Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
I doubt we would be totally independant from foreign oil by drilling more but that is not the issue.

We would keep billions of dollars here which is a big help. The additional supply of oil on the world market would most likely drive the price down which would lower the cost of gas. That would free up money for everyone in the US to spend on other goods and services such as providers. That creates more jobs which generates revenue to the government and lower unemployment which decreases government expendatures.

If they use all or a portion of the royalties the government receives from oil bing pumped from federal lands to do the research to find a green technology that can replace oil and still be as economical as oil. Then we can make an orderly transition to the new technology and be totally independant from foreign oil. Remember that it will take a decade or more just to transition to a new technology once it is developed. Manufacturing will have to change, equipment that already exists will continue to be used until it wears out. The energy distribution process will potentially have to be rebuilt for the new technology.

Green jos is a nice soundbite but it is far more complex than some politicians want to believe.

P.S. Thanks for being open minded.
Good points Laz and let me ask you another question since you appear to have knowledge in this subject, but what is your opinion on Brazil? I have heard various stories of how their ethanol fuel has replaced oil and that Brazil doesn't need to import a drop of oil from any OPEC nation and the big thing I hear is that it all comes from plants- which are very cheap. Is this too good to be true or is the media not telling us something about what's going on in Brazil?
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Good points Laz and let me ask you another question since you appear to have knowledge in this subject, but what is your opinion on Brazil? I have heard various stories of how their ethanol fuel has replaced oil and that Brazil doesn't need to import a drop of oil from any OPEC nation and the big thing I hear is that it all comes from plants- which are very cheap. Is this too good to be true or is the media not telling us something about what's going on in Brazil?

To good to be true for the USofA

https://www.farmanddairy.com/news/br...nomy/8935.html

They got some the hottest women though. I used to love to go down there when the dollar was strong. Not so much so now.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post

The article WTF references talks about why it does not work. It does not even reference the side effects of ethanol production in the US. Corn prices have skyrocketed resulting in higher food cost.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Here are two ideas

sorry I cannot get it link up so cut and paste

1."http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xOAgT8L_BqQ&feat ure=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xOAgT8L_BqQ&feat ure=player_embedded

2. 60 Minutes did a show on why US corporations have their headquarters overseas. If we would lower the corporate rate to a respective level, think how revenues would increase

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ag=mncol;lst;1
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Brazil has a good idea, but why not Methanol? We have plenty, and it's clean.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
The article WTF references talks about why it does not work. It does not even reference the side effects of ethanol production in the US. Corn prices have skyrocketed resulting in higher food cost.
It did not say it does not work for Brazil, it says it would not work here in the States.

We use corn and they use switchgrass.

There are a whole bunch of reasons it will not work here, that is just one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post

2. 60 Minutes did a show on why US corporations have their headquarters overseas. If we would lower the corporate rate to a respective level, think how revenues would increase

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7376746n&tag=mncol;lst;1

Yes we need to close the loopholes and then lower the rate.

But just because we have high business tax rates does not mean tnat tnat is wtf rate they pay. GE paid next to nothing last year.

I do agree we need to reform our tax structure.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #22
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It did not say it does not work for Brazil, it says it would not work here in the States.

I know. I phrased my reponse badly.

We use corn and they use switchgrass.

There are a whole bunch of reasons it will not work here, that is just one of them.

Yes we need to close the loopholes and then lower the rate.

But just because we have high business tax rates does not mean tnat tnat is wtf rate they pay. GE paid next to nothing last year.

I do agree we need to reform our tax structure.

GE kept a large amount of their earnings offshore so that they could avoid taxes. It was the right thing for them to do under the current tax stucture but tax reform might make it unnecessary.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #23
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Fire Obama, his Czars and his crony cabinet.....hire (elect) a true conservative President, then proceed to down size the government, reduce/eliminate federal regulatory restraints, revise the tax code to reward savings replacing the income tax with a sales tax, embrace states rights, and have a government that gets out of the way of business.

If all of the above was accomplished I would follow up with empowering individuals to sue companies and bureaucrats for consumer and enviornmental malfeasance.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #24
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I see someone mentioned Brazil. Did anyone also mention that during the ten year "miracle" in Brazil that they increased their crude oil production by 10% per year?
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #25
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

WTF Wave?

Cash for Clunkers credit? Lol many thanks to the tax payers, I've got a nice new golf cart now, net cost ..... less than 1K
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #26
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
I don't think tax incentives for hiring people work, if corporations are sitting on so much cash and don't hire, that means they don't have the work for new workers. So why would they hire? It's the same shit as with the tax credit for buying a house a few years back. I know several people who bought a house and got the 8K tax credit. They bought a house because they needed it, the tax credit was nice pocket change.
Cash for Clunkers credit? Lol many thanks to the tax payers, I've got a nice new golf cart now, net cost ..... less than 1K

You don't create demand by offering supply, you create supply when you stimulate demand.
Extended UE benefits for people who are long term out of work, that is an immediate boost for the economy, because that money is spend within days.

Maybe a huge tax fine for companies that outsource jobs overseas?
Well I'm glad to see you are enjoying your golfcart.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #27
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Well I'm glad to see you are enjoying your golfcart.
Thanks but I've rented it out, don't play golf myself
But I sure enjoy the proceeds
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #28
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Fire Obama, his Czars and his crony cabinet.....hire (elect) a true conservative President, then proceed to down size the government, reduce/eliminate federal regulatory restraints, revise the tax code to reward savings replacing the income tax with a sales tax, embrace states rights, and have a government that gets out of the way of business.

If all of the above was accomplished I would follow up with empowering individuals to sue companies and bureaucrats for consumer and enviornmental malfeasance.
Whirlway please everyone was giving sensible response- even the ones on here who are not Democrats can't you for once give an intelligent response without all the innuendos? Please act like a grown sensible man and people will take you seriously. We get the picture you don't like Obama you have beaten that topic to death- jeez just give it a break- seems like you can't give a reasonable response without name calling or some type of innuendo added.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #29
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Wellendowed..................

I answered your fucking question...no need to bring this down to a personal level.

But when you can't win the arguement on facts, that is what you always resort to....a personal attack.......

You need to change your ways dude..if you don't like my answer, ignore my posts. Don't whine like fucking baby.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #30
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The responses are par for the course. The GOP has no ideas whatsoever for getting the economy going other than the same old stale ones that resulted in the biggest economic dislocation since the Great Depression. Deregulate some more and let's repeat the Wall Street melt down. What a bunch of fucking fools. And the sad part is that the American people are so ignorant and ill-informed that they may well go for this sort of bullshit.

However, once the Presidential campaign starts, things may start to turn around. I have no idea who the Republican nominee will be, but based on the current field, it looks like that nominee will be as bankrupt on real ideas as all the right wing parrots here. Eliminating the Federal Reserve and repealing Amendment to the Constitution at least are new ideas, but they're as nutty as a fruit cake. And even your ignorant Bubba doesn't think that they will create jobs.

Going back to the bankrupt policies of George Bush is a slightly better idea in terms of being able to sell it to the masses, but while the memory of the voting public is short, I don't think it's that short. Of course Obama has done himself no favors by kissing the ass of Wall Street at every opportunity and sucking up to big business when he should have been excoriating them at every opportunity. And his failed Wall Street reforms that allow too big to fail banks to remain in place damage his credibility as a messenger, but the free the Wall Street, unbridled rapacious capitalism crowd got a lot of guts coming in only two years after the economic collapse and asking the public to double down and get a double dose of what just nearly killed them. It will be an interesting election.

Meanwhile, Paul Krugman has in interesting article where he comments on the dearth of Republican solutions to the jobs problem:

In early 2009, as the new Obama administration tried to come to grips with the crisis it inherited, you heard two main lines from critics on the right. First, they argued that we should rely on monetary policy rather than fiscal policy — that is, that the job of fighting unemployment should be left to the Fed. Second, they argued that fiscal actions should take the form of tax cuts rather than temporary spending.

Now, however, leading Republicans are against tax cuts — at least if they benefit working Americans rather than rich people and corporations.

And they’re against monetary policy, too. In Wednesday night’s Republican presidential debate, Mitt Romney declared that he would seek a replacement for Ben Bernanke, the Fed chairman, essentially because Mr. Bernanke has tried to do something (though not enough) about unemployment. And that makes Mr. Romney a moderate by G.O.P. standards, since Rick Perry, his main rival for the presidential nomination, has suggested that Mr. Bernanke should be treated “pretty ugly.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/op...r-on-fire.html

In other words, we're against everything, we hate working people, (and by implication we don't give a shit about anybody but the rich).
TexTushHog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women