Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
SkyDriver
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Why even work hard and try to get ahead ?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak
SkyDriver is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

This is talking about a family of four making 60k.

I'd hardly call that getting ahead.

People work because of the selfworth one derives from that work...

You guys are reaching.

Quit your job and live on welfare if you think it is such a good deal!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
SkyDriver
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
My ECCIE Reviews

You missed the point entirely.
SkyDriver is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

And I think you missed the point entirely.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Booth
Valued Poster

There was a point?
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The point is that we have a system that favors welfare over work. Effectively, that family on welfare has more disposable income than the family that works for $60K per year.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

The point is that many of the poor are compensated by the government for their possible lack of education (blame it on the teachers - they couldn't get the kid out of bed and go to school), possible lack of marketable skills (blame it on the teachers - the kid can't read or write because the teachers couldn't get the kid to do his homework and study while in school) and possibly for poor life choices (early pregnancies, drug use, etc.; again, blame it on the teachers - they didn't teach kids about the negative impact such things can have on one's life). Whereas, the $60,000 earning-working stiff has to shoulder the burden of raising a family without much government assistance (there are those pesky schools and teachers the government pays for - where a kid can learn to read and write - but what the hey). The stiff has to do this because he did make himself marketable; because, he did make himself employable by gaining an education and not making poor life choices.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
There was a point?
I think it is on top of SkyDiver's head
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Learn how the system works and then bitch. But learn the whole system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The point is that we have a system that favors welfare over work. Effectively, that family on welfare has more disposable income than the family that works for $60K per year.

I think they are both charity cases....why should the 60k family get a deduction for having kids?

So I pay school taxes for his two kids and he gets a break in his Federal income tax bill and you are bitching because someone else is getting a break better than him?

Fuck that!

What we should be bitching about is this stupid social
engineering.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

So you support about 90% of the Tea Party platforms.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I think they are both charity cases....why should the 60k family get a deduction for having kids?

So I pay school taxes for his two kids and he gets a break in his Federal income tax bill and you are bitching because someone else is getting a break better than him?

Fuck that!

What we should be bitching about is this stupid social
engineering.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default It is the idiotic 10% that is just crazy as fuc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
So you support about 90% of the Tea Party platforms.........

Yes...now you are starting to actually listen.

I support paying our debts.

I would like to see a gradual wind down of all government spending (not just the part you want cut) and a gradual raising of our taxes to accomplish this.

Then I would like to see our tax rate drop and government spending to stat low.

That means we can not police the world for free.

That means we will not be able to spend a 100k on an old person in the last month of their life.

That means that we can not have deductions for buying a house or giving to a charity. That means a whole helluva lot of things you thing ok, I think charity. If I am going to give up WTF I believe good charity, then you should to.

We could protect this country with 1/4 of our current military. If someone fucs with us we have a nuff nukes to send them to hell in a handbasket ten times over.

You forget, I was the one that wanted to nuke Osama in Bora Bora. I did not give a shit about the people that it might kill. Be much less in the long run than has happened. Next time that happened a country would turn over the criminial.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Actually, WTF, I agree with you. Why should having children result in a deduction? The system is hopelessly screwed, and needs to be replaced.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #13
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDriver View Post
Then quit our $60,000 a year job if it's so great. See how you like it. And your realize that the $16 or 18k for CHIPS and Medicaid isn't cash. But go get 'em.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDriver View Post
You missed the point entirely.
What point? This point?

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/index.php/site/comments/wyatt_emmerichs_welfare_chart_ dissected_by_the_new_republic_ 020811/

You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
My chart tells the story. It is pretty much self-explanatory.

Income-$14500 – taxes and childcare-$11550 = disposable income- $2950 (or $7970 if you include earned income)
Of the $34827, $5020 may be disposable.
The other $29807 goes for the category it is listed under.
Food stamps give them a whopping $121.38 a week.
Section 8 pays $362 a month. If you take $4350 from the $7970, and add it to the $362, that gives you $724 for rent. The disposable income is now $3620
They get $70.42 for utilities.
None of the amounts given over-pays its purpose.

Children on Medicaid are not eligible for CHIPS. I found health insurance for a family of 3 in TX for $299 (Humana copay 80 $5000, $700 Rx) I have a screen shot of the rates. I couldn’t find any mention of a figure near $16500 ($1375 per month) except in the paragraphs below.

Almost all welfare programs have Web sites where you can call up "benefits calculators." Just plug in your income and family size and, presto, your benefits are automatically calculated.
The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimu wage) has more disposable income than a amily making $60,000 a year. We know one of these families has 2 kids. We know nothing about the other family. Why doesn't that surprise me? Why haven't any "conservatives" said anything about this guy's twisting the facts? A family need not have children. That adds $9600 to the $60000 family’s disposable income if they are childless. They spend less on food, housing etc.
And if that wasn't enough, here is one that will blow your mind:
If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year. This is total bullshit.
Ever wonder why Obama was so focused on health reform? It is so those who have no interest or ability in working, make as much as representatives of America's once exalted, and now merely endangered, middle class.Nice leap in your “logic”. We have a pathological liar on our hands.
First of all, working one week a month, saves big-time on child care. Working one day a month saves big time too. Who the fuck is talking about less than full time other than this dick head? But the real big-ticket item is Medicaid, which has minimal deductibles and copays. By working only one week a month at a minimum wage job, a provider is able to get total medical coverage for next to nothing. The only way to come out “ahead?” is to need medical care all the time.
Compare this to the family provider making $60,000 a year. A typical Mississippi family coverage would cost around $12,000, adding deductibles and copays adds an additional $4,500 or so to the bill. That's a huge hit.
There is a reason why a full time worker may not be too excited to learn there is little to show for doing the "right thing."
The full-time $60,000-a-year job is going to be much more demanding than woring one week a month at minimu wage. Presumably, the low-income parent will have more energy to attend to the various stresses of managing a household. Nice try ass-breath. Notice how the piece of shit compares working one week a month at minimum wage to a full time job. Which of the 2 jobs will be more demanding, physically?
It gets even scarier if one assumes a little dishonesty is throwin in the equation.
If the one-week-a-month worker maintains an unreported cash-only job on the side, the deal gets better than a regular $60,000-a-year job. In this scenario, you maintain a reportable, payroll deductible, low-income job for federal tax purposes. This allows you to easily establish your qualification for all these welfare programs. Then your black-market job gives you additional cash without interfering with your benefits. Some economists estimate there is one trillion in unreported income each year in the United States.
This really got me thinking. Just how much money could I get if I set out to deliberately scam the system? I soon realized that getting a low-paying minimum wage job would set the stage for far more welfare benefits than you could earn in a real job, if you were weilling to cheat. Even if you dodn't cheat, you could do almost as well working one week a month at minimum wage than busting a gut at a $60,000-a-year job. This guy sucks my dick for his black market job. What black market jobs? The ones they are eliminating because illegals used to do them? How many jobs pay cash these days? What has this got to do with this wage comparrison? Let’s imply that poor people are all lazy, cheating, scumbags.
Now where it gets plainly out of control is if one throws in Supplemental Security Income.
SSI pays $8,088 per year for each "disabled" family member. A person can be deemed "disabled" if thy are totally lacking in the cultural and educational skills needed to be employable in the workforce.This is total bullshit. Let’s see some proof.
If you add $24,262 a year for three disability checks, the lowest paid welfare family would now have far more take-home income than the $60,000-a-year family.
Best of all: being on welfare does not judge you if you are stupid enough not to take drugs all day, every day to make some sense out of this Mephistophelian tragicomedy known as living in the USA: Make that lazy, cheating, drug using scumbags.

One last thing. These people get debit cards for food stamps and such. Section 8 money goes directly to the landlords, etc. They don’t get checks (or cash) to spend on dope.
Most private workplaces require drug testing, but there is no drug testing to get welfare checks.

The body of this article is apples and oranges and his hemorrhoids. Each paragraph adds the blogger’s own lack of integrity and decency to an article that means less and less the farther you read. He paints everyone with the same brush.

The thing that gets me is not one of our conservative posters called this piece of shit, this distorter of the truth, this fabricator, this fucking douche bag on a single thing. He is truly one of you.
What did I expect on a hooker board?
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #15
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

PS The fed. income tax on $60,000 for married filing jointly is $8166 or $9854 if head of household. And that would be $60,000 of taxable income which mean the $60,000 family is really @ a $75000 gross family.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women