Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Obamacare Decision: Disaster for Liberals

For those of you who don't understand how the SCOTUS works, understand that past decisions are used to support later decisions. This is call "precedent".

There are some dangerous precedents being set in the Obamacare decision.

1. Normally, if a provision in a law is unconstitutional under one part of the Constitution, and constitutional under another part, the law is unconstitutional. The Constitution was devised to limit government power, not expand it

That is gone now. This will give creative lawyers almost unlimited leave to throw the entire Constitution at something, hoping something will stick. This gives both liberals and conservatives a lot of leeway to try to get unconstitutional laws passed.

2. Government now has unlimited power to make you do anything they want, so long as they threaten to tax you if you don't. Imagine what a Republican President and Congress can do with that. Do you want an abortion? Go ahead, but we will tax you if you do. We want you to buy American cars. If you don't, we will tax you. The mind boggles at what some of these ridiculous Republicans could demand. Some of these K Street dudes could say "Accept Jesus as your Saviour, or pay this tax." Of course, the 1st Amendment would forbid that, but it would be constitutional under the taxing authority, so it would be constitutional.

This decision will be bad for everyone, even if you like Obamacare. Chief Justice John Marshall in the early 1800s said that "The power to tax is the power to destroy." He was right. Through the taxing power, Congress and President have destroyed freedom, destroyed the Constitution, destroyed any notion of limited government, destroyed any notion of this being a free country, and destroyed America.

If Obamacare is repealed (unlikely), the precedent will still stand.

Jump for joy now, liberals, Your laughter will turn to tears at some point. You have no idea what the government may do now, and you may not like it.

In fact, I guarantee it.

<<<<Liberty
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Drama Queen!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Think what you want, WTF. I will be proven right.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

WASHINGTON, DC – Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement on the Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens.

Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Think what you want, WTF. I will be proven right.
COG many months ago you told me and everyone that you had a good source and you darn neared guaranteed that Rick Perry would win the GOP nomination and become the next POTUS- how did that turn out??? You my friend have lost any and all credibility with me after you made that statement how can I take you serious on any other political matter?
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL! I already posted that my source didn't count on how stupid Perry was, and changed. And if I have no credibility on that basis, you must have even less.

Thanks, WE. You made me laugh on an otherwise sad day!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

You libs will find out in november. Just as Admirral Yamammoto said about the bombing of Pearl Harbor, "I am afraid we have awakened a sleeping giant". The common folks of this country, once they understand this is the biggest tax increase ever anywhere, and no one is exempt from it, and the federal government now seems to have unlimited power on what we can, and cannot do will rise up and throw all these cocksucker dems out of office. The scotus has just given us the ammo we need to rid the country of the communist bastards in power now.
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
LOL! I already posted that my source didn't count on how stupid Perry was, and changed. And if I have no credibility on that basis, you must have even less.

Thanks, WE. You made me laugh on an otherwise sad day!

Yeah you changed AFTER Perry made a fool of himself and was the laughing stock of the GOP- you can't take back what you said just like Romney will not be able to take back remarks about he thinks Romneycare should be expanded to the whole nation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLTovqG29g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PG4j2K0dA

COG what you and Romney will find out is what you say in the past can come back and bite you in the ass in the present and future.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
You libs will find out in november. Just as Admirral Yamammoto said about the bombing of Pearl Harbor, "I am afraid we have awakened a sleeping giant". The common folks of this country, once they understand this is the biggest tax increase ever anywhere, and no one is exempt from it, and the federal government now seems to have unlimited power on what we can, and cannot do will rise up and throw all these cocksucker dems out of office. The scotus has just given us the ammo we need to rid the country of the communist bastards in power now.
You are aware that the first health plan with a mandate was engineered by Republicans with NEWT leading the charge? WTF is your problem do you fear poor people having access to health care?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

God, you're an idiot, WE. Of course I took it back after Perry proved to be a bigger fool than I imagined. I didn't know before then. The way the polls went, a lot of us were fooled. (By the way, I never supported Perry.) LOL! Keep this up. This is funny!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Libertarian presidential nominee and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson released the following statement in response to the Supreme Court’s health care ruling:

“It has been clear for a while that we need a new President and a new Congress. Now it appears we need a new Supreme Court.

“Whether the Court chooses to call the individual mandate a tax or anything else, allowing it to stand is a truly disturbing decision. The idea that government can require an individual to buy something simply because that individual exists and breathes in America is an incredible blow to the bedrock principles of freedom and liberty. It must be repealed, and Congress needs to get about doing so today.

“There is one thing we know about health care. Government cannot create a system that will reduce costs while increasing access. Only competition and the price transparency that competition will bring can accomplish the imperatives of affordability and availability. Whether it is the President’s plan or the Republican prescription drug benefit, the idea that anyone in Washington can somehow manage one of the most essential and substantial parts of both our quality of life and the economy is, and always has been, fundamentally wrong.

“We can never know how many Americans are out of work today because of the uncertainty the monstrous health care law has caused. The Court has done nothing to remove that burden.

“Nothing about today’s decision changes the basic reality that it is impossible to eliminate deficit spending and remove the smothering consequences of federal debt without dramatically reducing the costs of Medicare and Medicaid. And neither the Democrats nor the Republicans have given the slightest hint of willingness to do so.”
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
God, you're an idiot, WE. Of course I took it back after Perry proved to be a bigger fool than I imagined. I didn't know before then. The way the polls went, a lot of us were fooled. (By the way, I never supported Perry.) LOL! Keep this up. This is funny!
And COG if you recall I told you no way would he come close to beating Obama and I also told you since I live in Texas that Perry was a liar- he balanced the states budget with the stimulus money he got from Obama and Perry stated he wouldn't accept the money(Liar) but he did!.
I also told you that Texas has on average the highest percentage of minimum wage jobs in the nation. But you wanted to ride on your high horse and say you had some inside source that told you otherwise and you ended p looking like a fool- I also vaguely remember you stating that Gary Johnson would defeat Obama????
Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Drama Queen!

poor cof ..

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
timpage
Account Disabled

....Good old COG....keeping up the conservative mantra that the best defense is a good offense.

Spin it as hard as you can,buddy....only the brain-dead are buying.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

we kinda hijacked the thread

IMO this thread was supposed to be a rant and rave outlet for circle-jerkers and COF was the pivot man
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women