Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #16
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
I think some things that the present candidates have said have blown me away in their debates. Lacking total empathy for our fellow Americans and it seems they have an audience to. I think it is a disgrace to say "lets refund the social security to people, scrap SS and tell people your on your own", I also think we do not need to back track to the days where poor people died in their homes and on the streets because they had no money to go to the hospital or get care for long term illnesses.

This is what I call being completely out of touch with reality and having no empathy or compassion what so ever. Are we turning into greedy selfish people in this country?

LET HIM DIE VIDEO

What about the innocent who get caught up in the legal system? I am a Texan and do not feel the same way as these people in the video or concerning Rick Perry's way of handling death row inmates who might be innocent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908...11564#44511564

And.. with Michelle Bachman making a false claim that the HPV vaccine causes mental retardation.. wtf?
I didn't see anything in this video that indicated that a person without Health Ins should be left to die. What Ron Paul was basically stating was you have the freedom of choice to obtain a Health Policy if you wish to do so. Now if in this hypothetical case a young man who is seemingly healthy opts. not to have Health Ins and then is faced with a medical dilema he still has a right to health care and doctors who treat him took an oath. The only problem for this guy is he will be faced with a medical bill in full since he has no ins. I don't think anyone should be comfortable with the idea to let someone die just because they have no Health Ins. Cheers from the audience in no way reflects any candidates views on " Letting Unisured People Die"
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #17
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

When we yelled "let him die"...We were talking about Ron Paul.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
When we yelled "let him die"...We were talking about Ron Paul.
I don't care what anybody says, that was funny!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #19
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Yeah, He's a real comedian, lol.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
hi_handsome
Account Disabled

User ID: 92145
My ECCIE Reviews

The GOP front runner should be John Huntsman. He is moderate and Utah has a great track record and he's not extreme. Rick Perry has everyone fooled as if he's "republican" but he's not. Texas is ran very liberally. The majority of the jobs texas created are state positions that are mostly regulatory. I know this first hand because I've been to 6 interviews in Austin, Dallas and Lufkin, within the past 2 months since I've earned my graduate certificate in City Planning.
hi_handsome is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Somebody opts to run up medical bills without insurance, make the bills non dischargeable in bankruptcy. Help the guy, get him well, then make his life hell.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

So how do you not find this shit terribly disturbing?

Let him die?

What kind of people have we become?

Shame on Americans.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_handsome View Post
The GOP front runner should be John Huntsman. He is moderate and Utah has a great track record and he's not extreme. Rick Perry has everyone fooled as if he's "republican" but he's not. Texas is ran very liberally. The majority of the jobs texas created are state positions that are mostly regulatory. I know this first hand because I've been to 6 interviews in Austin, Dallas and Lufkin, within the past 2 months since I've earned my graduate certificate in City Planning.
YOW! Now that's a statement of ... something. Texas is "ran" very liberally?

exactly what cities are you planning to do what in, darlin?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The crowd reaction was very disturbing. I really didn't know how to react, except to say OMG, who are those people? Some of these damn neocons are in favor of killing everyone and everybody. Bomb Iraq? Sure. Afghanistan? Yeah! Libya? Oh, baby! Criminal executions? They're starting to orgasm now. Letting poor people die in the street would be a carnival for some of them.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #25
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The crowd reaction was very disturbing. I really didn't know how to react, except to say OMG, who are those people? Some of these damn neocons are in favor of killing everyone and everybody. Bomb Iraq? Sure. Afghanistan? Yeah! Libya? Oh, baby! Criminal executions? They're starting to orgasm now. Letting poor people die in the street would be a carnival for some of them.
What do you expect from a debate crowd organized by the Tea Party? That's the way they roll!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #26
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Why bother to parse what the audience thought -- although it was quite clear. But surely we'll agree that actions speak louder than words. Let's just look at what Ron Paul apparently believes and does in his own life.

If he's going to let his own campaign manager die without insurance just two weeks after he dropped out of the campaign, do you think he'd even piss on you if you were on fire??At the fifth GOP debate this week, moderator Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul, a doctor, whether someone who opts to not buy health insurance and then gets sick should be allowed to die. The crowd responded with startling shouts of "Yeah!" followed by applause, leaving even Rick Perry "taken aback." Paul's answer, while more gentle, was more or less the same. "That's what freedom is all about: taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to take care of everybody ... " said Paul, who was cut off by clapping from the audience. While you wouldn't know it from his answer, Blizter's hypothetical probably hit close to home for Paul, whose campaign manager Kent Snyder died young of pneumonia — without insurance — in 2008.

He was just 49 years old when he died of complications from the virus on June 26, two weeks after Paul dropped out of the race. Snyder's mother was left with around $400,000 in medical costs. Paul supporters set up a donation fund to help with the debt.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/09...nager_die.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_961812.html

The sleazy bastard Paul, who lest we all forget, is a damned doctor, wrote "Like so many in our movement, Kent sacrificed much for the cause of liberty. Kent poured every ounce of his being into our fight for freedom. He will always hold a place in my heart and in the hearts of my family."

But just not a big enough place in his heart to pay for group health care coverage that might have saved to poor guy's life. Or at least wouldn't have stuck his poor grieving mother with nearly half a million in unpaid medical bills.

CuteOldGuy, who apparently is more heartless than Dr. Paul -- as hard as that is to conceive -- want to make it even worse and keep poor old mom from even declaring bankruptcy once the good doctor has fucked his flunky.

Meanwhile, I -- as best I can tell the only swinging dick in this room that actually pays for health insurance for his employees, CuteOldGuy's arguments to the contrary notwithstanding -- ends up paying for Dr. Paul's profligate irresponsibility because guess who else is getting screwed besides deal or grieving mom? The poor dead guys doctors. So my insurance rates go up so this irresponsible and immoral motherfucker (literally in this case, having financially fucked the deceased's mother) can blather on about his meaningless, immoral, and cruel version of "freedom."
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #27
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Why bother to parse what the audience thought -- although it was quite clear. But surely we'll agree that actions speak louder than words. Let's just look at what Ron Paul apparently believes and does in his own life.

If he's going to let his own campaign manager die without insurance just two weeks after he dropped out of the campaign, do you think he'd even piss on you if you were on fire??At the fifth GOP debate this week, moderator Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul, a doctor, whether someone who opts to not buy health insurance and then gets sick should be allowed to die. The crowd responded with startling shouts of "Yeah!" followed by applause, leaving even Rick Perry "taken aback." Paul's answer, while more gentle, was more or less the same. "That's what freedom is all about: taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to take care of everybody ... " said Paul, who was cut off by clapping from the audience. While you wouldn't know it from his answer, Blizter's hypothetical probably hit close to home for Paul, whose campaign manager Kent Snyder died young of pneumonia — without insurance — in 2008.

He was just 49 years old when he died of complications from the virus on June 26, two weeks after Paul dropped out of the race. Snyder's mother was left with around $400,000 in medical costs. Paul supporters set up a donation fund to help with the debt.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/09...nager_die.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_961812.html

The sleazy bastard Paul, who lest we all forget, is a damned doctor, wrote "Like so many in our movement, Kent sacrificed much for the cause of liberty. Kent poured every ounce of his being into our fight for freedom. He will always hold a place in my heart and in the hearts of my family."

But just not a big enough place in his heart to pay for group health care coverage that might have saved to poor guy's life. Or at least wouldn't have stuck his poor grieving mother with nearly half a million in unpaid medical bills.

CuteOldGuy, who apparently is more heartless than Dr. Paul -- as hard as that is to conceive -- want to make it even worse and keep poor old mom from even declaring bankruptcy once the good doctor has fucked his flunky.

Meanwhile, I -- as best I can tell the only swinging dick in this room that actually pays for health insurance for his employees, CuteOldGuy's arguments to the contrary notwithstanding -- ends up paying for Dr. Paul's profligate irresponsibility because guess who else is getting screwed besides deal or grieving mom? The poor dead guys doctors. So my insurance rates go up so this irresponsible and immoral motherfucker (literally in this case, having financially fucked the deceased's mother) can blather on about his meaningless, immoral, and cruel version of "freedom."
I was wondering when someone would get around to talking about this. Thanks TexTushHog..
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #28
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Whirl, I'm disappointed in you
MY last 3 counter attacks on you (in 3 different threads) Lol you didn't answer to any of them. Unusual for you, are you finally starting to see that you are always wrong and that your statements most of the time are just nothing more than shit??
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #29
greenhorn1960
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

Those debts died with him. They would be written off by the medcal providers.

What is being ignored is that he was receiving the best medical care, but his pre-existing condition contributed to his death.
greenhorn1960 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #30
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn1960 View Post
Those debts died with him. They would be written off by the medcal providers.
And paid for by the people who pay their bills and/or have insurance.

So maybe someone should ask Ron Paul, at which point is it ok for "freedom" to interfere with "personal responsibility"?
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women