Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post

The US budget numbers eloquently reveal the story of the US financial history.

Bush came into office with a $128 Billion surplus left by Clinton, which he promptly crapped down the toilet with his unfunded and totally unnecessary invasion of Iraq.

President Obama came into office with skyrocketing spending by the Bush policies and tax cuts for the wealthy.

President Obama is working on lowering US spending and returning our troops home that never should have been sent there in the first place. That dimwitted move by Bush played right into Bin Laden's hand by handing him a terrorist recruitment tool and a war that sucked this country's blood and treasure.

We still have a lot of work to do to turn this economy around, but it is obvious which party has the good of the country at heart and which party is just addicted to power.

Touché, "Fast gun" Well the first thing that I see wrong in your graph is that it has .gov in it. Not a reliable source for the truth, plus the graph is just inaccurate. Don't get upset but the purpose of the graph that you posted is to dumb people down on purpose! You can believe the graph you posted all you want but I'll trust the latter. Just think about the graph you posted. How many billions are going to get spent on the "jobs" package that Obama is trying to get passed? How many billions, is it around 400 billion to be in the ballpark? Are you even living on this planet or are you in a deep denial? Au revoir!
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Even if the deficits were decreasing, which they aren't, the national debt is still increasing. We are almost at critical mass for an economic meltdown of biblical proportions. It will be difficult, but the spending has to stop.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #18
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Even if the deficits were decreasing, which they aren't, the national debt is still increasing. We are almost at critical mass for an economic meltdown of biblical proportions. It will be difficult, but the spending has to stop.
Exactly!
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The real issue is that the government has been engaged in a massive upward redistribution of wealth over the past thirty years. It slowed somewhat during the Clinton years, but not entirely. We need to reverse that government driven upward redistribution. It's really quite simple.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #20
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
We need to reverse that government driven upward redistribution. It's really quite simple.
"We" are ....

"President Obama made Solyndra the poster child of his clean energy efforts. He visited the company’s Fremont, Calif., manufacturing plant in May 2010, where he noted that, “the true engine of economic growth will always be companies like Solyndra.”"

$500 million here, and $500 million there.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #21
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
$500 million here, and $500 million there.
If it is the $$$$ that you are concerned with, why did you not compalin about the $1 trillion the Bush Administration spent on a fruitless search for WMD's that no longer existed. All things considered, "$500 million here, and $500 million there," seems to be much more "bang for the buck!" Especially if the "500 million here, and $500 million there" is spent promoting job growth in the friendly confines of the good ol' US of A! It seems to be quite apparent that you would prefer to promote job growth in Iraq!

As for me, I am an America first kinda guy!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #22
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Vote for the Republican of your choice.

Change is right around the corner.
OH no.. sorry I am voting Democrat..

But thanks for the suggestion.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
As for me, I am an America first kinda guy!
Actually, if "we" had spent that much "looking for wmd's in the desert" AND "we" already knew they weren't there (as you claim to have known), then I would complain.

The "Solar Energy Gate" scandal is just hitting the "light of day" .. if you will pardon the pun. Your man Obbie owns this one, and he earned it.

The distinction is BT: I told you about Obaminable BEFORE the elections in 2008, and ...

.... you whined about no WMD's AFTER it was reported that none were found, while ignoring the FACTS that WMD's was not the only reason we CONTINUED the hostilities with Iraq....just like your other man Clinton did (who also believed there were WMD's), along with a healthy majority of both houses of Congress .... 2 x's.

BTW: Does that guy standing there look like an Obbie supporter?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Not everyone who opposes President Obama was a supporter of George Bush. I opposed the wasteful and stupid things President Bush did as well as our current President. So yes, I did complain about spending millions to find non-existent WMDS, and I oppose President Obama's disastrous fiscal policies.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #25
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Not everyone who opposes President Obama was a supporter of George Bush. I opposed the wasteful and stupid things President Bush did as well as our current President. So yes, I did complain about spending millions to find non-existent WMDS, and I oppose President Obama's disastrous fiscal policies.
That was not directed at you. It was pointed in LL's direction. He and I have a very long history in the political forums. We were making these same distinctions during the spring of 2003. Our positions have not changed! LL now has to live with the fact that Iraq was a huge mistake from the beginning and he still has difficulty dealing with that fact!

There is a distinct difference between he and I. He drank the Bush/Cheney Kool Aid in the spring of 2003. He is certainly aware that I know it. I didn't drink the Kool Aid. I am certainly aware that he knows it.

All things considered, the spring 2003 invasion of Iraq and the countless problems that resulted from that invasion has not been good for LL's overly inflated ego! Hopefully, he will get over it some day!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
The end result in Iraq was not good for his overly inflated ego!
I can live with the current conditions in Iraq, the "end results" have not been acheived as of yet. Whether it was a mistake may well be decided past my life expectancy. The "end" has not been reached.

My support for the President's decision at the time it was made is well documented, as is the decision of Congress (and some other folks that exceed your qualifications in analysis) and I had the same level of support for President Clinton's decision to attack Iraq, which was for the same reasons as President Bush, although not as effective as would be expected.

A more urgent question is: Can you live with the "end results" of Obama, BT?

And I recognize how important it is for your ego to re-direct attention from the loser who persuaded you to vote for him and support him with his brand of snake oil. But you obviously have a lot of good company. So enjoy it, and don't hide from your decision. I don't hide from my support of the President's decision based on what the President "knew" at the time, as opposed to your criticism based on after-the-fact analysis. I have called it Monday morning ...

But it is not uncharacteristic of you to be whining about no WMD's in a thread about the poverty levels reaching an all time high during the administration of the President who you helped to elect. Too bad you are not whining about where all those promised jobs are located, so some of that poverty can be erased. So each time you ask about the WMD's ... I'll ask about the JOBS.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #27
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Living And Dying

You say "you can live" with the current conditions in Iraq?

Damn! Did you really proclaim that publicly?

Are you totally insane, callous or really just that ignorant?

Does the fact that over 4,000 US soldiers died there in that totally unnecessary war even penetrate into your skull?

I opposed that idiotic war from the very first day it was announced and so did Barack Obama, I am proud to say, but I did not have the intense pressure from Washington to support Bush in his insane drive to attack Iraq.

. . . The fact that the Iraq war was clearly a mistake should be patently obvious right now to anyone with even a modicum of good sense.

(Decided "past your life expectancy" my ass!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I can live with the current conditions in Iraq, the "end results" have not been acheived as of yet. Whether it was a mistake may well be decided past my life expectancy. The "end" has not been reached.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
You say "you can live" with the current conditions in Iraq?

Does the fact that over 4,000 US soldiers died there in that totally unnecessary war even penetrate into your skull?
Yes, and yes. I live with it every day. Why don't you?

"We" lost about 3/4 that number in non-combatants on one day .... 911, and over 12x that number in S.E. Asia. How many times over in Korea? How many will we end up losing in Afghanistan?

And that is not to say that I am delighted with the fact that there were, and are casualties of any number, but I am realistic enough to understand that there will be in confrontations, just like there were on 911.... and elsewhere around the world prior to 911.

If you were opposed to the 2003 ... continuation ... of the confrontation with Iraq, just express your opposition to it in political, economic, and/or security terms, but tossing out statistics on the loss of lives is not an answer. If one is opposed to armed conflict, then any loss is unacceptable, but, in my opinion, when others perceive that one is unwilling to make that sacrifice, it is more likely that there will be sacrifices made.

I had hoped that after 40 to 50 years this country would have overcome the reputation for withdrawing and leaving when things get nasty, but I can see that "we" have not, and "we" will pay the consequences, just as we were in Kabul yesterday. Our land and flag will be constantly attacked with impunity.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #29
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
. . . The fact that the Iraq war was clearly a mistake should be patently obvious right now to anyone with even a modicum of good sense.
Fast Gunn, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but "good sense" and LL should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Unless you preface the phrase "good sense" with the qualifier, "lack thereof!"

Unfortunately what you see is what you get where LL is concerned. On his best days LL is arrogant and condescending. It is downhill beyond that! It used to bother me but I have learned to accept the fact that there are some things in life which cannot be changed. LL happens to be one of them.

Accept it and move on!

And now for the big enchilada!

When pressed, LL claims to be a Democrat! Guess what? He actually feels people are gullible enough to believe it!

Please do not count me among the believers!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

[quote=bigtex;1660820] .... I have learned to accept the fact that there are some things in life which cannot be changed. LL happens to be one of them. /quote]

You are correct as to one aspect at least, which is that I do not wait until Monday morning to call the plays. We might, and I stress the might, be having a different discussion had there been no 2003 "invasion" and an Iraqi designed and manufactured dirty bomb found its way into the Houston ship channel.

What side would you be on then, BT? Let me guess. Bush bashing.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women