any ongoing discussions about ABC, CBS, CNN, or NPR lying to the public, doctoring videos, and running a constant barrage of soundbytes in unison amongst its staff in a blatant effort to sway public opinion.

I have an endless source of legitimate citable information to back my opinions on just about any topic. Do you? Think about it.

Sharp,
This is why I stay out of these political threads. I have no desire to go back and forth with you and Sup arguing the same points over and over. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine. I will continue to point out blatant hypocrisy that you and Sup are so good at displaying. Beck's an ass. Rather's an ass. You and Sup are partisan hacks. Ya'll need to get off of your high horse and quit trying to convince the masses how smart you are and how we can't get along without your guidance. Adios MoFo.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #55
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sharp,
This is why I stay out of these political threads. I have no desire to go back and forth with you and Sup arguing the same points over and over. I will never change your mind and you will never change mine. I will continue to point out blatant hypocrisy that you and Sup are so good at displaying. Beck's an ass. Rather's an ass. You and Sup are partisan hacks. Ya'll need to get off of your high horse and quit trying to convince the masses how smart you are and how we can't get along without your guidance. Adios MoFo.
There's no going back and forth here Bud. It's you making unfounded claims and me proving you wrong time and time again. You should indeed stay out of these forums and public debate in general...at least until you get your facts straight and have something to actually *DEBATE* about. Until then, there's no real debate to be had.

And if any of your so-called "liberal leaning" stations would be commiting the same kind of fraud and deception as Fox, I would most certainly be just as critical of them.

Hypocrisy, my hiney. and I have no interest in partisan politics, I simply go where the truth is. Sure, I have my own personal opinions, but guess what? Sometimes they're not of a liberal nature. Not by a long shot. The word "liberal" is just noise the delusional far-right scream when someone say anything other than what Fox is pumping out. Do you even know what the term means? Here:

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis, "of freedom")[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but most liberals support such fundamental ideas as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, free trade, and the freedom of religion

That's right Bud - liberty and equal rights. The exact opposite of oppression and tyranny. Kind of like what America is *supposed" to stand for. Think about just how much of a fascist you sound like every time you attempt to berate and belittle the term in front of those that actually know what the hell it means.

Adios, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #56
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sharp,
That would be high HORSES! LOL!

I've got nothing to prove to anybody here, Bud-dy. I enjoy these threads. They're enlightening and indicate that people on ECCIE actually care about things beyond which stripper they took home or who's a bigger dipshit, or how awful it is to read the newspaper or it's better to be a tough customer than a knowledgeable consumer.

People care enough to read, research, present facts and debate. You singled out F-Sharp and myself. That was nice of you, but there have been a lot of other ECCIE members who have participated in these debates in a civil, non antagonistic matter. People who would NEVER get involved in the bloviations and mouth foaming that goes on in some of the other threads in some of the other forums.

I applaud you for taking part. And I'm happier to see people who hardly ever post in the "who's the biggest fuckhead" threads posting here in the Sandbox.

If this threatens you, then that's your problem, bubba. I think you did pretty good.

OF COURSE THERE ARE SOME DEBATES YOU CANNOT WIN. Like defending Glenn Beck. You will never be able to present documentation that shows him to be an honorable, responsible anything. No wonder you're frustrated by this one.

We've got a little less than a year and a half until the GOP gets chased out of DC again. Don't tell me you DON'T want some of this!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #57
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Sup, I never defended Beck. My first comment here was about the claim that Rather is the icon of truth or some such bullshit. I don't like Beck and can't stand to listen to him on the radio or TV. Please tell me where I have defended this guy.

Sharp,
You have proven me wrong exactly zero times. IMO you are a partisan hack who is delusional about your importance. I guess you have the typical liberal mind set that if you say something enough times it becomes true.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #58
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Bud,

I didn't say you defended Beck. I said you couldn't defend Beck and opined that it would make it frustrating to take a contrary position in this thread. That's all. No wonder you're losing your composure. I don't see a single post in this thread that defends him. Wouldn't expect to.

However, I do have to question your position on your next statement; the insult flung at F-Sharp, who, by the way, has rebutted your claims with source after source arguably every time you make a baseless statement.

"Typical liberal mind set (sic)" is not only a cop out but also false. The "big lie" as you described in your post certainly wasn't the product of any liberal agenda. It was a propaganda strategy first presented in "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler and then honed by Joseph Goebbels.

Don't think either would fit into the "liberal" mold.

Maybe you're getting your cliches mixed up.

NEW WAVE -- You might have found Cronkite and Rather annoying. But they were journalists, first and foremost, like Murrow, Jennings, Brinkley, Severeid and other TV news hounds who brought legitimacy to a new medium. Today's crowd pretty much pisses on every trail they blazed. Jon Stewart is as much a journalist as most of the anchors on TV today.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women