Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 09-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #91
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default It is all in good fun now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

I know.

(Although I thought you had outgrown it.)
Hey, I used to mean it when I said it!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #92
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Hey, I used to mean it when I said it!
I know that also.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #93
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I believe too if I thought me and God were one and the same!

Quote:
I know that also.
No wonder you believe in God.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #94
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Back on topic, and a question posed ...

Before "we" decide what can be done about lowering the poverty level I "believe" that a determination ought to be made as to just what % of persons in the U.S. are:

1. "involunatarily in poverty" of the published %;
2. what % of the published % are here in this country legally; and
3. what % of the published % are already on an assistance program.

Kind of like the re-evaluation of the number without health insurance ....

Doesn't the actual number of persons who are permanent residents or citizens in this country who are "involuntarily in poverty" matter as far as determining a "fix"?

And then a second question is just how much revenue/benefits are they actually receiving?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #95
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Splitting Hairs

It sounds like you are merely splitting hairs like the people who argue over the shape of the conference table before even addressing the very real issues that cry out for solutions.

I think we can safely say that the majority of people in poverty are there involuntarily.

Generally, people who are in poverty are there because the economy is in recession and they lost their jobs.

The idiot from Crawford, Texas is largely responsible for the abysmal state of the economy and President Obama has a Herculean task in getting this country out of the hole Bush dug for us.

Now, we need solutions to this very real problem and I haven't heard any so far beside the very broad 6 point outline that I proposed earlier.

I am waiting for some of the heavyweights to contribute some meaningful ideas to get this country back on track.

. . . Speak up, folks! The country cries out for solutions!

Quote:
Back on topic, and a question posed ...

Before "we" decide what can be done about lowering the poverty level I "believe" that a determination ought to be made as to just what % of persons in the U.S. are:

1. "involunatarily in poverty" of the published %;
2. what % of the published % are here in this country legally; and
3. what % of the published % are already on an assistance program.

Kind of like the re-evaluation of the number without health insurance ....

Doesn't the actual number of persons who are permanent residents or citizens in this country who are "involuntarily in poverty" matter as far as determining a "fix"?

And then a second question is just how much revenue/benefits are they actually receiving?
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #96
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

So the cure to poverty and unemployment is to pull all out troops out of the Middle East wars? That's several hundred thousand solders. Then cut defense spending (read military) by 50% or so and save several hundred billion dollars per year off the government budget. Then we take a lot of that money and use it to fix roads, bridges, build super railways and work on the infrastructure. But, when the solders come home and we cut our force numbers back and let a lot of them go what kind of jobs will they get in civilian life (since few companies are hiring and 5 people or more are already applying for each job opening now) How long would it take to get the infrastructure makeover up and running? Months, years? Companies involved in making products for the military will have to cut back, many may go out of business. What happens to their employees? I see a major spike in unemployment in this plan. What are we going to do with all these newly unemployed people while we figure out how to fund the infrastructure projects, while waiting for the endless environmental studies required to make sure some salamander or insect won't be impacted by all this new construction? Then what about all the people who used to work for the companies supplying the military who no longer get an earned paycheck. They won't have money to spend on stuff they need, like cars, tv's and other consumer stuff. Many may lose their homes because they can't sell them for what they owe. Let's add another serveral thousands of forclosures to the housing market. The stores that depended on their spending will be hit hard and they will have to downsize somewhat and let another few thousand people go. There is no simple solution. For every action there is a reaction
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #97
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
Lack the intellect to make a point and argue it well.
huh?

on subject

I just drove to Austin and back to Dallas yesterday and home today but thru Lawton OK

I saw lots of "we are hiring signs" yea most are min wage but one said $10.00 an hour and one was for Lennox, so they have to pay well

point is there are jobs out there, maybe not to your liking but it is something
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #98
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
It sounds like you are merely splitting hairs like the people who argue over the shape of the conference table before even addressing the very real issues that cry out for solutions.
Actually, you are arguing and name calling, I wasn't. When you desire to have a constructive and producting conversation on the topic, just make that known.

If 15% are "in poverty" a "majority" is 7.6%. That can make a difference.

If of the 7.6% 1/2 are either citizens or residents, that means 3.8%.

And of the 3.8% if 1/2 are already on some form of assistance, that means that "we" only need to supplement 1.9% and then figure out how to get the other 1.9% above the "poverty line."

A solution for 1.9% would be different than for 15%. And less costly.

Unless of course the liberal-spend thrifts in this country want to "out source" our welfare system and continue to support the unemployed, sick, and poor from next door.

And since the snake oil sales man from Chicago, likes to play statistical games with "job increases" to sell more snake oil, then he ought to jump on board with that concept in a New York second.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women