Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Guest012220
Account Disabled

User ID: 44872
My ECCIE Reviews
Question ISO:Employment for Provider

As most of you know I am ready to retire from the hobby. Though Ive been searching and searching for a job....it kinda seems like the only way to get back into the "reg" job field is to do waitressing or door-to-door sales. Though I have experiences in sales/marketing....having 8-9 months of no work history kinda puts a glitch on my record. Do any of you know of someone that is hiring and doesnt dig too deep into someone's record/past???I would like something stable or at least enough time to get some new work experience in like personal assistant or something like that. please pm me or email me at maria.goddess19@gmail.com if you have something.
Guest012220 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

check your pm's
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I will certainly keep my ears open.

As long as I have a face, you will have a place to sit while in Austin.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
budman33
Valued Poster

IT is growing and for the most part been recession proof here in Austin. Everyone has a PC, you have a website, so your halfway there Albeit sales can be very lucrative, if you could pick up a Security+ or Network+ certificate which is quite easy you could go entry level IT for 40-50k easily. If you find an aspect of IT you enjoy, then skies the limit in short fashion.

Don't know where your interests lie but thought I throw that out there. good luck
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Fred Garvin MP
BANNED

Budman, where would one attend classes and what certs would one need to do this? I am also a provider looking to move on.
Fred Garvin MP is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
budman33
Valued Poster

Well The most reasonable cost ones and are fairly expected and looked for by HR hiring managers as entry level are from CompTIA http://www.comptia.org/home.aspx

A+ is entry level fundamentals and cost about 150$ Network+ is about 200$ Security+ is about 250$ You can easily self study read the material, tests are 100 questions in 90 minutes.

A+ isn't going to generate much interest i.e calls for interviews but depending on your level is a good first step anyway.

Network+ and Security+ will get you in the door for interviews almost anywhere for entry level testing, or tech support roles. Not major bank but you really need to get some experience under your belt to go onwards unless you get into development, etc.

If you get one of those or feel comfortable with the material and can volunteer for a SANS course. www.sans.org

They are very well known to IT managers. I say volunteer because you can volunteer to help setup conference, bring instructor a diet coke, run copies etc. and still get the class and all materials and the exam... for 800$.

Or if you can swing it pay 4k$ and go as a regular attendee. search for workstudy to apply, costs nothing to apply. Pick a class near you or somewhere you are willing to travel to when going through the process.

I would say get CISSP but that requires a certain number of years before you can go take the test, but get that and headhunters love it. feel free to PM me. Austin is a good IT place.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Fred Garvin MP
BANNED

Hmmm. I will send a PM later, thank you, budman. Maria, what do you think? Are you in Dallas or Austin now? Austin seems like a great place for an education. I have made a damn good living as a male prostitute servicing white collar female clients for a while, but I am not getting any younger.
Fred Garvin MP is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Guest012220
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Sorry guys Im getting back to this post late. I hardly post threads besides my ads so I forget I'd post something,lol.

Anywho....IT seems to be a good route but to be honest Im horrible when it comes to network,security and any other computer aspect. I dont think I'd be good at that kind of field. Im more of a social person, so being behind a computer all day would drive me crazy. My interest are in sales,customer service,marketing,pr & advertising. But I live in dallas though. Have thought about moving to Austin and at this point Im just looking for a stable job so I will not have to return to this. Just ready to progress in my life and not have to hide about anything. Sometimes gets a bit lonely when you have no one to REALLY talk to. But good luck with the job hunt fred garvin mp. Im sure it will work out for you. And thanx everyone for the advice!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #9
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I got into Oil and Gas Leasing the starting pay is fantastic,,, but you said you do not like to be in front of a computer, if that changes let me know
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
budman33
Valued Poster

Sales is always king. I just never could wrap my head around the feast or famine part. IT doesnt have to be in front of a PC, but you need to speak the lingo to sling the IT gear. sometimes, the sales guys i work with tell a pack of lies so i'm not exactly sure they know the actual product we can DELIVER half the time

but they have nicer houses than mine for sure.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #11
Guest012220
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

omg....i dont want to hear the words gas/oil around me. My ex did that and I wish he would go jump off a cliff....lol. Im really just joking about that last part but anyway. Yes Im sure the IT selling part is good but I do agree with you. If you know the product I think you make the customer happy as well as have repeat business. At one point I worked at Circuit City (when it was still a good company) and just started off as a CSA. Within one year I was trained in TV/Audio sales and was the only female in my department and had the second highest sales. I honestly think it was a turnon for a guy to come in and learn how to work a tv or dvd player from a woman. Anyone need a surround sound system hooked up...????LMAO

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women