Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47430
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Who would be your choice for the Republican Presidential Nomination
Rick Perry 11 23.91%
Sarah Palin 7 15.22%
I'd rather take it in the ass with a creosote pole than have either 28 60.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Perry vs Palin

Now Rick Perry says he'll "consider" a run for the presidency after the legislative session.

And Sarah Palin's becoming more vocal, sounding more and more like a candidate.

I do not think I'll be voting in the Republican primary. (CHIT) However, the outcome of the Texas primaries will have little or no effect on the Republican nomination picture since the Texas Legislature, in it's unspeakable stupidity, has moved the 2012 Primary back into April. Not before, but WAY AFTER Super Tuesday.

HOWEVER, I DIGRESS.

With all the discussion about Perry vs. Obama, I started getting curious how our august group here might choose between Perry and Palin.

Both represent something to somebody. But it very well might (I hope) come down to those two in a mano a mano battle to the finish for the right to get an ass whooping by Barry O.

As a Democrat and progressive American voter and taxpayer, I'd be happy with either on top of the GOP ticket. As a poster here in the Sandbox, I'd be thrilled with the wealth of material we'd have to discuss.

So what do y'all think? Perry or Palin? Or would you rather take a creosote pole up the ass?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

I know it's real early and I know you Republicans have GOT to be mulling this scenario over because it is a REAL possibility.

But I find it interesting that 80% of the initial respondents to this poll would rather take a big old creosote pole up the ass than see either P or P on the top of the ballot.

The third choice was added as something more substantive than a simple "none of the above."

I'm guessing on this board, that Perry kicks Palin's ass but has trouble outrunning the creosote pole up the ass. In fact, his progress may just slow down enough to let the creosote pole catch him from behind!

YOWCH!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

If you truly want an answer than leave the 3rd option out, it is entertaining as a laugh but it means you won't get a true P vs P poll result. For all we know the ticket itself could be Double P.

If you are trying to find out what an Elephant would do if faced with the P vs P choice you won't know the true answer if you have a pole up the ass for an option, or for the same reason Mickey Mouse, Admiral Stockton or Leslie Cochrane.

The Republicans may have to choose between P and P and a write in, but the third option you give means perhaps one vote less for one of the P's; funny yes, poll worthy to get an idea on P vs P it is pretty much a dagger in getting a true answer from the ' eccie electorate.' I am one of those ten votes, I joined the laugh, I am sure that at least 5 of the other 9 either 1) won't even watch the Super Tuesday results when they do come in and 2) would either have abstained and not voted at all in your poll, thus making it a P vs P like you wanted, or did you?

Now, you claim 80% would rather take a pole up the ass from the first return numbers. #1, most of those votes aren't folks who will show up for the real primary anyway, #2 you gave them a choice that doesn't exist except in humor, if you want to poll A vs B than don't toss in C.

I think it was a good poll ( make that an excellent poll with an excellent question) you started, but choice ' C' ruins it to get a true answer, you could have added C in as ' other' but only if you added ' please explain in reply'

and I think I would have been real interested to see how folks would have replied to' P or P' if presented that way

Choice C also reads as the pollster himself is poking fun at choice A or B; so I find it not shocking at all if you don't get a true reply to your question of Perry vs Palin, I think it was a great question and they actually debated that last night on TV, except it was Palin vs Perry, not Palin vs Perry or jump off the Empire State Building...

Based on the way you worded your poll, Choice C. A joke poll get's the joke reply, you put it out there after all. Next time put the two candidates up against each other. I do have an opinion on P vs. P but with choice C out there, it doesn't matter..

but for the purposes of a laugh, Choice C works just great, other than that, useless poll. Did you post the poll to get a true P vs P answer or because you think both P's are a joke so you wish to entirely ' chit' on those options and get a good laugh out of it?

All I got was a laugh, I can laugh at my own candidates too, what I will say is despite what you feel and type; Single and/or Double P has you a tad worried inside...As it should..

Don't chit your pants now !!
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
Choice C works just great, other than that, useless poll.
KC---I suppose it is all a matter of perspective. I took the poll as a symbolic jab at Palin and Perry by giving a third choice as being anyone other than those two (even though YR chose to reflect it differently.) In other words, I felt it was a poll designed to show the overall weakness of the Palin and Perry candidacy's! And that is what my vote reflected.

By the same token, the same could be said about most of the remaining field of Republican candidates! There seems to be an abundance of overall weakness in the field!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Yeah KC youre right. I think all three options are jokes. We could assume that option C means none of the above, or I won't be voting in the Republican primary. You yourself had pointed out the worthlessness of these polls in another politicql thread.

And no, neither one of them frighten me. But they should frighten you.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
The time you spent on your reply does!
you should be worried more about the time the Elephants will be putting in to find a candidate to replace the joker we have now; not the fact I have no life and nothing to do while I drink my daily 8 cups of coffee or the hours per day I whack off to ECCIE showcases. ( I am sure I am not the only one)

But I'm glad I got to the bottom of it, you wrote the poll as a joke to smash the two P's, very obvious. I agree with BigTex, the poll was a jab, not realistic, but I do think the P vs P would make for an excellent stand alone poll.

Now go fix that economy and stop making fun of Sarah !!! Otherwise you'll see her giving your State of the Union address in early 2013 !!

Actually, It is Romney and perhaps Sarah you have to fear, not Perry.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #7
Booth
Valued Poster

I don't see them running against each other. More likely they'd share a ticket with Palin being on top.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
I don't see them running again each other. More likely they'd share a ticket with Palin being on top.
I disagree! I do not believe there is any chance that Palin will be the Republican nominee! While I consider Perry to be a seriously flawed (and extremely vulnerable) candidate in the general election, I see a very slim avenue for him to leave the Republican convention with the nomination. I do not see an avenue for Palin!

But then again, I can't see Russia from my bathroom window!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Palin won't win but she will get excitement brewing and assist the party in ' rallying the troops and getting the voters out' to vote for whoever is nominated. She's a glorified cheerleader who is going to give pep rally speeches for others in the long run. That, she is good at...
Old 05-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Palin won't win but she will get excitement brewing and assist the party in ' rallying the troops and getting the voters out' to vote for whoever is nominated. She's a glorified cheerleader who is going to give pep rally speeches for others in the long run. That, she is good at...
I am inclined to disagree! I do not believe Palin brings her supporters to the polls, just to vote for her. Governor Quitter's supporters will be voting for any and all Republican candidates, whether she is on the ballot or not.

By the same token, she might motivate a few moderate Republicans or Independents to go to the polls. But those individuals will be voting against her, rather than for her!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I disagree with that assessment, as well! The only individuals Palin motivates to get out to vote are those who will be voting for a generic Republican candidate anywya.

She will not motivate any moderate Republicans or Independents to vote unless it is to vote for any candidate against her!
Perhaps you would agree that she will write another book and/or raise her fees for private appearances.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Perhaps you would agree that she will write another book and/or raise her fees for private appearances.

With that we can agree!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

So Kosher, you thinkiot would be better to have made this a two answer poll? Maybe you're right but of the three listed choices of getting fucked in the ass, which one would you eliminate from the questionnaire?

Seriously, maybe you should just start another one without Perry in it...
Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
So Kosher, you thinkiot would be better to have made this a two answer poll? Maybe you're right but of the three listed choices of getting fucked in the ass, which one would you eliminate from the questionnaire?

The one not included in the original title of the thread and the original poll question

Seriously, maybe you should just start another one without Perry in it...
plenty of time between now and Nov 2012 for all kinds of polls with realistic choices, and plenty of time for polls meant as jabs for fun. Which this one is.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

I want Palin to win the nomination...just so I can watch a debate between her and Obama, and watch the media discredit her thoroughly and completely once and for all. Would be the best comedy produced in decades.
F-Sharp is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women